Network Maintenance on West Coast Servers

TaitWatson

Hey all,

We are going to be performing unscheduled network maintenance to address intermittent login and latency issues due to packet loss on West Coast servers starting shortly.

If you are currently logged into an West Coast server, you may or may not be dropped, but if you're currently offline you will not be able to log in until the servers are available. They will show as "Offline" on the Server Status page for the duration of the maintenance.

I'll update this thread as we make progress!

-Tait

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

We are going to be performing unscheduled network maintenance to address intermittent login and latency issues due to packet loss on West Coast servers starting shortly.

If you are currently logged into an West Coast server, you may or may not be dropped, but if you're currently offline you will not be able to log in until the servers are available. They will show as "Offline" on the Server Status page for the duration of the maintenance.

-Tait

I approve this post.

Hey all,

-Tait

You may wish to log into East Coast server latency, too; I've been getting an unusually high frequency of lag spikes since a couple of hours ago.

It was clearly stated they will keep us updated as they know things.

I fail to see why people can't be without the game for a few hours. Get outside, go for a walk. etc.

And I fail to see why you needed to get on my case just because I asked a simple question.

And I fail to see why you needed to get on my case just because I asked a simple question.

She clearly stated an answer to your question.

I wasn't getting on your case, just saying go find something else to do in the meantime.

I wonder if your head hurts from being this smart.

I said nothing smart. A simple suggestion was all it was.

Edited by DarthVengeant

It was clearly stated they will keep us updated as they know things.

I fail to see why people can't be without the game for a few hours. Get outside, go for a walk. etc.

Huh, seems like this guy just assumes we all just sit at the computer playing this game 24/7.

I for one don't like the fact I can't log in, on my only day off this week, during the 3-4 hour window I can actually sit down while my kids are out.

Huh, seems like this guy just assumes we all just sit at the computer playing this game 24/7.

I for one don't like the fact I can't log in, on my only day off this week, during the 3-4 hour window I can actually sit down while my kids are out.

I agree. I would have asked the same earlier question just to know how to plan the rest of my evening.

Anyways, I appreciate the fact that there is an assurance of regular updates. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this game. I'll be glad to get back on once you guys fix the problem. :)

I'd also appreciate some type of time window. A simple ETA would sate. I understand the concept of unscheduled, but surely a little thought must go into a server shutdown before being implemented, and an estimate of downtime could be provided.

I just don't want to do Makeb again again again. The crash and significant roll back last night weren't pleasant. Hopefully it doesn't happen again when the servers come back up. That was a bit of a shock losing the progression, reputation gains, items, etc. when the Harbinger came back online last night.

Hey all,

I see some folks asking for an ETA but, unfortunately, I still don't have one yet. We are still seeing issues on the US West network, so we're continuing to investigate.

Thanks for your patience!

Edited by TaitWatson

Hey all,

I see some folks asking for an ETA but, unfortunately, I still don't have one yet. We are still seeing issues on the US West network, so we're continuing to investigate.

Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for the follow up, and please give us some kind of ETA as soon as you have one.