PSA: Changes to Stronghold Titles Coming in 3.1.2 Tomorrow

EricMusco

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This statement is coming from the person that has "Support Legacy Datacrons" at the top of their signature. So you want a QOL perk when its comes to gathering datacrons, so you just get them all on lets say one toon and it unlocks for your whole legacy but you frown upon this same QOL method for pvpers even though unlike your perk where you grind it one time and you are done we as pvpers have to continue to grind comms to purchase labels for other toons. Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.

Read the rest of my comments. I've said I have no problem with the fact that people swapped PvP comms, it seemed to fix a problem. I also totally support a QOL improvement to allow PvP'rs this feature. My point was that people were exploiting an unintended consequence and it's going away. While I have no issue with it, clearly the devs do, I'm not saying that right, but it's what they feel they need to do. I also think they should post their reason. But anyway, what would be hypocritical would be if there was an exploit to copy your datacrons to other characters and I took advantage of that but yet posted this as an exploit.

How many knew of it ?

ALL PvPers or only some ?

Rather the hardcore PvP players or all casuals, too ?

Dumb post.

The part you quoted was part of a larger point that the only thing from 3.0 that benefited the pvp community as a whole wasn't even intended.

As for your questions, the information was out there. It wasn't a well guarded secret by any means.

Unsubbed and Uninstalled. I am simply appalled with Bioware's logic. Once again Bioware shows that they care little for what pvper's think in this game. I am done.

Bye Felicia.

At any rate, being able to share comms across characters is a problem. Taking your highest geared and rolling through operations or pvp or whatever and then sending comms to another character defeats the entire idea of character progression.

Admit it. You just wanted an easy way to gear (not that this game is hard to gear at all).

ZOMG THEY TUK OWT MUH EAZAYY GEARIN N IMMA CRYYY.

Get over it and either play the *********** game or legitimately quit. We do not care either way.

Edited by maverickmatt

To me right now it's very important to hear from the devs how we are intended to gear our toons pvpwise. The game itself encourages alting, Bioware encourages alting. I'm assuming everyone agrees that gearing all our toons (even if it's just 2!) to full top pvp gear is... well... too grindy and it takes too long. PvPers really deserve a better solution. Bioware was too eager to take this from the player base (didnt even wait for 3.2 to go live) and will probalby (if ever!) take too long to offer an alternative to allow us to gear.

I wish I didnt but cant help feeling very disappointed with what was done and how we were treated (to the point that I dont even look to my 'warzone queue' icon).

Regarding the OP... I like to believe that yesterday there was nothing more that could be said (although there were already 2 threads on the PTS forums and another one on the PvP forums regarding this change so yes I think we were entitled to more). Today, after 21 pages, things have changed and i think it's past time we hear a better explanation from whoever was responsible for this decision.

To me right now it's very important to hear from the devs how we are intended to gear our toons pvpwise. The game itself encourages alting, Bioware encourages alting. I'm assuming everyone agrees that gearing all our toons (even if it's just 2!) to full top pvp gear is... well... too grindy and it takes too long. PvPers really deserve a better solution. Bioware was too eager to take this from the player base (didnt even wait for 3.2 to go live) and will probalby (if ever!) take too long to offer an alternative to allow us to gear.

I wish I didnt but cant help feeling very disappointed with what was done and how we were treated (to the point that I dont even look to my 'warzone queue' icon).

Regarding the OP... I like to believe that yesterday there was nothing more that could be said (although there were already 2 threads on the PTS forums and another one on the PvP forums regarding this change so yes I think we were entitled to more). Today, after 21 pages, things have changed and i think it's past time we hear a better explanation from whoever was responsible for this decision.

1. Logical thinking was responsible for this decision.
  2. PvP gearing is fine. It is not too slow nor is it too fast. It is comparable to PvE gearing.
  3. So sorry this isn't CoD

1. Logical thinking was responsible for this decision.
  2. PvP gearing is fine. It is not too slow nor is it too fast. It is comparable to PvE gearing.
  3. So sorry this isn't CoD

I would agree but upgrading gear in PvP is completely useless. There is no new content that requires 198. It's the same opponents forced to get the same level again.

Edited by Aetideus

which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend.

Quick question.

Is it intended for PvE Basic Commendations to be able to be moved around? If it isn't intended, is this something that is also going to be addressed at some point in the very near future?

*looks at alts he intends to gear to play the game*

1. PvP gearing is fine. It is not too slow nor is it too fast. It is comparable to PvE gearing.

Actually, you can gear yourself in Token 198s in ~40 hours (give or take a little bit) and also min / max.

