This unbelievably stupid Rakghoul plague

cjakubow

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't make my swipe my Visa card in order to make my character stop hitching and puking every ten seconds (SO STUPID; WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS STUPID).

If I could swipe my Visa to make you and those like you stop ************* and crying for ten seconds, that would be much more of a relief than the Rakghoul Plague cure. Besides, twenty minutes after infection you get to see your character die...plus you get 5 free DNA samples? Hell yeah I want to get infected! I'm not a masochist, but there are some awesome ways to commit suicide in this game. Rakghoul Plague infection being one of them. I'd give anything to be able to blow myself out of the airlock of my ship, that would be hilarious.

2/10 trololol's

Although you never needed to leave Rishi to get the vaccine, which all medics sell. The more you know!

Also...can I have your stuff?

Not all medics sell the vaccine. Starter planets like Korriban seem to not have the vaccine, which leaves players wide open to being infected whether they want to be or not.

I don't like the event either, so i don't partake in it, i am sure there are some that do enjoy it, like some enjoy the bounty events when they occur, but i find these periodic events to be so dull and boring....i just don't do them.

The solution is to just put the Rakghoul plague serum, which you can get from any medical droid.

Not all medics sell the vaccine. Starter planets like Korriban seem to not have the vaccine, which leaves players wide open to being infected whether they want to be or not.

True and for new players who don't have a friend playing the game or have a higher level character to use, they can't afford the 2k needed for the vaccine easily.

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is.

I stopped reading right after the introduction sentence. Sure, this game isn't perfect (what game is?), but I enjoy it. If I wasn't having fun, I'd stop playing. If you don't like it, that's certainly your right, but please don't pretend to speak for everyone else.

I was under the impression that the starter planets were plague free.

Bored level 60 with the plague goes to Korriban/Tython, exolodes on noobs, douchebaggery accomplished.

Wow, what a monumental inconvenience. It's almost as bad as those credit spammers clogging up the intertubes. I hope Bioware fixes both issues before the sky falls.

Not something that affects me, just clarifying a confusion. Personlly id find that -almost- as boring/a waste of time as level 60s camping level 25s on tatooine for hours on end but small minds are easily entertained and all that :D

I stocked up on relics, but if i ever do end up plagued on an alt, i amuse myself by going to the vip area and try to land on the patrolling guards :D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I was under the impression that the starter planets were plague free.

This is correct. The plague does not spread on the starter planets.

Bored level 60 with the plague goes to Korriban/Tython, exolodes on noobs, douchebaggery accomplished.

Doesn't work.

True and for new players who don't have a friend playing the game or have a higher level character to use, they can't afford the 2k needed for the vaccine easily.

Oh that is total BS and you know it. Even a new starting player can make 2k credits easy, especially sense you no longer have to pay to level skills. Not 5o mention starter planets are not included in the event.

HAHAHA this actually made me lol. Let me paraphrase the OP:

..."Hello everyone, I'm a complete tool and I'd like to take a moment to share with you all just why that is. First off, let me say that because I have eyes and understand how words and sentences and clocks work I can clearly see that lots of people still play this game because there are new posts about new content, some as early as a few minutes before I make my own posts. Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to now tell you all how you don't play the game anymore because you know how terrible it is. Does that makes sense? No, but it doesn't have to: I'm a tool, remember????"

"Second, what is it that I hate about this thing you all don't play anymore because you think it's terrible is that my toon is coughing all the time when I'm trying to do different things. Remember, we all know how terrible this game is, but for some reason I'm playing. And you are. Even though no one does. Because it's terrible....anyway, instead of asking someone in general chat, or having even five minutes of common sense to employ trying to find out how to stop my cough, I think I'll go check google. And I mean like right away I'm going to check google. Why? Because I'm a tool, which means finding out for myself how things work is just wayyyy too hard (other tools, like table saws, don't have brains....how can you expect me to???)."

"Lastly, I'd like to make a lot of irrational statements that actually have no basis in reality whatsoever, and they are as follows *ahem* : you're all unemployed and moving back in with your parents. This game is the worst game ever made. Everyone involved in it's production and maintenance has failed at life in every aspect. Purple rhymes with horse. Black people can see ghosts. And God is a giant lizard from planet Snorkledork. *drops the mic and walks out*

And....scene :eek:

I hope you all enjoyed my personal interpretation of the OP. Thanks for coming. Be sure to tip your waitress.

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is. I log on recently to play and find I have this stupid plague debuff on my character that lasts way too long and I guess ultimately results in my death. Worse than death no matter what I'm doing I am knocked out of it so I can do some monumentally stupid coughing animation. Fighting something? Please wait while you do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In a store? Please wait while you're knocked out of the store UI to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation. In the marketplace? Please wait while you're knocked out of it and lose your search to do this monumentally stupid coughing animation.

You see, stuff like this is why you have to give this game away "for free" and still hardly anyone plays it. This game was made by some of the industry worst game designers and you have the industry worst game designers maintaining it. I almost fell out of my chair and hit the floor when I realized that a human being who I can only guess is intelligent enough to operate a computer actually implemented this asinine garbage. Hey I know, why don't you hire someone to come stand behind me and scream in my ear. That would be annoying too.

So by the time I realize I have this stupid plague on me I am on Rishi. I have to minimize this stupid game (and god help you if you have to minimize this stupid game) and read google to find out I have to fly back to the fleet or another planet that isn't Rishi to spend in game money on a stupid cure. I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't make my swipe my Visa card in order to make my character stop hitching and puking every ten seconds (SO STUPID; WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IS STUPID).

So I have to sit through a half dozen minute-long loading screens to get back to the fleet and then back again to what I was doing so I could buy this stupid thing.

In my entire life of playing video games I have never seen anything quite so stupid. Knocking someone out of store UI's and fights so your character can bend over and barf far surpasses the second stupidest thing I have ever seen. I know that no one at Bioware cares. You're probably all just sitting around waiting for your layoff notice to hit, but oh my god you are bad at making games if this is what you come up with. I don't even have any constructive criticism for how you can become better game designers. All I can suggest is you collectively quit your jobs, move back in with your parents into your old room and stalk celebrities on twitter for the rest of your lives, because you have absolutely no business in this industry at all.

The coughing fits are much much more frequent that they were on the original rakghoul event, not sure why they decided to make it even more annoying.

And as far as I know the original rakghoul plague didn't knock off your Story if you happened to be buying something.

hahaha this actually made me lol. Let me paraphrase the op:

< snip >

i hope you all enjoyed my personal interpretation of the op. Thanks for coming. Be sure to tip your waitress.

+10 😄

Edited by XiamaraSimi

OP easy solution go and jump from a cliff or tall building, you die immediately and the stupid cough/debuff goes bye bye. Everytime someone sticks me with that I just do it and can go back and play the game again. Agreed with you wholeheartedly. Edited by Kantaso