KOTFE Story and Companions

CharlesBoyd

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not though? Why risk angering the players, which undoubtedly this would do? I could be wrong, but every time I start thinking about this, I come back to the same conclusion...that forcing people to abandon companions would be a very unpopular thing to do. Crafting, affection, customizations, heck even just sentimentality - there is simply too much tied to companions to rewrite the whole system and throw it out the window.

I suspect what will happen is:

a) We will get the option to have all old companions back, plus some new ones. There doesn't need to be a limit on how many you have really, does there? Just how many can send out for crafting.

b) They will pick an arbitrary limit and require you to choose a companion(s) to give up in order to take on a new one.

I hope you are right! When push comes to shove, I'm not sure I will even be able to jettison Kaliyo and Skadge. I'm hoping for a, but b seems more likely. Luckily I have lots and lots of alts to play around with!

I'm just wondering how much the 1-50 class missions will change, or if they're simply being made for a quicker run-through. I'm taking advantage of the current XP boost and leveling everyone up, but if the story itself is becoming different, I don't want to miss out.

I'm just wondering how much the 1-50 class missions will change, or if they're simply being made for a quicker run-through. I'm taking advantage of the current XP boost and leveling everyone up, but if the story itself is becoming different, I don't want to miss out.

Maybe General Garza and Satele Shan will learn how to use holocoms, lol. No more returning to Tython/Coruscant every ten minutes.

Honest to God... the companion part is the most worrisome. I say this as a DIEHARD Mass Effect and Dragon Age fan, but if ANY of my SWTOR waifu's aren't back in my party... it honestly might be my breaking point. I know, I know, "HAVE FAITH!"

I did have faith... and Miranda, Jacob, Thane, Jack-.... their handling has my faith when it comes to companions fairly lacking after ME3, and that was just ONE story... D:

I'll stay subbed until the KotFE comes out, but honestly, I do worry about my interest after. I JUST WANT TO BE WRONG IN MY WORRY!!! :o

Either way, I think the most likely outcome, based on past experiences, and the Bioware team blatantly dodging the more 'important' questions, will be that companions X and B and L and N are going to be recruitable to their true classes, C and Y to all (including original), and F, S, J, A, etc will be nothing more than cameos or NPCs. Which means that those of us who are attached to our stories are likely to be disappointed. :(

There have been questions regarding this, and they have yet to answer this, as of yet. I do hope they do give us that option as a lot of people I know, myself included, play with boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, family members and friends and the way it was done in Yavin and Ziost was not something that we liked.

Giving some of us an option would be nice, but will they or will they even answer this question is another question in itself.

Maybe it'll require a new topic.

I just feel they need to at least show they are aware so we know the developers won't realize too late we are hoping for that option. Wouldn't mean we would get it, cause they probably think it's too hard with the consequences for choices, but that's why I already suggested having people activate the option in their settings to avoid that kind of whining.

May make a separate topic very late tonight or tomorrow, probably the latter, if no one else does it first. Do want to give a 3 or 4 player party example of how it would work.

Would just be really nice if it was actually multiplayer story optional instead of forced single player.

It will be: ... and 80% guys playing female characters with an all female crew in hopes of pixelated lesbian action to be "entertained" by :p

A quick google search shows that estimates of female gamers are anywhere to 45-52% of the game buying / playing public. Some games may skew those numbers, but I doubt this game does. A lot of women, like me, just don't say anything about IRL gender when we're in the game, even if we're playing a female toon. Being treated like a bro is AWESOME. Totally different experience. So you may think you're playing with a lot of guys, but :D:D:D

On the topic of the thread, does anyone else get the feeling that they're going for a very DA feel for the xpac? I wonder if a lot of our companions won't be companions, just part of a big collection of characters we visit. This could be good or could be bad. If they give us regular "woo breaks" with our favorites, I won't complain, but I would definitely miss adventuring with my preferred sidekicks.

Edited by Xonell

On the topic of the thread, does anyone else get the feeling that they're going for a very DA feel for the xpac? I wonder if a lot of our companions won't be companions, just part of a big collection of characters we visit. This could be good or could be bad. If they give us regular "woo breaks" with our favorites, I won't complain, but I would definitely miss adventuring with my preferred sidekicks.

And this is why I have a really hard time romancing Cullen, even though I'd been planning on it for years. I need my boyfriend/girlfriend by my side experiencing the same things that I do!

How boring it will be if everyone is limited to having the same five companions. I realize that the majority of players only care about stats so they take Treek or HK, but I don't even have either one of them on my account. I like to take along the companion that means the most to my character.

Maybe it'll require a new topic.

I just feel they need to at least show they are aware so we know the developers won't realize too late we are hoping for that option. Wouldn't mean we would get it, cause they probably think it's too hard with the consequences for choices, but that's why I already suggested having people activate the option in their settings to avoid that kind of whining.

May make a separate topic very late tonight or tomorrow, probably the latter, if no one else does it first. Do want to give a 3 or 4 player party example of how it would work.

Would just be really nice if it was actually multiplayer story optional instead of forced single player.

There was a topic regarding this

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=818198

how is this going to affect the companions in our strongholds?

I don't think it will, cause they're decorations...nothing says you can't have an image of them hanging about. It's like a portrait.

Edited by Lunafox

Thanks, I'll just use that thread to say my thing. The thread title doesn't really feel like it wants to invoke discussion to offer ideas for the devs on how to overcome difficulties though, or just how to do it in general. Just a question making it sound like there's only an answer wanted. But no good making a new thread for it because of just that.

Not sure if this has been brought up already. Anyways will I lose companions like Treek, Hk-51 and the new one Nico Okarr when kotfe goes live?

I thought Nico and the other subscriber rewards weren't available until the new xpac drops.

Not sure if this has been brought up already. Anyways will I lose companions like Treek, Hk-51 and the new one Nico Okarr when kotfe goes live?

Nico will be given when early access of expansion launches.

And yes, you will probably have a period of time where you will be unable to summon your companions (there are already instances like this in the game). You will presumably not lose them, but they might be inaccessible until you find them again.

Nico will be given when early access of expansion launches.

And yes, you will probably have a period of time where you will be unable to summon your companions (there are already instances like this in the game). You will presumably not lose them, but they might be inaccessible until you find them again.

I wonder if combat will be different, cause i have tried doing combat without a companion, any companion, i tend to nearly die each time, especially if i face an elite npc, so i am guessing the npcs will be weak versions, but loads of them to make it feel like its difficult..

They can do whatever they want if all they give me in return is letting me put a lightsaber through Quinn's face and toss Skadge out the airlock.

Throwing Skadge out the airlock is too easy. I'd tie him up and let every crew member he insulted beat the sh** out of him then have Blizz charge-toss him into the escape pod (Rigged to blow after ejecting) then I would set him on fire and only then would I eject the pod. And I would probably shoot the debris after the explosions to make sure.

What? Do I hate Skadge? Of course not, I just making experiments on how much punishment a Houk ******e can take before turning into space dust.

Edited by Leklor

I think there might be hints in Rise Of The Emperor

skip to 23 seconds in the video

Also In the same conversation if you pick a different option Vitiate says "I have already cheated death. I have other plans now-as you will see

Hey folks!

[*]The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.

Hmm wonder if this works like Dragon Age where we will become Hawke or some variant, then become the silly Inquiitor MUAHAHAHA Sarcasm off

Okay, so I have a dumb question, and perhaps it has already been asked: Is it possible that those of us who chose to romance/marry a companion for kicks (since it didn't really seem to make any difference at the time) might get an option to discard previous romantic companion options and choose to start over in some way?