POT5 dead

Raansu

The 4s teams in the past few months on pot5 go into each others mumbles/teamspeak and socialize/joke around.

Means that the "closed circles phenomenon" is already happening there.

There isn't enough of a spectrum of competition where mid-tier teams can play mid-tier teams and top teams can play each other instead.

Top teams wouldn't want it.

I firmly believe that everyone at the top likes the situation as it is now - because true competition would bring their ratings into danger. And that must be avoided at all costs, I think they believe.

lol I guess you must be happy you have so much free time, but having to find all the datacrons, raising all your companion's affection levels for the bonus, having to grind again for ranked gear, not having access to reputation vendors for certain gear you want, etc is time consuming

time not everyone has

I don't have that much time. I finished my Commando's end of act 1 only this month - and this character exists for 1 1/2 years or so already.

Me, I'm a story player. To me, story is everything, and I'm REALLY slow with it. I never did both 3.0 OPs so far, although I'm through with the story with my 2 level 60 chars. And even my Gunslinger didn't do the end of the story on Yavin 4 yet. My level 60 Sage didn't do the end of the Rishgi story, even.

I'm so much more slower at play - which on the other hand frustrates me that the grinding cost for Comms is so high. That's why I've practically given up PvP, because I just didn't have the nerve anymore to get just another tier of gear - I didn't even have Brutalizer, only Obroan. And now Exhumed ? Really ???

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA isn't going to make any long term investment in SWTOR. Cross Server queues, which is what it will take to keep this game viable, isn't going to happen.

Battlefront will pick up the newcomers from the movie, and that's EA too so what the hell they care about SWTOR, they get the money either way.,

I firmly believe that everyone at the top likes the situation as it is now - because true competition would bring their ratings into danger. And that must be avoided at all costs, I think they believe.

Have you lost your mind? The people at the top just want and need people to play against. We are desperate for some 4s. The situation as it is now is that 4s rarely happen because they have to be coordinated- people rarely just q up with the foolish hope that another team is also in q. Who cares about rating in a dead game? The top players know it means little. We just want to play 4s. True competition is what players at the top truly want. You've got it backwards.

Edited by Kakisback

And before one of you tech ignorants says anything - No you cannot just copy-paste the leaderboard's method of handling players into the game.

exCUUUUUSE me. but I'm going to have to ask that you allow me to put my foot in my mouth before you take pictures. tyvm! :rak_04:

meh. that's not true. it's a little true. you're putting way too much emphasis on it. the only thing that will turn a good team toward the small pond from the big lake is constantly losing to an even better team with no other teams in queue to mend their bruised egos. and that's true of any team at any skill level.

Edited by foxmob

Of course the game is dying... when they relentlessly apply unneeded nerfs to classes that are undeserving of them (Balance/Madness, the lowest parsing spec in the game, for example)... and let the Overpowered class stomp over everyone... then guess what, it's just not fun and people aren't going to play.

Bioware continues to leg shot themselves, rather than making a balanced game.

Of course the game is dying... when they relentlessly apply unneeded nerfs to classes that are undeserving of them (Balance/Madness, the lowest parsing spec in the game, for example)... and let the Overpowered class stomp over everyone... then guess what, it's just not fun and people aren't going to play.

Bioware continues to leg shot themselves, rather than making a balanced game.

yep. The BW and EA screwed this MMO. Only thing that right this ship it to nerf classes for PvP:

For PvP:

* either disable or increase the CD for knockbacks for non Juggernaut/Guardian classes

* increased the range abilities CDs for non Knight/Warrior classes

* decrease the AR for Merc/Commando to Medium

* increase the CD on all stuns

* remove GCD

Since this is the only SW MMO set in the time of Knights of the Old Republic, where Jedi ruled. PvP changes should be done first and more often

Edited by Ramtar

yep. The BW and EA screwed this MMO. Only thing that right this ship it to nerf classes for PvP:

For PvP:

* either disable or increase the CD for knockbacks for non Juggernaut/Guardian classes

* increased the range abilities CDs for non Knight/Warrior classes

* decrease the AR for Merc/Commando to Medium

* increase the CD on all stuns

* remove GCD

Since this is the only SW MMO, PvP changes should be done first and more often

wut....?