Takes a lot longer to gear yourself fully and min / max PvP gear, not only do you have to grind the basic set first for trading upwards, you then have to grind Ranked Commendations. I'll give you a small clue, it's longer than ~40 hours.

So no, there is no comparison. I could fully gear myself in Token 198s much faster if I chose to do that, it would also be easier to do purely for the fact that I could get the basic gear in no time at all due to being able to transfer PvE commendations over as well as fully min / max in less than an hour to start off the process.

You start PvP with 2 pieces of gear, unless you've been buying / selling PvP weapons continuously.

It's not comparable to PVE gearing. PVE doesn't have the shell turn-in requirement. There is no barrier to acquiring higher level gear. You could transfer a complete set of 192 token gear to a fresh 60 and that toon would have no issues acquiring 198 token gear moving forward. If you transferred over a set of exhumed to a fresh 60 you couldn't upgrade to DR without regrinding the exhumed shells. That tedium doesn't exist in PVE.

Know what you are talking about if you are going to get snarky with people.

Chuuch.

Bronson.

Hey PvPers,

Heads up on a change that some of you spotted as being in Game Update 3.2 on PTS, it is actually a part of 3.1.2 which is coming tomorrow. The change is around three Stronghold titles, which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend. Here are the changes:

The following Stronghold Titles are now Bind on Pickup:

• Stronghold Label: Imperial Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Republic Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Starfighter's Lounge

If you have any of these titles unbound, they will bind to you as of tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric

So, just what in the hell am I supposed to spend comms on now between 10-59? I mean you're going to get rid of that nasty 2750 cap now right?

Or give PvP gear at different tiers? Or remove the Valor rank 40 requirement from exchanging to Ranked Comms?

Jesus. Do these *** hat devs have a list of every way people mitigate stupid mechanics and decide to work on those instead of real issues?

At any rate, being able to share comms across characters is a problem. Taking your highest geared and rolling through operations or pvp or whatever and then sending comms to another character defeats the entire idea of character progression.
Or, gasp, we used them to store comms to get around that stupid 2750 limit. As I was PvPing from 10-59 I hit that cap 6 times. Just what in the blue f*ck am I supposed to spend those comms on? There's NOTHING worth it.

Or perhaps they can do like they used to, and let you buy things no matter what level you were, and just not be able to equip them till level. I could buy max level gear, and just store it.

Edited by DurdensWrath

So...you take away recruit gear, give us a broken bolster system and then take away the only thing that makes it tolerable. I can't tell if you are trying to drive players away from PvP or if you just enjoy frustrating us.

Why does it matter if we want to transfer our comms to a different character? It's still ME that is working for them. It's not as if I am buying my way into a full set of PvP gear without lifting a finger so I just don't get it. "Quality of life" doesn't make it's way into your decision making in any way shape or form, does it?

Why did I come back to this game...

They don't care that the ability to transfer comms between your characters is good for the game. All that matters to them is that it wasn't "intended", and since anything that they didn't intentionally come up with is inferior, it has to go.

They don't care that the ability to transfer comms between your characters is good for the game. All that matters to them is that it wasn't "intended", and since anything that they didn't intentionally come up with is inferior, it has to go.

They really have a butthurt approach to ideas that don't originate with them. Like the worst of middle-managers.

They are getting things outside of their intended behavior, toons that didn't earn them are getting PvP comms. It's a softer exploit because PvP was done to obtain them, but it wasn't the toon that received them.

Nope, I'm staying right here. Since you're going to personally attack me over and over again I have a right to stay and defend myself.

So high and mighty jackhole. What am I supposed to buy with my comms as I legitimately level and hit the cap extremely early? 2750 is damn low, and there is NOTHING worth buying with comms as it relates to PvP, because it's all either tied to valor (which you can't get at a low level) or level ( which you wouldn't have).

Admit it. You just wanted an easy way to gear (not that this game is hard to gear at all).

No way man, you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Try to get Ranked gear during season and then tell me how much it took.

Hint: a lot of time. During season you don't want to enter Ranked without having full Dark Reaver gear, meaning that you have to get gear by converting regular warzone commendations (at a 3:1 rate). Plus, you need to buy Exhumed gear first ebcause you need to turn them back in.

Quick math (without talking about min/maxing, just to make things easier, and hoping that I not left any piece behind):

• Full Exhumed Set: 12500 regular commendations
  • Full Dark Reaver Set: 28975 ranked commendations = 86925 regular warzone commendations

Now, doing dailies + weeklies, you can get 2300 regular commendations and 500 ranked commendations each week. Add 150 commendations per each game played and, if you win them all, you'll have 3150 more regular commendations.

