KOTFE Story and Companions

CharlesBoyd

The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.

-sees "romances you've pursued" and spits out tea-

It's a damn shame the Sith Inquistor's companions are mostly men & a robot, plus something named Ashara. Come to think of it my toon may have "married" her way back when I was maxing out companion quests for the 10 legacy presence. I need a divorce and some compromising photos as reasons.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have is one simple request...

Please, please, please...

LET ME KILL QUINN!!!! His betrayal and forgiveness never ever set well with me and I tried every option to kill him before realizing it wasn't an option.

That is all and thank you! :)

lol yeah, please this so much. I can only imagine the threads complaining about this.

lol yeah, please this so much. I can only imagine the threads complaining about this.

I was still disappointed that you weren't able to kill him on the spot. Especially if you're a cruel, heartless DS ******. Why would you suffer him to live in the first place?

EDIT:

Has anyone asked whether all the class and companion voice actors are returning? One of the things that concern me is that they'll be downsizing in that department to streamline things.

All of the companions are now voiced by Gilbert Gottfried. All of them.

Edited by tmwfte

Has anyone asked whether all the class and companion voice actors are returning? One of the things that concern me is that they'll be downsizing in that department to streamline things.

I can only imagine the companion characters will be voiced, but in a worst case scenario it's possible they'd re-cast the voice actors if old ones are too expensive, or simply not returning to reprise the role...So while that would be a bit disconcerting it's better than them not having voices...Which I don't really see how that would work, especially for the romance companions.

I was still disappointed that you weren't able to kill him on the spot. Especially if you're a cruel, heartless DS ******. Why would you suffer him to live in the first place?

EDIT:

Because in beta, you could kill companions... and then people cried about having no healer on SW when they did.

Well Kaliyo voice actress tweeted something within the past couple months about it. Not sure about others.

Tanna Vikk's voice actor is dead so..

Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much y’all care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. I’m here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions I’ve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that it’s always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I won’t be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things y’all have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, let’s see if we can’t at least clarify a couple of things now:

• The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: there’s a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and we’re not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see :) Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.

The answers to those questions, that you consider "spoilers", like "is this a one-way phased event for any character who goes through it?" and "do we get back our companions we've worked hard to max out and equip, and in some cases that we genuinely like as characters?" and so on?

Yeah, those answers are the dividing line on whether or not some of us bother to take any of our characters into RotFE at all, or just keep doing what we've been doing, or walk away from the game entirely.

First off, thanks for the new info, and I really am interested in seeing where this new story goes!

That said, in the RP community I'm a part of (and I figure this is mirrored with a lot of others who are really into the RP scene), there's this real worry about the time skip. One has been confirmed as part of an IGN interview with your producer, and time skips are a... difficult thing to weave into RP stories, especially if they're significant time jumps.

If its a few months of a time skip, then that's fairly easy to deal with. But if it gets into years, or even decades, then there's the question of what happened to our RP characters, because it'd be silly to have them ALL get frozen in carbonite or what have you.

The longer the time jump, the more has to be done. We'll need to wrap up our current plots, figure out where they'll be in the world of the new content and what they were up to in the interim years. There's great potential for it, no question, but just knowing how much of a time skip we're looking at would be enormously helpful when it comes to figuring out how we're going to handle it.

Thanks.

I don't really RP enough to consider myself an RPer, but I do write fan-fiction so I share your concerns. Personally I'd just like the BW team to give us updates on when we're playing with each new story update. Tis frustrating not having any idea how much time has passed since the last major event to the next one.

lol. :)

Well Kaliyo voice actress tweeted something within the past couple months about it. Not sure about others.

Tanna Vikk's voice actor is dead so..

Aw, that's sad.

I recall Charles was tweeting about recording sessions with new and old VA back in March, I assume it was for this. I just want to know if my character is still going to talk and sound the same. :) Because there's never a guarantee with that forever.

Edited by chuixupu

Lots of dynamics are spoken from bioware adverts. Is there any changes in the companion AI system, so they will act a bit more dynamic even if we complete all the companion quests? Or they will end up like frozen decorations again.

There is many things I would love to ask, mostly because the fallen empire was a surprise and we expected other things instead.

1) new monthly events, random daily events in sw world?

2) pvp. conquest

3) seeker druid was fantastic and abandoned... (only few quest reminds us its existence).

4) game issues, like servers... Many times we heard (servers cannot hold that and this and that...)

any updates for these?

Edited by Oyranos

lol. :)

I'm now going to find it hard not to picture him doing the lines for other playthroughs for awhile. Romancing any female (or male for that matter) is going to be awkward for a bit until I get Gottfried's voice out of my head. ;)

Wow did he ever age. :eek:

Well...to be fair, they still haven't said exactly how long we were frozen. :p

EDIT:

Quinn ruined my Warrior... she was a LS Warrior too... until that moment... then it was kill/murder everyone else for all content beyond that....

Quinn ruined my Warrior... she was a LS Warrior too... until that moment... then it was kill/murder everyone else for all content beyond that....

At least if you're forcing us to keep him alive for game mechanics reasons, allow us to throw him into some sort of torture device while he's on our ship. I didn't want him on the bridge, all weaselly and snivelling, any more. ;)

Lots of dynamics are spoken from bioware adverts. Is there any changes in the companion AI system, so they will act a bit more dynamic even if we complete all the companion quests? Or they will end up like frozen decorations again.

^This. As hot and sexy as Quinn and Doc are, I don't want them standing there staring blankly off into space.

Edited by Eanelinea

It took a few years, but SWTOR is finally shaping up to be the game it deserves to be. I've been on and off with SWTOR since beta, but this newest phase has me eagerly resubbing until release. Here's hoping it's even half of what our fevered, nerdgasming imaginations are weaving together :D

who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Aren’t they both actually Jadus, who’s secretly Kephess, who’s actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabal’s secret war against the Shroud?

I thought this had already been confirmed... :p

Are we going to have fidelity discussions if we engaged in extramartial romances? If so, it's going to be awkward since, well... it's been a while since we've had romantic interactions with our spouses...

Man this thread definitely convinced me to stay on the path of leveling at least one of each class. I guess one of my questions would be will decisions from only the class story carry on or all of the side quests and general planet stories. If so....man that's a lot of re-playability.