Which companion would you ditch?

NoahRedden

Ashara.

I really don't know what the developers were thinking with her, but she's just irritating to have around as an evil Inquisitor. Not only are you unable to turn her, but the game assumes you're a light side Sith trying to change the Empire during your conversations. It's baffling that they wouldn't just make her like Jaesa with light and dark versions of her. What's odd is that she behaves just like light side Jaesa, as if it was originally intended for her to have a dark counterpart.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the companions Bioware brought back.

The great majority where the least popular from their respective squads. I don't dislike Broonmark or Yuun, but how many would actually choose them as their single favorite character from their respective squad? Very few, if any, I'd wager.

Bioware saved the most popular squadmates for last, with a couple exceptions, probably to milk subscriptions for all they were worth. They knew people were staying subscribed for the chapters when they're favorite characters would return. KOTFE didn't do as well as expected however, so plans for KOTET's content likely changed and past promises about bringing back all companions were forgotten.

Meanwhile fan favorites like Kira, Scourge, Nadia, Malavai Quinn, Elara Dorne, Vector, ect. are stuck in limbo, and may not ever be brought back.

In retrospect all the fan favorites should have been brought back in KOTFE. If the trade off was that Yuun, Broonmark, Skadge, and Xalek weren't brought back, hardly anyone would be disappointed. Or at least, not as disappointed.

This is the list for me:

SW-

Quinn- I wanted to kill him since he joined my crew, and I REALLY wanted to kill him after what happened in the story.

SI-

Andronikos- Boring

IA-

Kaliyah- Traitor, skank, psychopath, do I need to say more?

BH-

Skadge- Yes I am beating this dead horse, which I'm certain this freak has done many times.

Mako- Yep, I said it. My least favorite romance option besides Kaliyo.

JK-

Doc- Hated this arrogant jerk.

JC-

Zenith- Boring.

Tharan- Arrogant

T-

Tanno- Horrible model of a soldier

Jorgan- He was a big jerk on Ord Mantell and was only nice later because he was kissing up to the new boss.

SM-

Akaavi- Just bad

Corso- I'll shoot a woman if I want Corso.

Risha- Very little personality.

Ashara.

I really don't know what the developers were thinking with her, but she's just irritating to have around as an evil Inquisitor. Not only are you unable to turn her, but the game assumes you're a light side Sith trying to change the Empire during your conversations. It's baffling that they wouldn't just make her like Jaesa with light and dark versions of her. What's odd is that she behaves just like light side Jaesa, as if it was originally intended for her to have a dark counterpart.

Yeah, its obvious Ashara is completely unfinished. Terrible.

But if you play DS female, it's pretty easy to pretend that your inq just finds her hilarious and is encouraging her as a mean joke. She's not my Sith's apprentice, she's entertainment. My Inq and Andronikos get a good kick out of her confusion.

I've never tried to romance her as ds thought, that would be totally twisted.

I haven't played my Warriors beyond Tatooine/Alderaan, and on my main, I try to get every companion I can. But when I got the Broonmark mission and I selected the option that basically said, "I get it, you're insane, but would you just cool it a bit so we can talk", it went, "blood kill kill blood" and attacked me. I guess the writers kind of embraced the various companions' personalities instead of having them be too malleable to player choices. But it's weird that I'll have to be saddled with that thing on the Warrior storyline. Edited by Altus_Esterhazy

I'll do it by class...

JK- Rusk... followed by Doc. I don't like either one.

JC- Tharan and Iresso... it's a tie :/ I don't mind Iresso, he's just... boring. I usually find myself trying to remember which companion I'm getting on Hoth.

Smuggler- Corso. I can't stand him for reasons I don't understand. Think it's the voice.

Trooper- Vik. I HATE HIM. Enough said.

SI- Ashara.

BH- Skadge. I despise him with every fiber of my being. I hate how there's no option to tell him to **** off the ship. My LS honor bound Mando BH would have killed him in a heart beat.

