New Information regarding FE content.

Infernixx

Coming from a youtube E3 video with Michael Backus.

Relevant points:

Fresh level 60's will get gear, abilities, and skills.

Chapter 1 is set up as a story-driven tutorial to remind people how to play or teach new level 60's.

Free character slot for subs for your 1 free instant level 60. (Dev post from before stated that we will get 2 free character slots for subs.)

Reiteration of this expansion is only for subs: no way to buy expansion.

This expansion is "Season 1:" the 16 chapters through July 2016. "Season 2" will start a little while later. Similar to how Guild Wars 2 releases content.

Core game is being revamped: this includes rewards, companions, and crafting.

Chapter 1 and 2 will be before the Zakull Empire takes over. The demo they showed at E3 was Chapter 3.

There will be new "MMO stuff:" PvP, Flashpoints, ect. No specifics announced yet: they are focusing on the story aspect of the expansion right now since that appeals to the majority of gamers and is the biggest change.

Crafting cap is being raised in the expansion.

Expansion will have new quest mechanics. Cameras will move in dialog.

This is not my information, I found it on the SWTOR subreddit.

Watch the video. Interview starts at 31:43.

Edited by Infernixx

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder if this is their way of getting back into a "sub only" format and have a finite line of f2p/preferred so that you can play up to level 60 but beyond that, sub or don't have access (at least for now).

will be interesting to see what they do and how they do it. i guess we know what they've been doing last few years, since i don't think this will be a "small update" and probably a pretty significant undertaking.

i'm both anxious and apprehensive given this new info. more the former than latter but a bit more of latter than what was there a few weeks ago.

Good information to be had here. I like that chapter 1 is intended as a tutorial of sorts for new players who are new to the game, existing players to deal with new changes or if changes are drastic re-learnt heir class or old players coming back to re-learn the game,

Coming from a youtube E3 video with Michael Backus.

Core game is being revamped: this includes rewards, companions, and crafting.

This gave me a huge panicky sensation that I must try to finish the rest of my alts before the expansion hits. I tend to be leery about change :o

This expansion is "Season 1:" the 16 chapters through July 2016. "Season 2" will start a little while later. Similar to how Guild Wars 2 releases content.

Great lol...more story until July 2016...>.<

but my friend, they said new more pvp, flashpoints, etc. they will announce them down closer to launch :)

I hope you're correct. But my hopes and hype will remain at zero until it's "official" :) That way, I'll be expecting no more than a 2-day break from the real SWTOR to experience the new story and nothing more :)

Wait until Conundrum-NSA gets here.

Brace Yourself, NGE comparisons are coming

That sometimes makes me wonder if anyone has actually sued SOE for causing them psychological harm. The way some people fear it could be another NGE...it's almost like PTSD.

In case people have already forgotten, we get 9 chapters at launch and 7 more after launch, between Oct 2015 and July 2016.

I don't gamers have forgotten that.

It's just we also have not forgotten how quickly we tore through the games original stories and content and were left with little to do because there was not enough end game FP and ops (and to some extent PVP as well) when the story was all said and done.

That was not the best of times. I'd like to not see a repeat of the, "to much reliance on story" part.

Edited by Quraswren

Not a fan of anyone using "core game revamp" when talking about expansions...

From what they said in the interview it sounded like they were referring to adjusting the XP and rewards for the leveling content. Basically adjusting everything to make it a smoother experience to run straight through the class stories without having to worry about side quests. And possibly what had been briefly mentioned elsewhere about adjustments to the side quests as well.

From what they said in the interview it sounded like they were referring to adjusting the XP and rewards for the leveling content. Basically adjusting everything to make it a smoother experience to run straight through the class stories without having to worry about side quests. And possibly what had been briefly mentioned elsewhere about adjustments to the side quests as well.

They also mention companions and crafting. It doesn't sound like combat will be impacted, but it sounds like the expansion will have more of an impact on the game than just what happens after 60. Now you're looking at impacts to Conquest and the economy as very real possibilities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.