Theran Shan?

GorkieX

Not that I know of but feel free to correct me if I've missed something. I might be a little impatient wanting to know more of what's happening with Theron, the next FP is going to be when I assume something will be resolved with Theron, I mean we can only play cat and mouse for so long where we chase him and he gets away again. I just want some confirmation of when we'll be getting anything more story wise, just an announcement to say yeah late Jan or early Feb will do, just tell us something!

I think BW has stated that we'll find out Theron's "grand plan" in the next update, which is slated for "early 2018," which could mean technically any time before June (personally, I'm betting on March or April).

However, they never said that the actual resolution of the story would happen with the next update, only that we'd be made aware of his scheme. I honestly think it might be leading into a new expansion and it will be quite a while before we actually get him back.

Edited by Dracofish

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely. Add to the hints that he is not really betraying us that the writers said it is a matter of trust.

But as always the NPCs/Player characters can only do what was written for them so I am not so hopeful about the dialog options we get when he returns. I think there might be a break up option but I don't even think you can exile or kill him. In this case they have to get rid of Lana too - I think they know people will riot if Theron can be killed and not Lana too.

I am wondering if Lana is in on this - based on her behaviour I think not otherwise she is really playing it well - maybe too well. But being so pragmatic and that the result counts and not the way it is achieved I think she might even end up and approve Therons actions as long as the alliance or the commander benefits from it.

I keep waffling back and forth on my theories about Lana being in on it. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she is. I had waffled back into the "no" camp, but then with Copero, I thought it was mighty interesting that the Commander throws the double agent theory out there and she's all too quick to be like "no, no, no" about it...and then sends that letter after they get Theron's little tip-off...almost to keep steering the Commander in the actual "traitor" path, because she (they) knows that if the Commander starts believing that he's a double-agent, then of course the Commander will want "in" and could potentially "muck" things up.

Edited by Dracofish

It's possible that we might not get him back until the expansion. I hope that Theron doesn't turn into a villain, or be a collaborator (deliberative). Double agent would be nice, or maybe he'll uncover the next expansion's main villain's plans or secret plot that the commander couldn't have ever found out. I feel like I'm grasping at loose straws a little bit.

As long as we get an expansion and not what we got this year again I'll be happy. :p

Yeah, my only concern is that I hope they don't introduce any new/old romances while he's gone...making us do THE CHOICE...only to screw us later if he doesn't come back (which is exactly what they did with Warriors and Quinn).

As long as we get an expansion and not what we got this year again I'll be happy. :p

The only thing that will make me happy at this point is if there's a new actual expansion, we get Theron back, we can change his hair back, and our character can marry him -_-

Yes marriages finally for Theron, Lana and Koth pretty please! :D

First, let me start out by saying that I'm absolutely not singling you out as a person...but would that really make everything better, that it somehow justifies in any way what he did? It's a band-aid...and in my narrow-minded opinion does nothing to make the relationship any more real or complete.

I mean, it's fine and all if they include it...but let's not make it a consolation prize for playing the doormat.

And if they do do marriages, let's do it right, and not throw sad-kicked-puppy-face at a player who doesn't want it. Because not everybody does. Even Andronikos, who I would argue goes entirely out of character and runs around in left field somewhere for the last few conversations of his romance throws sad-kicked-puppy-face at a player who turns his proposal down. It's ludicrous...and never happened in my happy mind. :)

I've been with my "hubs" for over eleven years now, and my relationship with him is no less real because we aren't legally married. We have cars together. We have pets together. We're buying a house together. And he knows that if he were to ask, my answer would be the same tomorrow that it was in the beginning - no.

Edited by Dracofish

Would that really make everything better, that it somehow justifies in any way what he did? It's a band-aid...and in my narrow-minded opinion does nothing to make the relationship any more real or complete.

I mean, it's fine and all if they include it...but let's not make it a consolation prize for playing the doormat.

And if they do do marriages, let's do it right, and not throw sad-kicked-puppy-face at a player who doesn't want it. Because not everybody does. I've been with my "hubs" for over eleven years now, and my relationship with him is no less real because we aren't legally married. We have cars together. We have pets together. We're buying a house together. And he knows that if he were to ask, my answer would be the same tomorrow that it was in the beginning - no.