SW- Broonmark. Same as Skadge. I had no option to say no :/

IA- Kaliyo. Just don't like her... more of a liability than anything.

Edited by GabbyMe

Ashara.

I really don't know what the developers were thinking with her, but she's just irritating to have around as an evil Inquisitor. Not only are you unable to turn her, but the game assumes you're a light side Sith trying to change the Empire during your conversations.

Does she really? I haven't gotten that far on my DS Inquisitor. My LS male actually was doing that, but my grey female was like, "What do you mean our mission? What are you talking about?" I thought maybe I'd edged too far into the light side of the spectrum when she said that. It is kinda broken if she says that even if you're full dark.

Yeah, its obvious Ashara is completely unfinished. Terrible.

But if you play DS female, it's pretty easy to pretend that your inq just finds her hilarious and is encouraging her as a mean joke. She's not my Sith's apprentice, she's entertainment. My Inq and Andronikos get a good kick out of her confusion.

I've never tried to romance her as ds thought, that would be totally twisted.

I did romance her as DS inquisitor. Is like you are lying to her face and she belives every ******** you say.

She is a total bimbo. The problem is like some parts are too cheese for my taste.

Now i'm in a romance with Lana. She does feels like the perfect partner for a DS inq. Acina too but i think she is not perpetual (haven't finished ET yet).

I did romance her as DS inquisitor. Is like you are lying to her face and she belives every ******** you say.

She is a total bimbo. The problem is like some parts are too cheese for my taste.

Now i'm in a romance with Lana. She does feels like the perfect partner for a DS inq. Acina too but i think she is not perpetual (haven't finished ET yet).

I loved that aspect of the original storyline. It's just vile if you pick the right options. She's naïve and lost, and this nasty bigtime Sith guy is just taking advantage of her. It's even better with dark side corruption making the SI look like a week-old corpse as he pretends to be her Prince Charming. :rak_03:

Lana and the SI are a perfect match obviously, but a strategic marriage with Acina would basically result in the two of them ruling half the galaxy, which any proper Sith would dump Lana for.

By class:

SW--Broonmark (sorry Broonie, but I had to pick one.)

SI--Ashara (go away Jedi wannabee)

BH--Skadge (yuck.)

IA--Kaliyo (sayonara bish. Funny, I trust the droid that threatens me with death daily more than you.)

JK--Rusk (no one will miss you.)

JC--Iresso. (Beat it. You're boring. Even more boring than the lizard dude.)

Trooper--(bye bye Dorne. You irritate me beyond all reason. I think there's a regulation about that. Go find it.)

Smug--(later Akaavi...just not into the whole Mandalorian thing. Here, take Torian with you. Be happy.)

I agree with most of Luna's choices, but I'd change a few...

1. SW - Broonmark & Quinn going out the nearest airlock

2. I killed Xalek first chance I got. I play my main Inquisitor LS so she actually fits with him. While she was annoying as hell on my DS play thru because she couldn't be turned, on my LS character she's cool.

3. I'd keep Dorne and space Vick...

4. My smuggler would keep em all. I actually like his entire squad.

Jedi Consular: Qyzen, Tharan.

Smuggler: Bowdaar

Sith Inquisitor: Ashara. I wish if I could turn her similar to Jaesa.

Sith Warrior: Broonmark & LS Jaesa. Liked how missed up Jaesa gets as DS but LS is a little cringy.

Faction wide: 2V-R8 & C2-N2, I like to do class stories and they become annoying from all the repeated dialogue no matter class or alignments.

Edited by LastBrood

yeah Pretty much what everyone above said:

SW- Dark Jaesa is out, mostly because I have full LS SW's and she lacks any sense of Sith discipline on my sole DS SW.

Quinn - Well cause we all know why. LS or DS tossing him in the Saralac Pit is too good for him.

Broonmark - Kill, Kill, Kill doesn't quite lead to a long life especially for Sith warriors. Kill him first.

SI- Umm I'd keep Khem with his original voice and not his repossessed version. Everyone else? out the airlock.

