Significant power shift @ the Harbinger

Sepruzzo

I feel like over the last few weeks the 50-50 to 60-40 pub win ratio in regs has decreased dramatically. It's become extremely difficult to get a win on my pub toons, even with pretty solid players from solid pvp guilds on my team. I know one of the main reasons (if not *the* main reason) for this is the significant influx of Pot5/Bastion/other server players bringing their imps in.

But it's at a point now where I'm rather hesitant to even play pub side anymore, which sucks because I'm a "mood" player. Sometimes I'm in the mood to play pub, sometimes imp. And when I log imp and enter a wz, there's like 3 instances of imp v imp on that map.

For those who *have* been getting some slight bit of success on pub side, what's a good time to queue? Lately I haven't been able to find a decent time frame where I can get a solid winning streak going.

Also inb4 "lol regs dont matter noob" - because anyone who knows about Harb ranked pvp knows why that argument is patently retarded.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that pub players are worse at objectives, so at the beginning of the match make it clear what needs to be done. No matter what, they simply refuse to ignore orbs in Hypergate, leaving like 2v7 while they run orbs that are meaningless, or in Novaare a tank wants to guard, in Civil War like half the team goes to our own node. Sounds like either you just need to lvl out of it or take control, be a leader or form a premade

Yep, I joined a sister guild on the imp side and have been playing my old mains on the imp side. Sowwy ;)

Kidding aside though, yes a lot of old friends from pot5 transferred recently to the imp side, and also a few of us from pub pvp guilds have gone back to playing imp as well. I know a few of us from 'guild formerly known as' Wrath of Xedrix (pub) are joining back up with old guildies who are in Hustle on the imp side.

Edited by Monterone

I have found that pub players are worse at objectives, so at the beginning of the match make it clear what needs to be done. No matter what, they simply refuse to ignore orbs in Hypergate, leaving like 2v7 while they run orbs that are meaningless, or in Novaare a tank wants to guard, in Civil War like half the team goes to our own node. Sounds like either you just need to lvl out of it or take control, be a leader or form a premade

Actually I've found the complete opposite... On harbinger at least, imps are usually the players who won't play objectives, while reps will

Edited by Icykill_

On TEH Imps rerolled pubside with 12x, now imp is hard to play solo.

On the bright side, I can't wait for 3.3 to come coz then I can sit back and paly on whatefer faction I want..

What does 3.3 have to do with that? Is there gonna be cross faction?

ive noticed this aswell, imps seem to have more healers than us and play oibjectives better/better dps. just better overall i think. and we also always have at least two people in pve gear which doesnt help. queue times dont matter as far as i can see.

ive noticed this aswell, imps seem to have more healers than us and play oibjectives better/better dps. just better overall i think. and we also always have at least two people in pve gear which doesnt help. queue times dont matter as far as i can see.

What's happened is that the Imps have some very strong premade guilds running and they play a lot. When they aren't around or when the Republic guilds field their own premade said its much better. I was in a premade a couple of days ago and went 10 straight wins.

What's happened is that the Imps have some very strong premade guilds running and they play a lot. When they aren't around or when the Republic guilds field their own premade said its much better. I was in a premade a couple of days ago and went 10 straight wins.

I just noticed "Nala" is "Alan" backwards. Dang usually I am good at those! I guess "Nala" looks like a normal name so I never suspected it of being a name backwards. hahaha.

Its only bad after about 8:30-9 pm with the Hustle and Hashtag Hax premades. Sometimes they are fun matches and sometimes we get stomped and i feel like if we had just 1 more good dps on our team it would've been a different match entirely. And sometimes I feel like I have to do literally everything when Hustle gets all super try hard against me.

But I will say this.. Coming from a server where the pubside has completely disintegrated, I can say you guys don't realize how good you actually have it here.

Edited by ace_boogie

...old guildies who are in Hustle on the imp side.

I've learned very quickly that I hate seeing that name in a WZ... :mad:

Pubs on Harb are no different than any other server...HUGE pool of players, some good, some terrible. Luck of the draw.

I've learned very quickly that I hate seeing that name in a WZ... :mad:

Pubs on Harb are no different than any other server...HUGE pool of players, some good, some terrible. Luck of the draw.

It's not always that bad, I was in a decent pug and we beat them 6-2 in Queshball. But anything node based pugs tend to get crushed by Hustle.

Honestly it feels very balanced on the republic side. I really don't feel when I join a warzone I will lose. I expect to win and I am surprised when the imps fight back.

I don't think it matters so much which faction players join just as long as they are on the harbinger. PVP still needs to grow and both factions already on this server got it pretty good. You can queue any time day or night and be able to PVP.

More people queueing means the competitiveness of the player pool goes up.

It's not always that bad, I was in a decent pug and we beat them 6-2 in Queshball. But anything node based pugs tend to get crushed by Hustle.

Yeah I think I was in that huttball match.(or maybe a different one because I remember the score being 5-2)Like I said they are good but not unbeatable. Republic talent pool just takes a nose dive at night, and we start getting crushed

Edited by ace_boogie

II know one of the main reasons (if not *the* main reason) for this is the significant influx of Pot5 players bringing their pubs in.

Fixed that for you. All the pot5 baddies transferred to harbinger. Enjoy them!!

Fixed that for you. All the pot5 baddies transferred to harbinger. Enjoy them!!

"baddies"? What are you, 4?

Good or bad, I don't gaf, I'm just glad we have a crap ton of queue pops and plenty of people attempting PvP. Queues on Harbinger pop 24/7...not just for 3 hours at night like on POT5.

Works in my favor. It used to be the other way around. Getting rolfstomped with pub premades was not fun.

Good for you, eventually REP population will seize to exists. The only server left where pub still can land a win is Bastion and even there its going down hill.

You could always transfer to any other server and dominate WZ....................