I'm sure there will be an option not to marry if you don't want to but I do and will do so if given the chance and I don't feel bad about wanting to either.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'm sure they'll be an option not to marry if you don't want to but I do and will do so if given the chance and I don't feel bad about wanting to either.

It's a shame that BioWare has a track record of almost punishing players who turn down proposals. With SWTOR, you either get sad-puppy-face and a major guilt trip, or you lose the romance entirely. With Inquisition, you lose out on story content. So wonderful.

If they did it right, I would take absolutely no issue.

But, I don't see Theron throwing a ring at the Commander as a fix in any way, shape, or form. In fact, if he were to propose to my character at that point, expecting that to pave the road to forgiveness, she might even take further offense at his complete glossing over of his rather heinous transgression...and be tempted to shove the ring right where the sun don't shine... :cool:

It's a shame that BioWare has a track record of almost punishing players who turn down proposals. With SWTOR, you either get sad-puppy-face and a major guilt trip, or you lose the romance entirely. With Inquisition, you lose out on story content. So wonderful.

If they did it right, I would take absolutely no issue.

But, I don't see Theron throwing a ring at the Commander as a fix in any way, shape, or form. In fact, if he were to propose to my character at that point, expecting that to pave the road to forgiveness, she might even take further offense at his complete glossing over of his rather heinous transgression...and be tempted to shove the ring right where the sun don't shine... :cool:

Totally understand you. With Nadia especially for my JC, my JC really wanted to wait as it all felt WAY to rushed but it was either marry me right now (rush, rush, rush) or the relationships over?? :confused:

I totally get where you're coming from in fact my SW will be dumping Theron after this (poor girl, Quinn and Theron, she's going solo from now on). If there is a marriage proposal it will have to come after everyone had a chance to talk it through and have some space for quite some time, build back that trust even if he was the "double agent", as forgiving as some of my characters are doesn't mean it hurts less what he did.

I totally get where you're coming from in fact my SW will be dumping Theron after this (poor girl, Quinn and Theron, she's going solo from now on). If there is a marriage proposal it will have to come after everyone had a chance to talk it through and have some space for quite some time, as forgiving as some of my characters are doesn't mean it hurts less what he did.

I highly doubt Lana, Theron and Koth will get a marriage option anytime soon because all the potential LI's you might already be married to aren't back yet. But they may surprise me and make even woprse story and companion interactions then they do now.

On the dumping comment. One of my poor SW's which I use for my fanfic focus fell for 4 guys now that tried to kill her afterwards: Quinn, Theron and 2 headcanon-only lovers (like Draagh and another I added on a whim). Makes me almost want to throw her at Arcann because "he's got the trying to kill me itch over and done with already lol".

I don't know how all of my characters will react to whatever the outcome to this arc is, I may be pessimistic when it comes to Theron's return (how it's handled/written) but I love the story arc overall lol. It's just.. slow xD the reason I whine about slow is because I was enjoying it.

On the dumping comment. One of my poor SW's which I use for my fanfic focus fell for 4 guys now that tried to kill her afterwards: Quinn, Theron and 2 headcanon-only lovers (like Draagh and another I added on a whim). Makes me almost want to throw her at Arcann because "he's got the trying to kill me itch over and done with already lol".

I thought about putting her with Arcann to because at least he was honest about wanting to kill me, see how it goes. ;)

I watched a video of a Trooper who romanced Jorgan kill him (Jorgan's VA was AMAZING during KOTFE/KOTET)...I felt so bad just watching it! I'm wondering "if" killing a romanced Theron would play out the same way, I look forward to seeing what happens (the dialogue) in that scene to be honest.

I thought about putting her with Arcann to because at least he was honest about wanting to kill me, see how it goes. ;)

I watched a video of a Trooper who romanced Jorgan kill him (Jorgan's VA was AMAZING during KOTFE/KOTET)...I felt so bad just watching it! I'm wondering "if" killing a romanced Theron would play out the same way, I look forward to seeing what happens (the dialogue) in that scene to be honest.

It really is a pity I don't like cathar, because Aric's VA is simply amazing. I did finally create a trooper this week to romance him, never finished it before because I don't like the fem-trooper's VA much in this game. She remains "Shep" for me, and it's weird haha.