BH: My female BH would get rid of Gault, he really rubs her the wrong way. I grew to like the character on my male BH so he'd keep him. Skadge would never have joined the crew given a choice so he's gone for the one who's had the encounter. Torian? meh .. don't care one way or another.

IA: Kaliyo, Vector and the droid would never leave alive or even alive in carbonite. In fact I had an IA who did get rid of Kaliyo in KoTFE. "Clean up this mess." best line in any chapter.

JC: I'd keep Qyzen and Nadia, the rest can take a hike.

JK: Kira and Scourge are Ok. T7 would have a restraining bolt installed and is in desperate need of a memory wipe. the rest? "Aloha."

Trooper: I started out really disliking the Vik storyline. By the time I got to KOTFE though he'd grown on me. Vik and Dorne stay (cause she's funny being so rigidly formal). The rest get sentenced to KOTFE Twilight Zone: an infinite loop of Skytroopers to fight. Bye.

Smuggler: keep the Wookie. Duh. Trade the rest in on another HK-55 purple helmet. :p

Edited by Keta

She does feels like the perfect partner for a DS inq. Acina too but i think she is not perpetual (haven't finished ET yet).

I disagree. Lana has no bite (at least from KOTFE onwards). Even with yellow eyes she needs to wear an "I am a Sith" T-shirt or else we'd be forgiven for not remembering she is one. There's putting on a show Palpatine-style and then there's just being legitimately nice. Lana perplexingly is the latter. Acina on the other hand is ridiculously alluring...

Anyway back to the topic. Some wrong, wrong people on this thread.:cool: Here's the right answers, in character why not?

JK- T7 and Kira are going nowhere. Kira is his apprentice and life mate. T7 was lent to the Alliance but now that that's over it's time to come back to where he belongs. And now that the Emperor is finally gone, there's no sense in letting Scourge run around since any incentive for him to behave died with his former master. So it's a stasis cell below the temple for him. I don't think he'll go quietly though so death is regrettably more likely. Doc can also take an extended leave and come back when he's voiced by Bruce Campbell (seriously, I can't be the only one who sees the influence). He's the Autolycus to the Knight's Hercules and anyone who knows what I'm talking about knows that while they can make a good team there's no way in hell either would survive being stuck together for more than a caper or two. Rusk is hereby recommended for a transfer to Havoc squad or any Special Forces unit where his skills will actually be useful.

JC- Wouldn't dream of ever separating him from Nadia. And the good Dr. Cedrax is certainly a keen and entertaining mind not to be done without (and Holiday's not bad on the eyes either). Iresso, like Rusk is recommended to some (any) military outfit where he'll do more than hold up a bulkhead. Zenith and Qyzen are free to come and go and no one would question if they did only the latter.

Smuggler: Like he'd ever give up marrying a princess/soon to be queen who's also wicked good with engines and a sniper! Or like he'd dare! Risha doesn't take kindly to competition it seems. Corso and Bowdaar are good for manual labor, and Guss Tuno for a laugh. Mandalorians make him edgy though, so he'd try and trade Akaavi to the BH for Blizz (which would fail) for Mako (which would fail at gunpoint) and finally for Gault which both parties would agree it's best the BH just owe him one (like a free hit or more likely a bit of a head start when someone finally places a bounty on him) and just call it a day.

Trooper: Fine with his team, they're a well oiled machine. Unless sacrificing them got him Jaxo back. In which case, whoosh (that was the airlock btw).

SW: Anyone that's not Vette can be, literally anywhere else. Except Quinn, who can take a leisurely tour of Dromund Kaas' orbit before heading for its sun- naked and severely pre-tortured of course. The SW is more Warrior than Sith so now that he's turned a dark side Hot Topic employee, he doesn't really know what to do with her. Time for a self-directed distance training regiment. He's more of a doer than a teacher anyway. Pierce and Broonmark can go terrorize insurgents/anybody on their own time.

