Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you say that such and such will "make or break SW:TOR" doesn't actually make it true. Nice attempt at fearmongering, though.

It is however a non-negotiable feature for many players though, and not a hard one for the developers to fix either. It's simply a matter of Artistry vs Playability and long-term playability always wins.

Just because you say that such and such will "make or break SW:TOR" doesn't actually make it true. Nice attempt at fearmongering, though.

Fanboyism does not help a game succeed. It is through the endless criticism of those who want a game to be successful that developers are able to iterate and improve.

Fanboyism does not help a game succeed. It is through the endless criticism of those who want a game to be successful that developers are able to iterate and improve.

Nah, if you just wish hard enough, and fanboy so hard that you stain your pants, then the game is sure to be successful!

/signed

this is a major problem for healing at the moment, the delay from finishing casting the spell and actually seeing health restored is so frustrating, even more so casting static barrier as a sorcerer which is supposedly "instant" spell isnt because there is at least 0.5 second delay as the casting animation finishes before you even see a barrier.

any other sorcerer healer experience this?

/signed

this is a major problem for healing at the moment, the delay from finishing casting the spell and actually seeing health restored is so frustrating, even more so casting static barrier as a sorcerer which is supposedly "instant" spell isnt because there is at least 0.5 second delay as the casting animation finishes before you even see a barrier.

I havn't played a healer in this game yet, but I can just see how painful that must be.

Healer: Damn, the Tank suddenly dropped low, I'll try to save him with my 'instant' emergency heal!

Tank Dies 0.5 seconds later

Healer: So much for instant........

/signed

Of course mate, this is not a bug or something that affects a limited number of players. It has always been like this and all players have the same delay. If someone tells you that he/she doesn't have any problem then they are either fanboys or inexperienced mmo players who cant notice.

this will kill this game, and BioWare keeps ignoring it, and us

GG BioWare, over 200$ blown and all you could do was this pathetic crap?

way to let Blizzard remain king of the industry for another year. they must be laughting their asses at you all.

Edited by blackcerberus

+1

but it's futile. The combat system needs completely revamping for it to ever play without all the ability delay and countless bugs. This is the part where BW puts their head in the sand and hopes the casuals that haven't noticed stay subbed.

They won't address this because the issues we're complaining about are part of the engine mechanics as a whole and not an isolated bug issue.

No one should object to this post.

If Bioware fixes this issue, no one loses out and we all might have a serious alternative to world of warcraft. At present I really fear its just another Aion/Warhammer/Conan and its all about THIS ISSUE. When someone other than Blizzard execute this aspect of the game perfectly, they will make monstrous amounts of cash because there are a lot of tired wow players floating around just begging for something new to play.

This almost unquantifiable quality is the absolute breaker though and I just hope that they can do something about it, and quickly.

+1

The combat system needs completely revamping for it to ever play without all the ability delay and countless bugs. This is the part where BW puts their head in the sand and hopes the casuals that haven't noticed stay subbed.

They won't address this because the issues we're complaining about are part of the engine mechanics as a whole and not an isolated bug issue.

This.

Don't have high expectations for this issue to be fixed.

Edited by Rendekar

I really have to respond to this threat, because you sir have put voice to my nº 1 issue with this game, I want this to succeed, and im loving pve, but the truth is pvp has been slow and frustrating to me from the start, and this is the reason why.

Thank you for making this post.

Here is my agreement.

I'm one of those that rarely ever posts in a forums because of trolling. I never voice my opinion because half of the time it's not game-breaking or all that important.

I want this game to succeed. I love it, I really do. But I know just like everyone else here that once I get to 50 and want to PvP until I'm braindead that I'm going to unsub because of the feeling that my character isn't my character but instead my commands are being scrutinized by an operator before my character is allowed to use it.

I'm quitting this game after 2 months if I don't see a fix. I hate this ********

I love you BioWare.. I love your games, all of your games. I'm drooling over the story and graphics and how fun it is to be a goody goody sith warrior.. Or a super evil Jedi Knight..

But they are irrelevant if I can't enjoy gameplay.

Much love and dissapointment,

Christopher Guilford.

Edited by Bellog

You have a delay because you are lagging or because of low frame rates... I do not have any delay at all. Not the devs fault either... just upgrade your GPU.

Lol, you have no idea the kind of computer I'm playing on. That's a heck of a suggestion to every single person in this thread who has pointed out exactly what kind of delay exists.

I am 100% thankful for this post. I thought I was becoming senile.

I have a friend who plays and he swears I'm being too picky. I play a lot of PvP and I think that is where the issue becomes glaring. If you do mostly pve quests and such I can see where maybe it wouldn't be as noticable, but in PvP where moves are critical to being cast when you need them to be, it's life or death.

So, again, glad to see I'm not alone; however, it's sad that this issue does exist.

Edited by baznasty

Yes, clearly i'm a fanboy because I called the OP out for making a ridiculous assertion. Project onto someone else, please.

You have a delay because you are lagging or because of low frame rates... I do not have any delay at all. Not the devs fault either... just upgrade your GPU.

im running 2 x OC 6850's and i still have this problem, What gpu's should i get to run this game, it dosent even have AA as an option in the GPX come on

+1 for realists

To have this much budget, and this much time, and end up with this unresponsive mess isn't going to win me over for many subscribed months. Or any subscribed months. When they obviously modeled so much gameplay on WoW in other areas, but not in the critical "how does combat feel" seems rushed (meaning they tore down and rebuilt a few times in those 5 years).

I want to have a shiny new space mmo as much as the next guy. But I won't accept whatever BW sends my way just because it's from BW or says Star Wars. This responsiveness issue needs to stay bumped on the forums if we want to push the issue. I simply cannot justify spending monthly sub money to not have fun playing a game that could be so much better.

Saying you'll be building expansions on a new house is great, but won't fix cracks in the foundation.