Means that the "closed circles phenomenon" is already happening there.

I don't have that much time. I finished my Commando's end of act 1 only this month - and this character exists for 1 1/2 years or so already.

Me, I'm a story player. To me, story is everything, and I'm REALLY slow with it. I never did both 3.0 OPs so far, although I'm through with the story with my 2 level 60 chars. And even my Gunslinger didn't do the end of the story on Yavin 4 yet. My level 60 Sage didn't do the end of the Rishgi story, even.

I'm so much more slower at play - which on the other hand frustrates me that the grinding cost for Comms is so high. That's why I've practically given up PvP, because I just didn't have the nerve anymore to get just another tier of gear - I didn't even have Brutalizer, only Obroan. And now Exhumed ? Really ???

I like how you try to speak for "top teams" without being on one. There's no "closed circles phenomenon".. It's a close-knit group that knows each other because so few players participate consistently in ranked 4s on pot5. It would be my team, stu's team, maybe crushers, and cinerous's team when they still played.

The ONLY reason I still play this game is to play good games against good teams. That's it. It's why my team transferred to JC so we could play Lukewarm Taun Tauns and Itchy's west coast team rather than farm pot5 in boring 1-sided victories. Playing against the two teams I just mentioned has made us adjust our comp/strategey constantly, something we never had to do on pot5. It's fun and it's challenging. There were some ggs against Stu's team and Itchy's team when they were on pot5 but other than that it was pretty easy.

So if you can stop being presumptuous for one second, you might realize that farming a video game rating is not my top priority. We gain rating because we happen to win a lot, but we've spent lots of cartel coins getting toons on the Bastion and JC to play against the most competitive teams NA. I went from 1933 to 1833 this past night in a string of well-fought games that we lost. And they were more fun than any of the faceroll games we had on pot5.

Edited by EnzoForMe

EA isn't going to make any long term investment in SWTOR. Cross Server queues, which is what it will take to keep this game viable, isn't going to happen.

Battlefront will pick up the newcomers from the movie, and that's EA too so what the hell they care about SWTOR, they get the money either way.,

Indeed. EA likely doesn't give much thought to swtor. But the devs of this game should care more about its longevity, as "some" of them will be out of a job when this game ends. I know "I" will be leaving for Battlefront as soon as I can buy my way into beta lol. I seriously doubt if I will bother to try coming back. Too many times I'm left smh at the developers of this game...and that's been since beta. :confused:

I'm older than I care to admit...and have been an avid PVP/MMO gamer for like 15-20 years now.

This has been among my worst experiences with a development team. They appear to be clueless about many parts of their game from the players perspective. They do not communicate hardly at all, let alone what I would consider effective communication. They appear to not understand how to balance their game, not to mention they have constant patching issues. There patches always seem to need a hotfix or another patch.

They spread outright bull excrement, such as speaking on things "the players have been asking for" and then suggesting there is an uproar over a some farse like a walking animation or some other garbage no one gives two ***** about. They never give information about things I'm actually interested in. The things I would care about are either on their "wall of crazy" or not on the radar at all.:rolleyes:

They string the pvp population along for months at a time only to disappoint them with more empty promises or more "not at this time" nonsense.

When I was playing this game pre-launch I foolishly thought it had a chance to be relevant for a possible 10 year run.:o:o:o

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7879116

If you're wondering what this means, it means that POT5 isn''t going to be merged into anything. The official word is that any changes going forward will keep the divide between PVE, PVP, RP, and RP-PVP servers.

That being the case, wouldn't they then be able to merge Pot5 and the Bastion? Unless they also wish to preserve the 'regional' markers, they're exactly the same. It would be the same as merging, say, Ebon Hawk and Begeren Colony - both of them exactly the same (RP servers) save for the regional distinction.