SI: Xalek is his broprentice, it's an excellent contrast. Ultimate snark meets deafening silence. Definite respect was won when he snubbed Harkun. Like master like apprentice. Only where the SI let Harkun live as an amusement I don't think Xalek was be as merciful. Khem Val is obviously too useful to ever let go of, but I don't think ol' Nox wants to stop trolling Zash either. I think he'll keep that mind prison around and toy with it for a long, long time. Talos Drellik is also surprisingly pleasant and entertaining company and Nox finds talking ancient Sith history with him way more engaging than he would've thought. Even ghost-eating megalomaniacs need hobbies right? Finally we have the deluded Jedi girl who's embarrassed him long enough. Either she gives in and/or realizes where her true allegiances lie or his amusements with her with take a decidedly unpleasant turn. Maybe she'll even switch places with Zash in the mind prison. At least Zash knows how to be pleasing and interesting.

BH- Anyone messes with Mako or Blizz, they die. No exceptions. Skadge is immediately fired out of the first available mass accelerator. Once he's sure Gault has been squeezed for all he's worth, he's quietly disintegrated. Nothing personal, but the BH never leaves a job unfinished. Bad for business. And Gault's hasn't exactly been keeping a low profile. Torian died a good Mando death, nothing more needs be said.

Agent- Against all odds Vector the Joiner is not only her lover but her only real friend and the only one she can really trust. Plus she loves it when he "does something Kilik-y". Dr Lokin is also a respected colleague and while she'd never trust him, she'd tip her hat (if she was wearing one) to her fellow professional spook and his invaluable skills (and condition). SCORPIO, as others have pointed out is refreshingly blunt in her threats and objectives and she'll be damned if she's not curious what the evolving machine will do next. She looked on with fascinated approval at the AI's skilled machinations during the Zakuul crisis and is genuinely glad she found home and freedom. If she has to take on a droid uprising tomorrow she'll deal with it then. At least it'll give those uppity Sith some pause. Temple gets a quick shot in the.. well, temple. Despite years serving with the Chiss she's still brainwashed with Sith Kool-Aid and has shown utter inflexibility and lack of the necessary ingenuity and yes, rule bending/breaking a true clandestine operative requires. Better to end her now, than deal with a larger problem later. Now Kaliyo is an interesting case. So many ways to give her a taste of her own medicine. A simple knife in the back? An elaborate poison ruse? Whatever the plan, it should involve some past flame or even multiple ones, or failing that, whatever the current object of her affections is. I mean sure you can just shoot her, but why not be creative and karmic? I think she'd appreciate an interesting setup over a boring old assassination.

Edited by CrutchCricket

And don't really care for all the Star Fortress ones either, meh.

Honest question since I've not done anything Star Fortress, but is there anything story/background with the Fortress companions? From what little I've read around, it seems like they're just mostly blank slates to provide companions to fill in the missing spaces from the class companions.

Any of the non-romanceable characters to be honest. I would simply recommend not ditching any that can be romanced due to pissing off someone by doing so. (Don't touch my boys! )

Aric, Theron, Torian, Vector, Quinn, Doc and Andron are some of my fav romances... they need to come back! ( well those that aren't already ).

When it comes to class companions it's a pretty small list: Skadge, Broonmark, Xalek, Quinn, Pierce, and Vector

For my LS inquisitor I personally want a chance at killing/imprisoning the whichever version of Khem remains as it didn't make sense to keep or let him or Khem Zash go free.

I wouldn't ditch most characters though I could have done with a lot less Lana. She felt forcefully glued to my character ever since the first meeting with her. I get that she plays a big role in KOTFE and KOTET but honestly at this point I'm hoping that we can minimize her presence if not have some sort of Lana vs. Theron decision where we have to kill or anger one of them so much that they leave believing that there is no point in staying now that the main threat is gone (and hopefully Koth will go with Lana as well).

Edited by EtherealSlasher

Doc can also take an extended leave and come back when he's voiced by Bruce Campbell (seriously, I can't be the only one who sees the influence).

