Season 6 tokens

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Dev Post
I remember seeing a dev post saying unused tokens would be converted to Warzone commendations. Will this be at a 1:1 ratio?

Thanks in advanced.

The plan right now is to do a 1:1 ratio but we are open to suggestions of what everyone feels is fair.

1:1 I don't consider fair. The reason being that I've invest 297 Warzone commendations for every 99 Ranked. To convert back at 1:1 dashes all the work put into building up Ranked Commendations. There should be a better metric considering it was 1:4 (I think - 10 Ranked for 40 Unranked?) in the old system.

The plan right now is to do a 1:1 ratio but we are open to suggestions of what everyone feels is fair.

Its not fair at all, and you know it.

Who converted it from wz to ranked spent 3 to 1.

The logic, that i do not expect from DEVs, is the same conversion should be apllied.

But it's DEV dont expect much from you.

1:1 I don't consider fair. The reason being that I've invest 297 Warzone commendations for every 99 Ranked. To convert back at 1:1 dashes all the work put into building up Ranked Commendations. There should be a better metric considering it was 1:4 (I think - 10 Ranked for 40 Unranked?) in the old system.

The previous ratio for Ranked to Regular Commendations was 3:1. Also, if you were to convert Ranked commendation to warzone commendations, it would be a 1:1 conversion. I believe what Tait was discussing above was the new Token System that allows you to get PvP Season rewards, not the previous ranked commendations.

What I would prefer to see is a new Ranked Reputation Vendor that houses old PvP sets available in a legacy configuration. Old ranked sets such as Battlemaster, Centurion, Recruit, etc. At this vendor could also be a token conversion to warzone comms. With gear substantially easier to get, it would be nice if we had something to spend our excess commendations on such as snazzy gear sets or old PvP mounts.

This vendor would ideally be reputation based and a new PvP ranked reputation would be added. As you play ranked, your reputation goes up but over time your Ranked reputation decreases (with weekly limits). This decrease over time incentivizes continued play throughout the season even if you hit the mark for the Tier 1 rewards.

Edited by ManiacDavis

wz to ranked spent 3 to 1.

Topic not about ranked comms and wz comms. Topic about wz comms and new TOKENS.

I think 1:1 good ratio. But i want to see legacy cargo for tokens, so i can transfer them

Edited by Araberen

This vendor would ideally be reputation based and a new PvP ranked reputation would be added. As you play ranked, your reputation goes up but over time your Ranked reputation decreases (with weekly limits). This decrease over time incentivizes continued play throughout the season even if you hit the mark for the Tier 1 rewards.

I like this idea.

Alex is the Daily and Weekly Ranked bugged or is that intended?

So after each match you get Season 6 tokens too, if I'm not mistaken the same amount as warzone commendations, so if you get 140 after a winning match you get 140 season 6 tokens too.

And the Daily Ranked which requires 3 won matches gives 10.. 10 tokens are lackluster at best. Shouldn't that 10 be 100 at least?

Weekly ranked the same: 9 won matches required, and it rewards after completion 50 Season 6 tokens... That's so miniscule that it makes picking up these 2 quests almost worthless.

Edited by Agidius

What I would prefer to see is a new Ranked Reputation Vendor that houses old PvP sets available in a legacy configuration. Old ranked sets such as Battlemaster, Centurion, Recruit, etc. At this vendor could also be a token conversion to warzone comms. With gear substantially easier to get, it would be nice if we had something to spend our excess commendations on such as snazzy gear sets or old PvP mounts.

New skins to buy (even those of the old retired pvp sets xD) would sure be nice.

As for the season rewards, please make shiny stuff to keep people motivated & sell them individually, not in boxes.

Also, if you could change it so tier rewards would be awarded to a percentage of each class, you'd be just the best.

k, thx :rak_05:

Edited by Mister_Ewing

So theoretically, if I got top 3, I would get 144k tokens, and if i didn't spend them, that would convert to 144k warzone comms, right?

Hmmm. Something tells me that they would not do that, unless they are changing their stance on the importance of keeping a gear grind to maintain a sense of progression for the character, which they did sort of change that since the gear is so much cheaper.

S6 will end with the launch of 4.0 in late October, right? Since the level cap will be raised, there will probably be new pvp gear. If those tokens were converted to 144K comms, you could instantly get the new unranked and ranked sets on about 7 toons. :eek: No more gear grind for you.

