This unbelievably stupid Rakghoul plague

cjakubow

So I have not played this game for a long time because we all know how terrible it is.

I don't understand why you are here and why you came back then. That's like going back to that restaurant that serves terrible food repeatedly. Do you enjoy punishing yourself?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW should add about 20 level 100 Boss NPC's to fleet to patrol around and kill anyone that's infected. That would be hilarious.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

Knowledge that you can buy a serum that pretty much lasts during most gaming sessions that will keep you from getting the plague.

Got hit with the plague for the first time last night. Was in an OP too. Luckily someone had a spare vaccine. Later I bought my own stash. So I guess it boils down to who's around you. You can get lucky or you can get ******es.

I can see both sides of the issue. On the one hand it's something different from the usual "wail on random mobs". On the other hand if the event is not designed for griefing, it sure encourages it. I'm not going to say it should necessarily be opt in only. But you have to wonder what they're thinking if they flat out tell you to go after other players. It's just inviting conflict. Maybe they should tweak it so the objective applies to NPCs. I can think of a few I'd like to see explode.

Edited by CrutchCricket

So much this. As for now, I don't participate in this event at all. I opt out with all my chars.

Agreed I do not participate, as soon as they start selling crafting trainers on the CM I'll buy them and never have to go to the fleet again MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Got hit with the plague for the first time last night. Was in an OP too. Luckily someone had a spare vaccine. Later I bought my own stash. So I guess it boils down to who's around you. You can get lucky or you can get ******es.

I can see both sides of the issue. On the one hand it's something different from the usual "wail on random mobs". On the other hand if the event is not designed for griefing, it sure encourages it. I'm not going to say it should necessarily be opt in only. But you have to wonder what they're thinking if they flat out tell you to go after other players. It's just inviting conflict. Maybe they should tweak it so the objective applies to NPCs. I can think of a few I'd like to see explode.

It's similar to the Gree event achievements that encourage people to kill those holding the orb. Though granted that does have the excuse of actually be specifically in a PVP area. But yeah, basically they seem to have no problem encouraging players to make life difficult for each other.

On the other hand, I think the cures are available at any medical droid. And if you do a few of the event quests to get your rep up you can buy an item that basically gives you unlimited cures.

I do really like the idea of being able to join Thorn and hunt down infected players though :D Make it tied to the higher levels of Thorn rep and so that say... Stage 1 you can just inject them with the cure (because it's easy to get accidentally infected), but later stages you have to kill on sight maybe.

I haven't played for very long. Still clueless about most things. I saw the link on launcher for Rakghoul outbreak on Alderaan. Figured way too high for me, so I'll leave well alone. I goes to the fleet as part of a quest, get infected, made all the cleaning droids very upset by barfing everywhere, then I died.

So, I just revive, and carry on playing. No moaning. Just me all by myself running around hopelessly.

Edited by Khiliana