So, the total is 5450 regular and 500 ranked commendations each week.

Converting Ranked commendations into regular will allow you to get almost 6000 regular commendations each week, meaning that you will need a little more than 2 weeks to get your gear which is totally fine.

But coming to Ranked gear here's wehre the magic comes: you can convert that 5450 regular commendations to ranked, having a pool of 2316 Ranked commendations per week.

This means that you will need the insane amount of 37.5 weeks to finish your set.

Luckily we had pre season to gear up using ranked games and this helped a lot, but given that there won't be a preseson between S4 and S5 and that I don't want to play Ranked with my alt because I don't want to ruin other people's game, can you please tell me how am I supposed to gear him for then next Ranked season if I can't transfer commendations from my Ranked toons?

Just in case you missed it, we're talking of a 37 weeks long grid, are you still sure that getting Ranked gear is easy?

Edited by StepTNT

Why all of guys that keep winning about ''hey i want easy comms'' dont stop playing? Gosh jsut pvp and u will gety your damn comms. Why dont u ask Biowre to jsut give u the exhumed gear huh?

Spell check is provided for you free of charge. Why don't you take advantage of it?

No way man, you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Try to get Ranked gear during season and then tell me how much it took.

Hint: a lot of time. During season you don't want to enter Ranked without having full Dark Reaver gear, meaning that you have to get gear by converting regular warzone commendations (at a 3:1 rate). Plus, you need to buy Exhumed gear first ebcause you need to turn them back in.

Quick math (without talking about min/maxing, just to make things easier, and hoping that I not left any piece behind):

• Full Exhumed Set: 12500 regular commendations
  • Full Dark Reaver Set: 28975 ranked commendations = 86925 regular warzone commendations

Now, doing dailies + weeklies, you can get 2300 regular commendations and 500 ranked commendations each week. Add 150 commendations per each game played and, if you win them all, you'll have 3150 more regular commendations.

So, the total is 5450 regular and 500 ranked commendations each week.

Converting Ranked commendations into regular will allow you to get almost 6000 regular commendations each week, meaning that you will need a little more than 2 weeks to get your gear which is totally fine.

But coming to Ranked gear here's wehre the magic comes: you can convert that 5450 regular commendations to ranked, having a pool of 2316 Ranked commendations per week.

This means that you will need the insane amount of 37.5 weeks to finish your set.

Luckily we had pre season to gear up using ranked games and this helped a lot, but given that there won't be a preseson between S4 and S5 and that I don't want to play Ranked with my alt because I don't want to ruin other people's game, can you please tell me how am I supposed to gear him for then next Ranked season if I can't transfer commendations from my Ranked toons?

Just in case you missed it, we're talking of a 37 weeks long grid, are you still sure that getting Ranked gear is easy?

absolutely 100% THIS. rock>scissors and math>silliness

Interesting discussion, never used the exploit and have pvped since launch, never used a premade or win trade and never personally used any other exploit or hack. Ive managed to solo regs til the current gear. Was it painful hell yes, was it worth it ? I feel Ive earned it honestly and without any assistance. so on that I say yes.

I say the title is a exploit wasnt intended but as players used to using it they felt it was okay. But then some see using other exploits and hacks is okay too so what are you going to do.

I guess for some rage quitting is the answer. As we all know the squeaky wheel gets the oil in this game so we'll see where this drama goes.

but really suck it up princess...exploits arent guaranteed or allowed and I say hell ya be glad they dont ban ya.

Interesting discussion, never used the exploit and have pvped since launch, never used a premade or win trade and never personally used any other exploit or hack. Ive managed to solo regs til the current gear. Was it painful hell yes, was it worth it ? I feel Ive earned it honestly and without any assistance. so on that I say yes.

I say the title is a exploit wasnt intended but as players used to using it they felt it was okay. But then some see using other exploits and hacks is okay too so what are you going to do.

I guess for some rage quitting is the answer. As we all know the squeaky wheel gets the oil in this game so we'll see where this drama goes.

but really suck it up princess...exploits arent guaranteed or allowed and I say hell ya be glad they dont ban ya.

So exactly what did you do with all the comms you got from leveling during pvp? Oh, I mean the few you could get till you hit the abysmally low cap of 2750?

Because this sweet little trick allowed me to not waste comms as I levelled. But screw me, right?