KOTFE Story and Companions

CharlesBoyd

After an afternoon running FA on a couple of toons, I've decided the one thing I really really want out of this expansion? a fix for dyed companion gear in cutscenes. I've put a lot of effort into getting each companion looking how I want and every single cutscene that work is just mocked :mad:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hope they keep it a personal experience. I know people want to play with others, but when it comes to MY character, I only want MY choices to matter. If they want to come along, fine, but I want them to be an observer like they were in the 1-50 instances. I DO NOT want some turd making a choice and screwing up how I RP my toon. I won't stand for that. Personal stories, companions, things that change the world around me are MINE. Not my husband, father, priest or whoever. It's MY toon, MY decisions, not everyone rolls and let's see what happens. If I want that, I'll go do flashpoints.

Makes me wonder how many guys are going to choose an all female team (assuming you can) and be the only male on the ship.

It will be:

5% guys with an all female crew

5% REAL females with an all female crew

5% REAL females with an all male crew

5% guys with an all male crew

and 80% guys playing female characters with an all female crew in hopes of pixelated lesbian action to be "entertained" by :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

It will be:

5% REAL females with a all female crew

and 80% guys playing female characters with an all female crew in hopes of pixelated lesbian action to be "entertained" by :p

Sounds about right. Probably higher than 80% tbh. :D

I actually hope they keep it a personal experience. I know people want to play with others, but when it comes to MY character, I only want MY choices to matter. If they want to come along, fine, but I want them to be an observer like they were in the 1-50 instances. I DO NOT want some turd making a choice and screwing up how I RP my toon. I won't stand for that. Personal stories, companions, things that change the world around me are MINE. Not my husband, father, priest or whoever. It's MY toon, MY decisions, not everyone rolls and let's see what happens. If I want that, I'll go do flashpoints.

We are asking for an option for some of us that want to do this. They gave an option in the 12xp I do not see why we have to suffer doing it twice, because some people like you don't understand that some of us want an option. Is it okay for you to have everything you want but others like me and people I know not to have an option to be able to group and share the mission?

I frankly could care less about what companion I have but I understand that people like their companions and get all crazy over an NPC companion but yet when it comes to having an option for us to group with others and share the mission, people like you don't understand we would like an option. Can you stop looking at what only you want for a change and see we are only asking for an option.

It will be:

5% REAL females with an all female crew

What about the ladies, like me, that don't really care what gender her crew is, only that they will have the crafting bonuses I need for my crafting.

I was trying to represent everyone but your probably right ^_~

I predict that 99.99% of all aliens in the games will be played by humans, hoping for some hot interspecies action.

The other 0.01% will be played by cats. Because what else are they going to do when their SWTOR-playing humans are out at work?

Sounds about right. Probably higher than 80% tbh. :D

What about the ladies, like me, that don't really care what gender her crew is, only that they will have the crafting bonuses I need for my crafting.

Ok, ok, revised:

It will be:

1% guys with an all female crew

1% REAL females with an all female crew

1% REAL females with an all male crew

1% guys with an all male crew

1% players who only care about crafting bonus

and 95% guys playing female characters with an all female crew in hopes of pixelated lesbian action to be "entertained" by :p

:D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Hmm...

For my Agent, I guess I'd trade SCORPIO for Lana, and that's about it... I really like the Agent's team in general, though maybe trading Kaliyo for someone would be an idea.

For my Sith Warrior: OUT WITH THE QUINN, and maybe get Kira... I like Kira... and maybe trade Broonmark for someone who speaks Galactic basic.

For my Inquisitor: Out with pretty much EVERYONE.

For my Bounty Hunter: Out with the Skadge, in with anyone else!

For my Trooper: Out with... well, Vik. I mean, I'm sad about his voice actor, but that's part of the reason he has to go.

Don't come up in here bringing sound logic. These are forums, the lands of scum and villainy!

Ok, ok, revised:

It will be:

and 95% guys playing female characters with an all female crew in hopes of pixelated lesbian action to be "entertained" by :p

Wait so less than 3% of the players in this game are female IRL?

Ok, ok, revised:

It will be:

You forgot about the 0.01% cats.

Im still just happy I can finally get rid of Quinn, that stuck up **********************, but yeah will be cool, that way you can set up so you don't just run around with 1 companion and the rest are on the sidelines, although I will still be all for HK-51 100% of the time..

Ok, ok, revised:

It will be:

Thank you.

Errr... Charles?

Does this mean Ensign Temple knows that the Agent sort of did it with Theron? He was sort of experimenting, like he did with Cytherat, and he flirts with Lana sometimes...

Am I a little bit in trouble with her now?

On another note, PLEASE tell me they keep the customizations you give them when they come back. PLEASE. I would be a little confused when I realise "Oh wait, that's what he actually looks like, ha!" when they turn up.

Also, OUT WITH THE SCORPIO! Now no longer need to fear something that's on my crew... besides Kaliyo while drunk!

On another note, PLEASE tell me they keep the customizations you give them when they come back. PLEASE. I would be a little confused when I realise "Oh wait, that's what he actually looks like, ha!" when they turn up.