I very much doubt Pot5 and Bastion players would much care about the regional distinctions - they'd find a way to make a merged server work for them, I am willing to bet. It leaves Jung Ma twisting in the wind (sole RP-PVP server in NA), but it would certainly be a start.

Edited by Aebrynis

I think it is laughable to say there are "closed circles" on POT5 when all anyone wants is people to play with/against. Any TRUE hostility is imagined by the individuals who feel targeted minus a few very rare cases (and trust me on this because I am sometimes said target but I definitely get along with most of the server.) Every server has pretty much the same environment and the same problems as POT5. My guilds' GM had to have spent like 300 bucks trying to find a good server only to settle on the shiniest of the turd piles he was given.

Imagine being on a PVE server where it is so dead that you never have enough people to do ANY end game content whatsoever. Then you hop servers over and over and spend a crapton of money trying to find greener pastures only to realize things are the same everywhere. It is foolish to sit there and just hope and pray day in and day out, hoping that one day the issue it fixes itself and not say a word on the forums where people in charge can see.

Can't you see that PvPers WANT the game to succeed? They WANT to give Bioware their money, but not if they cant do what they came to the game to do which is PvP. Merges would help PvP drastically given the current state of things, and trying to argue it is as foolish as sitting there hoping the issue is going to fix itself magically.

Edited by SenaZane

Start over on a new server as some suggested ...

Not going to happen for a number of reasons.

I got to much invested. It took me more than a couple of months just to get one Repub character in full DR PVP gear. That was a LOT of losses stacked on top of a LOT of losses. The Imp characters weren't anywhere near this bad to gear up, but the whole issue is that the Repub faction is a dying bread. Starting over would only be even a reasonable viable option if you start over on the Imp faction.

Then there is my stronghold. All total, I probably have 40 - 50 million invested in the place. Hell if you assume 70k / decoration (which would be a low ball estimate) I have spent over 35 million in items alone. That doesn't even include the cost of the stronghold itself. and there is only about a dozen items left to get before my Nar Shaddaa stronghold is "done".

And then there is the starfighter upgrades, the multiple classes at max level, and the hundreds of thousands spent in comapnion skills, gear, and happiness.

All total that equals to a huge investment that some players would just shrug off with a casual "start over" comment. The days where I could spend more hours each week gaming than I do sleeping or working have long come to past. Real life means I measure my gaming time in minutes these days and not hours.

As to the comment about paying to transfer ... yeah right. Like I am going to pay BW to move off the server that they forced me on to begin with in the last server merger Had I been given an opportunity to decide my characters' fate, I would have researched a little bit before making a decision. Had it been my choice I might view this option differently. But paying a company to undo a change that they themselves force on me ... not going to happen. They offer a merger choice ... that is different.

Indeed. EA likely doesn't give much thought to swtor. But the devs of this game should care more about its longevity, as "some" of them will be out of a job when this game ends. I know "I" will be leaving for Battlefront as soon as I can buy my way into beta lol. I seriously doubt if I will bother to try coming back. Too many times I'm left smh at the developers of this game...and that's been since beta. :confused:

I'm in the same boat. I love MMOs, but once I have Battlefront 3, I don't see myself coming back here.

Servers are dying and people are leaving, the devs should all be fired and a new group come in and fix this crap. 3.2 will tell if I unsub or not. Anything would be better than this. Slingers and ranged in gen in freaking pvp is garbage and running melee in ops sucks just as bad. Geebus, what a mess.:mad:

Ranged is bad? L2P

Servers are dying and people are leaving, the devs should all be fired and a new group come in and fix this crap. 3.2 will tell if I unsub or not. Anything would be better than this. Slingers and ranged in gen in freaking pvp is garbage and running melee in ops sucks just as bad. Geebus, what a mess.:mad:

What? Operatives at least concealment are one of the better melee DPS.

Damn what the hell happened to this server? I know I haven't played in a few months but man this server completely died. Prime time the fleet on imp side barely had 70 people and pub side was like 30..... BW its probably time to let that server shut down and just merge it lol.

The server was full of premade losers trolling the regs. Are you really surprised PvP died ? :D.

Edited by Bobbafatter