3.2.1 Marauder/Sentinel Insight: Self Healing and Set Bonuses

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why everyone is complaining, these changes look good....

You are the only one posting positive comments here, logging onto a "customer" account won´t help you to stir the direction of the discussion in the direction you want. It won´t work Sent/Mara Main Players are not as stupid as the other 7 AC communities.

Except it isnt. Its forcing us to pick utilities just to make the class barely function. Several of these utilities should be combined and others should be passive. We are the only class that is so dependant on utilities. There is no variation or "choice" in the matter. Most of the other classes can vary their utilities, we cant.

Also in terms of the subject thread. The proposed healing changes are terrible.

Edited by Raansu

Maybe we're all missing the point. I highly doubt it though. Why don't you let us know what you like about these changes. Enlighten us.

It won´t work Sent/Mara Main Players are not as stupid as the other 7 AC communities.

If you expect to be taken seriously and contribute positively to the discussion then you really need to curb this and the rest of your chest thumping rhetoric about how much smarter you are than the devs and the rest of the player base. It really has the opposite effect you're looking for. I understand the frustration, but really, follow the lead of oofalong and others who don't grope for having a respected voice in the debate by exaggerating their credentials or belittling others. They don't have to, their posts speak for themselves.

If you expect to be taken seriously and contribute positively to the discussion then you really need to curb this and the rest of your chest thumping rhetoric about how much smarter you are than the devs and the rest of the player base. It really has the opposite effect you're looking for. I understand the frustration, but really, follow the lead of oofalong and others who don't grope for having a respected voice in the debate by exaggerating their credentials or belittling others. They don't have to, their posts speak for themselves.

As I stated before I don´t care what people think. And if people nowadays still right "You are a hacker tickets" because they don´t know what for ex. Pacify does, srry, I will exagerate to a point were I call them incompetent;-)

I have not interest to conribute anything positive as the Devs cleary don´t care a piece of brown soft mass what their customers think. So I will enjoy letting of some steam for the most part. If I feel really really motivated I might as well try to be more reasonable like back in December. At the moment I hope you understand their is no reason for anyone to be reasonable while they are burning our hard earned money on stupid devlopments;-)

No. Spreading DoTs isn't fluent on Maras.

3 Focus cost for DoT-sprad, no range, pathetic diameter, not part of single target rotation and a 6second DoT to spread? No, no, no, no, no. Let me give you an example: Serenity has a DoT spread with a laugable cost, INSANE diameter and 10m range, as part of their single target rotation AND an additional improvement with Death Mark that also applies to ALL targets affected. Do you see how dumb that sounds in comparison to ours? How ridiculous? Care to explain what led to this decision?

I actually really like the idea of the dot spread, but what you posted about comparing the spread mechanic of Sorc's and vigilance Dot spread with Sentinels is absolutely spot on... and ridiculous...

I'd propose keeping the "direct damage" from sweep the same radius, but increasing the dot spread radius to be on par with that of Death Field. Considering Sorcs can pretty much place that AOE wherever they want, and sentinels have to be "in position", I'd say that'd be MORE than fair...and the spread STILL mechanic would STILL be more effective for a sorc... ( and vigilance guardian as well tbh, as their mobility is far superior to a sentinels).

I actually really like the idea of the dot spread, but what you posted about comparing the spread mechanic of Sorc's and vigilance Dot spread with Sentinels is absolutely spot on... and ridiculous...

I'd propose keeping the "direct damage" from sweep the same radius, but increasing the dot spread radius to be on par with that of Death Field. Considering Sorcs can pretty much place that AOE wherever they want, and sentinels have to be "in position", I'd say that'd be MORE than fair...and the spread STILL mechanic would STILL be more effective for a sorc... ( and vigilance guardian as well tbh, as their mobility is far superior to a sentinels).

The difference is vengeance isn't really a dot spec. The dot damage is pretty much throw away damage and is only there for procs. What makes slam so good is the fact that it's free and it actually crits for good damage and can fit between the specs cool downs. I think people would have less issue if sweep was free or preferably on double saber throw and the planned changes didn't require a tight rotation with zero freedom. In the end though vengeance doesn't rely on dot spread and neither should watchman.