It would be annoying and rather jarring if when we "reunite" with companions -- but have not (yet?) recruited them -- they have the default customization instead of the one we gave them. Outfits, sure, I can understand if they change their clothes while we are in carbonite for years. :p But my Vette has been a nice peachy color since, oh, level 11. She's not blue. ^_~

Edited by Gwena

We are asking for an option for some of us that want to do this. They gave an option in the 12xp I do not see why we have to suffer doing it twice, because some people like you don't understand that some of us want an option. Is it okay for you to have everything you want but others like me and people I know not to have an option to be able to group and share the mission?

I frankly could care less about what companion I have but I understand that people like their companions and get all crazy over an NPC companion but yet when it comes to having an option for us to group with others and share the mission, people like you don't understand we would like an option. Can you stop looking at what only you want for a change and see we are only asking for an option.

If it's optional sure, if it's not and i have to bring people, then NO. Not all of us like playing with others, well cept playing with my husband, I don't mind doing it twice for him.

As I said, long as it's an optional thing, I'm fine with it. And no need to get all snippy with me.

If it's optional sure, if it's not and i have to bring people, then NO. Not all of us like playing with others, well cept playing with my husband, I don't mind doing it twice for him.

As I said, long as it's an optional thing, I'm fine with it. And no need to get all snippy with me.

Since when in this game do you have to bring someone? Grouping has always been an option. I don't think that has changed.

Yes you may not want someone else to play with but there are people I know, myself included, that prefer playing with our boyfriend, etc. and like to be able to share the mission. What they did in Yavin and Ziost they actually forced us to redo the missions twice when we grouped.

Some people I have talked to feel like they have been forced to solo Yavin, Rishi, Ziost and that is not what they want. They have as much of a right to be able to group and hopefully do the mission once, if they want, as someone else does in doing the mission solo.

This is what some of us want, the option to do the missions like we were able to do in Makeb. No one wants forced grouping, but also be able to do the mission once for some of us is what we would like, instead of running the missions twice.

Since when in this game do you have to bring someone? Grouping has always been an option. I don't think that has changed.

The way it sounded, some people wanted it to be like a flashpoint or Heroic 2 where it's harder to solo then to group. If it's the way Makeb was, then I'm all for that. I did find the whole Yavin solo thing a bit strange. I didn't realize it was solo only until I went to help out my husband with his.

The way it sounded, some people wanted it to be like a flashpoint or Heroic 2 where it's harder to solo then to group. If it's the way Makeb was, then I'm all for that. I did find the whole Yavin solo thing a bit strange. I didn't realize it was solo only until I went to help out my husband with his.

No, I think it might have been misstated but most just want to be able to group and do the missions together, instead of doing them twice. That gets old fairly quickly, especially if you have more than one character, and boring.

Since when in this game do you have to bring someone?

The Heroic 4 in Section X. Pre-level cap increases Battle of Ilum/False Emperor weren't exactly possible to complete solo at level 50. Colicoid War Games. OPS. Many of the bonus objectives in flashpoints can't be completed solo.

The Heroic 4 in Section X. Pre-level cap increases Battle of Ilum/False Emperor weren't exactly possible to complete solo at level 50. Colicoid War Games. OPS. Many of the bonus objectives in flashpoints can't be completed solo.

We are talking about normal missions, such as in planet mission, not flashpoints. Those are expected to have groups but even those you don't have to do twice, as we had to do with Yavin, Rishi and Ziost when in a group and all the missions were the same. There was no difference in the mission whether you were a smuggler or a agent. The missions were all the same. The problem with Yavin and those new ones, they essentially force you to do the mission twice if you like to group with someone and for some of us that is the way we like to play, and we would would like the missions to be like they were in Makeb where we don't have to do it twice or at least give us an option to be able to share the mission, in case someone else wants to be in a group but wants a different way of doing the missions.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

"Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see "

Several people in this tread seem to be really concerned about getting THEIR companions back... think about this carefully. This statement implies that companions might be mixed and matched between classes. You may be able to recruit companions from a different class-line. (ie: maybe Sith Warrior recruits Mako)

I have been taliing to several people who also seems to be making this connection.

There are also other instances where it has been implied that some classes will be able to recruit characters that they have never met before. I am thinking this will mean that there will be some kind of selection process, or certain companions will be made available depending on your light/dark side status and class.

"You are able to recruit help and additional companions from an expanded cast, including companions who were previously exclusive to other classes."

See more info here:

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/15/swtor-knights-of-fallen-empire-official-expansion-info/

EDIT:

Some highlights from the article...

-Five new companions will be available, with very different allegiances

-You are able to recruit help and additional companions from an expanded cast, including companions who were previously exclusive to other classes.

-To recruit help, you will need to travel around the galaxy and do missions to make yourself favorable to them.”If you want to recruit a character who’s favorable to the Mandalorians, you’ll be able to do missions for them. You want to recruit a character who hates the Hutts, you’ll do missions to build your alliance standing against them."

-Still a MMO, just very streamlined.

-We are still doing flashpoints, operations, raids bosses, and pvp but it is all about story this year.

Edited by Scorpiova