I do hate Doc. He started well in the introduction story, but after he actually joins it becomes something that does not match at all with my LS Jedi. Now, voiced by Bruce Campbell could have made things more interestings.

Mako. Hands down the most annoying companion to me. You spend the entire time she's with you listening to her whine, complain and just overall needy behavior. Look, kid, I'm a bounty hunter. You knew that when you signed on with me. Quit whining and complaining every time I do my job. Gah. I just want to mule-kick her out of an airlock. :D

If I had to pick a second, it'd probably be Ashara Zavros. 'Don't make me go against my teachings." Ugh.... *slap*

Assuming only one companion per squad wouldn't be brought back, this would be my ditch list...

1. Jedi Knight - Rusk. I kind of like Rusk, but he is neither a LI or a companion that makes a lot of sense to return from a story perspective, like Kira (who is also a LI), Scourge, and T7.

2. Jedi Consular - Tharan Cedrax. He's more interesting than Felix, but since he's not a full LI he should sit the bench before Iresso. Also Tharan is ultimately selfish, and I think it makes more sense for him to sit out the war with Zakuul than characters who have a strong personal connection to the Consular, like Qyzen, Nadia, and Iresso. Zenith doesn't have much of a personal connection with the Consular either, but he's much more patriotic. He'd make more sense to return than Tharan.

3. Smuggler - Guss. I like Guss, but three of the companions are potential LIs and you can't have Bowdaar sidelined. It would also be somewhat in character for Guss to find someplace to hide, since he's kind of a coward anyway.

4. Trooper - Tanno Vik. Selfish, plus the original VA unfortunately passed away.

5. Sith Warrior - Broonmark. He didn't have a lot of content in the base game, and he isn't one of the LIs (thank the Force!), so there is really no justification for bringing him back before any of the other four.

6. Sith Inquisitor - Talos Drellik. I like Drellik, but he's not one of the LIs and Xalek makes more sense to return, as one of the Sith Warrior's apprentices.

7. Bounty Hunter - Skadge. Unlike a lot of players I've never hated Skadge, and found his brutish stupidity amusing (particularly when the Bounty Hunter mocks it), but he makes the least sense to return out of the Bounty Hunter's companions. He's a selfish thug. While Gault Rennow is selfish as well, he's much more amusing and more of a fan favorite.

8. Imperial Agent - Dr. Lokin. Honestly I'd rather drop Temple, as she's probably the most boring companion character in the game, but that would not be fair to any players who had her as their Agent's LI. Scorpio is so heavily involved in the plot of KOTFE and KOTET that she makes much more sense to keep than Lokin.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Aric - He is a whiny, entitled bastard that thinks he knows better then everyone else. Can't stand him. I've tried getting rid of him but I can't, he just keeps showing back up at my door like the mangy cat he is looking for another handout.

Aric - He is a whiny, entitled bastard that thinks he knows better then everyone else. Can't stand him. I've tried getting rid of him but I can't, he just keeps showing back up at my door like the mangy cat he is looking for another handout.

:eek: None of these words belong together! How could you?! I love Aric!

Though he can be killed in the KOFTE storyline which I did on my superdark sorceror because "role play" and have been traumatised ever since

I do not need Guss, Broonmark (he still isn't a rug even though we can off him), Skadge, annoying whiny-voiced females including Vette (I hate her most), Ashara, Nadia (I can live with Mako as she has an interesting, though unfinished, story), T7-01 (I hate his metal ***) and Akaavi Spar (don't see the point of her). Also now that KOTFE/KOTET is over Lord Scourge can go too (sorry fellow ladies who want him as a romance) but the missed opportunity makes him pretty pointless now. I also don't need any of my Star Fortress companions. Next to Vette my most hated companion is Z0 0M :mad:. Terrible. No gifts for her and I need the option to melt her down. Oh and Bowdaar is pretty annoying so I want the option for him and Qyzen to fight to the death since Qyzen would win. And M1-4X is totally deluded (but I can live with him).