I like the idea of using my twin saber toss for the crit.

MS is a bit of a channel to get the crit bonus going and it's decidedly melee. Guardians just saber toss whenever, get a crit going, follow up, boom.

It would certainly speed up combat sentinels a tad. ^^

P.S.: We can talk about constructive feedback when you invite the major contributers of the Class into an open unfiltered Conference that can be viewed by everyone, I personally am fed up this you telling us we are wrong at not having the balls to talk to us directly. I for one have interest in improving the class, but I have not interest at posting feedback that can be ignored.

/signed.

Is there any point in putting forward suggestions as it doesn't seem that any of them are being read or responded to. People have felt insulted by being told to learn to play and its completely ignored.

It seems that the combat team are trying to force Annihilation into something its not while Carnage and Fury which are also under performing are being mostly ignored. While defensive forms which sought of helps make the forms different is being removed, I hope that this will help the class but it does make for a little less individuality between an acrobatic form and a balanced form.

Please for the sake of ALL that is good and pure, do not balance a class around a SINGLE SET! And don't do it around *********** PVP either.

As for Annihilation, it is a SINGLE TARGET Discipline, and has a very ungainly dot spread. Nerfing the heals was nerfing an already bad thing that needed a boost.

Concentration/Fury got buffed, what with access to the internal/elemental DR of Juyo, the move speed buff of atayru, and access to transcendance/predation without completely screwing themself over...

I thought we were talking about watchman? Conc getting buffed and watchman getting nerfed is laughable since conc was already much better than watchman before 3.2. After 3.2 it's not even close.

Please for the sake of ALL that is good and pure, do not balance a class around a SINGLE SET! And don't do it around *********** PVP either.

As for Annihilation, it is a SINGLE TARGET Discipline, and has a very ungainly dot spread. Nerfing the heals was nerfing an already bad thing that needed a boost.

For gods sake, please STOP blaming PvPers all the fking time. Please look at the responses in this thread. Not a SINGLE PvPer wants this ****ed up DoT-spread. It's an awful mechanic and much MUCH worse than what other classes that are still broken in PvP (Hatred) have. They should just remove it from this class and from PvP entirely actually.

Not a SINGLE PvPer wanted the current changes. Not the awful utility changes, nor the self heal changes, nor the DoT-spread, nor the fkd up single target rotation.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

For gods sake, please STOP blaming PvPers all the fking time. Please look at the responses in this thread. Not a SINGLE PvPer wants this ****ed up DoT-spread. It's an awful mechanic and much MUCH worse than what other classes that are still broken in PvP (Hatred) have. They should just remove it from this class and from PvP entirely actually.

Not a SINGLE PvPer wanted the current changes. Not the awful utility changes, nor the self heal changes, nor the DoT-spread, nor the fkd up single target rotation.

The devs are still totally ignoring PVE for some reason. What is the reason for their gross incompetence?

Edited by PallyHk

Just accept the fact that the devs are clueless, intelligence-deficient and just mkaing class changes to keep the bosses off their backs whilst they collect paychecks for job roles they obviously lied to get.

As unfortunate as it is, time to move on from Tor.

The devs are still totally ignoring PVE for some reason. What is the reason for their gross incompetence?

I'll answer this one:

1) Internal communication issues and major bloat. The developers do not have correct information from their managers and are going off spreadsheet feedback rather than gameplay feedback from the community. Those communication issues plague this company. You think the communication issues to the player base are bad.... Imagine trying to develop class balances for a Sentinel when you were just given data sheets from as Assassin labeled as a Sentinel. And again, these guys do not play the game. They want to get something on their resume and out of dodge as quickly as possible.

2) Poor developer hires. EA isn't really a place where people want to work. In fact I would guess about 80% of industry veterans do not want to be anywhere near EA. But to get somewhere else, they have to get their foot in the door, and EA hires a lot of fresh meat out of college to use and pound. Most of these folks do not play the game they are developing for. In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people are 3rd party contracted like the original QA team pre-launch. They do not understand the engine, they do not understand the mechanics or the game/class and as you can see that clearly shows here.