Yeah I'm definitely hanging on for all the stuff when we finally get to talk to Theron again instead of yelling at him as he runs off.

I'm willing to put money on there not being a "kill" option for Theron. There should be, yes, but it would turn him into a paperweight, and I don't see that happening because that would leave us with only one person in the entire game to talk to...Lana.

I'm willing to put money on there not being a "kill" option for Theron. There should be, yes, but it would turn him into a paperweight, and I don't see that happening because that would leave us with only one person in the entire game to talk to...Lana.

I think they've backed themselves into a corner with what ever decision they make. Don't have the ability kill him and hoards of people will complain about the traitor, Quinn V2 anyone? The not being able to kill Quinn threads went on for YEARS. Allow us to kill him and his fans/people who like him will be in uproar to the likelihood of him becoming the next cardboard cut-out silent companion. It's really no win, lots of people are going to very angry with them no matter how they choose to resolve the situation, good luck to them!

The Outlander, Lana, Gault and T7 show! :cool:

I think they've backed themselves into a corner with what ever decision they make. Don't have the ability kill him and hoards of people will complain about the traitor, Quinn V2 anyone? The not being able to kill Quinn threads went on for YEARS. Allow us to kill him and his fans/people who like him will be in uproar to the likelihood of him becoming the next cardboard cut-out silent companion. It's really no win, lots of people are going to very angry with them no matter how they choose to resolve the situation, good luck to them!

I just don't see it happening because of the romance. If they did turn him into a paperweight, then they would alienate 50% of the gamers...because anybody who plays for f/m or m/m romance would have literally nobody who is still part of the story. I would hope they're not that dumb.

Edited by Dracofish

Are you telling me that BioWare's chosen waifu isn't enough for you?

There's a reason why I haven't finished her romance yet... :p

I have no issues with her as a character...she just doesn't appeal to me personally. I do have intentions, though, on putting her in a f/f pairing in my fic just to appease readers who are expecting it (since Lana seems to be pretty much always f/f from what I've seen), so I've just started the romance with one of my female characters...and I gotta say, I'm struggling. The let's-hold-hands-like-we're-playing-london-bridge-is-falling-down thing turned me off like being thrown into an ice bath. I hope her whole romance isn't so smushy wushy.

She's a Sith...what happened to being rucked up against a wall once in a while? :cool:

This is my Warrior character trying to run through Forged Alliances and Rishi:

Me: "Damnit, Kira, you're supposed to be hitting on Lana...L.A.N.A!

Kira: "But, but...Theron!" *points to Theron*

Me: "I SAID LANA."

Me: "STOP HITTING ON THERON!" *sighs*

Edited by Dracofish

I dunno. From what I saw Theron's wayyyy more a chosen waifu (this dumb word cannot DIAF fast enough, by the way). Lana's pretty reserved in her romancey interactions, whereas Theron is constantly slobbering out "i wuv yoo so much I cannot live without youuuuuu!~" and suchlike sentimental cheese. :D

Edited by krakadyla

They can solve this problem easy. They just need to be willing to keep Theron as a character and have another NPC in the wings to replace him in the wings.

Killed Theron? Then you get Theron v2.0 Has the same lines, may or may not be a possible love interest.

Wanna mess with the players a bit, totally new character, but with the same voice actor, just to save on money. Could even have the outlander comment on how the new character sounds so much like someone they knew. :p

They can solve this problem easy. They just need to be willing to keep Theron as a character and have another NPC in the wings to replace him in the wings.

Killed Theron? Then you get Theron v2.0 Has the same lines, may or may not be a possible love interest.

Wanna mess with the players a bit, totally new character, but with the same voice actor, just to save on money. Could even have the outlander comment on how the new character sounds so much like someone they knew. :p

Zenith! Or a long lost adoptive "human" brother of Zenith. :D

I just don't see it happening because of the romance. If they did turn him into a paperweight, then they would alienate 50% of the gamers...because anybody who plays for f/m or m/m romance would have literally nobody who is still part of the story. I would hope they're not that dumb.

I'm suspecting the theory of "either Theron or Lana dies and the other one is your sole second-in-command for the rest of the game."