Hmmm. Something tells me that they would not do that, unless they are changing their stance on the importance of keeping a gear grind to maintain a sense of progression for the character, which they did sort of change that since the gear is so much cheaper.

S6 will end with the launch of 4.0 in late October, right? Since the level cap will be raised, there will probably be new pvp gear. If those tokens were converted to 144K comms, you could instantly get the new unranked and ranked sets on about 7 toons. :eek: No more gear grind for you.

Nah, it's not instant, I think they said the tokens would convert at the end of the next season. So s6 tokens will convert to comms in s8 i think.

So after each match you get Season 6 tokens too, if I'm not mistaken the same amount as warzone commendations, so if you get 140 after a winning match you get 140 season 6 tokens too.

And the Daily Ranked which requires 3 won matches gives 10.. 10 tokens are lackluster at best. Shouldn't that 10 be 100 at least?

Weekly ranked the same: 9 won matches required, and it rewards after completion 50 Season 6 tokens... That's so miniscule that it makes picking up these 2 quests almost worthless.

Yeah...... That's really really low.

Nah, it's not instant, I think they said the tokens would convert at the end of the next season. So s6 tokens will convert to comms in s8 i think.

How does that make sense? If that were the case, you could save up tokens in S6 and get all the S7 rewards day one without even stepping inside of a ranked warzone in season 7.

My expectation is that at the beginning of every season will be a pre-season to buy your stuff, and your tokens will convert to warzone commendations similar to how ranked commendations converted in 3.3. So all Tokens earned in S6 will be converted to WZ comms Day 1 S7 and so on and so forth.

Edit for clarity

Edited by ManiacDavis

How does that make sense? If that were the case, you could save up tokens in S6 and get all the S7 rewards day one without even stepping inside of a ranked warzone in season 7.

My expectation is that after every season, your tokens will convert to warzone commendations similar to how ranked commendations converted in 3.3. So all Tokens earned in S6 will be converted to WZ comms Day 1 S7 and so on and so forth.

No. You can't buy the s6 rewards until s7 starts. You have all of s7 to spend your tokens.

If you actually PvP, there's no more gear grind. 200k cap? It doesn't take much to get full Dark Reaver. Yeah, it'll be nice being able to quick re-gear when they give us new gear tiers.

No. You can't buy the s6 rewards until s7 starts. You have all of s7 to spend your tokens.

That doesn't make sense to me though. If you earn Tokens in S7 those get reset at the beginning of S8. Is there not going to be a pre-season between S6 and S7?

Also, if you were to convert Ranked commendation to warzone commendations, it would be a 1:1 conversion..

Yes, true but I'd never do that. I suspect few would. And, in this situation, we really have no choice. We're forced to make the conversion. If commendations had no distinction, I'd have 3 times the commendations that I currently have. I don't expect this to be balanced out and ultimately it doesn't matter... but I still feel kind of screwed.

The previous ratio for Ranked to Regular Commendations was 3:1. Also, if you were to convert Ranked commendation to warzone commendations, it would be a 1:1 conversion. I believe what Tait was discussing above was the new Token System that allows you to get PvP Season rewards, not the previous ranked commendations.

Great idea. Needs to be implemented.

All the PvP dailies have been gutted, but the patch notes say they've been increased... so please don't attempt math, just go along with BW and keep quiet please. ;)

Seriously though, people are so happy gear is cheaper they are leaving their blinders on for everything else.

Only a few here probably remember that these great prices were meant to be in a couple of years ago, but the prices were left intentionally inflated even after ranked were released (those high ranked prices were a temporary fix since they botchhed ranked release). Now nobody cares other things are being gutted and taken away since we were given the prices we should have had all along.

Don't get me wrong, I sound frustrated but I am happy with the new gear prices, I've started numerous threads on it last few years and I'm happy to finally see it fixed. However, making quest rewards insignificant is just counterproductive if their true goal is to help people out and have them geared out faster.

I wrote a thread about this idea a few months ago that I won't dig for now. I also thought they should make valor worth something if they did something like this.

The older the set you can purchase from this vendor, the higher the valor req. For example, a season 3 set may only require 60 valor to purchase, but if you go back as far as battlemaster, perhaps valor 80. If you were around then anyways, your toons are valor 100 anyway so it's not that big of a deal to have valor 80 req, but it would finally make valor mean something.