3) It's EA. What do you expect by now?

4) Most of the folks working on this game came from the SOE-Austin shutdown who were behind horrible decisions like the SWG New Game Experience. Rich Vogel is gone and with Battlecry now, but a lot of the people raised in that type of working environment all came here. It's an incestuous industry. Resource management is skinny and quite frankly, they do not care about you as a customer/gamer. If the game falls off it's status they made their investment back and a profit and now it's time to scapegoat the failures on something besides themselves and move on to the next 100k producer job. The way it works unfortunately.

5) It's EA.

I've read through all 3 threads and I'm done. I'm just done. I can't deal with this incompetence any longer.

It's EA.

That's the only reason you need. The others are either irrelevant because they flow in said reason or they're redundant.

Edited by Bugattiboy

Can we get that DPS buff you said was needed to make up for the nerf caused by changing the rotation? Put it on Dual Saber Throw so it can become a single target ability? Put it on Annihilate to increase burst? Put it on Rupture so it ticks harder? Put it somewhere, anywhere, just do it like you promised. Please and thank you.

After reading through 3 different forums Sent / Mara related - After reading the thoughts and feelings by our community and suggestions and of course the lack of representation by our devs. The reality is that there really is nothing I can really say or add that could help.

I've seen so many different ideas that could propose some positive change and it seems bioware doesn't want what the community wants. Bioware wants to do what bioware wants to do.

Our devs are gonna get squeezed by upper management as well - as more and more un-sub due to these unprofessional mishaps.

This is not rocket science guys.

Edited by Lyons_Crest

Everyone go read the "Must Read:Marauder Changes" thread on this forum. Short 2 minute read i think you'll enjoy. It clarifies some of the things posted below.

All specs of marauder should get obliterate (mini-charge), and Fury should get an enhanced version of it at 26 called 'decimate' as stated in above thread.

Remove cloak of pain but merge its affects in to Berserk.

Berserk should excite the synapses more than it does. Grant it baseline enhancements. Depending on your spec and stance, these base lines will be improved further. i.e. when you go berserk, you gain -20% damage taken, attackers take xxx damage, +1 rage per second, 10% movement speed, bleeds heal for 1%, and 10% alacrity. Ataru form would increase the 10% to 30%, etc. Juyo would heal for 2%. Thats what i would like to see.

Merge warzone adrenals and medpacs in to 1 & make the heal happen over time rather than instant. Simplicity is always better if done right. 27 buttons on the hotbar is a little obnoxious. I think having some merge action would be nice for both aspects of the game.

These changes would be great for pve and pvp. I feel that mechanical changes are needed more than simply moving #'s around. I would like to see something done with force scream too, as i found it very out of place for the marauder (though nice on the juggernaut). Much love all <3

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Everyone go read the "Must Read:Marauder Changes" thread on this forum. Short 2 minute read i think you'll enjoy. It clarifies some of the things posted below.

All specs of marauder should get obliterate (mini-charge), and Fury should get an enhanced version of it at 26 called 'decimate' as stated in above thread.

Remove cloak of pain but merge its affects in to Berserk.

Berserk should excite the synapses more than it does. Grant it baseline enhancements. Depending on your spec and stance, these base lines will be improved further. i.e. when you go berserk, you gain -20% damage taken, attackers take xxx damage, +1 rage per second, 10% movement speed, bleeds heal for 1%, and 10% alacrity. Ataru form would increase the 10% to 30%, etc. Juyo would heal for 2%. Thats what i would like to see.

Merge warzone adrenals and medpacs in to 1 & make the heal happen over time rather than instant. Simplicity is always better if done right. 27 buttons on the hotbar is a little obnoxious. I think having some merge action would be nice for both aspects of the game.

These changes would be great for pve and pvp. I feel that mechanical changes are needed more than simply moving #'s around. I would like to see something done with force scream too, as i found it very out of place for the marauder (though nice on the juggernaut). Much love all <3

I posted there and I'll post here that basically none of your changes is balanced, thought through, even though Obiteration is nice idea, it's not possible to implement in the way you want it.