PSA: Changes to Stronghold Titles Coming in 3.1.2 Tomorrow

EricMusco

It's not that bad, learn what gear bolsters best, and use that.

I.e. Don't go in with all purple Rishi stuff because it bolsters terrible, I think the Makeb modded stuff gives you almost 40K health and 1900 something expertise. That's competitive. Game the bolster system a little for the week it takes to earn a set of standard Exumed PVP gear.

you really should not need to do this. i'm not criticizing your suggestion. it's just frustrating nonsense that you have to research all this stuff at the entry level of pvp. perhaps counter-intuitive is a more appropriate description.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really should not need to do this. i'm not criticizing your suggestion. it's just frustrating nonsense that you have to research all this stuff at the entry level of pvp. perhaps counter-intuitive is a more appropriate description.

where it's even more F'd up is for main/off hands, need 162 + 156 + 140, cos pure 162 will not give you maxbolster

It wasnt intended to be used like this the legacy label........andw e already have the legacy gear that u can send to alts........man u just want to smash your head on your keyboard and get comms. TOO BAD if u r getting destroyed in pvp when u hit lvl 60, but that is the way in every game. At this game u can still get some legacy gear and send over. Now im goin to get ready to listen all '' ah but i need the shell to get dark reaver gear '' well buy the exhumed gear, tkae the mods and use them with your comp. What u just want a free full set of exhumed gear at lvl 60? Grow up.

Goodbye PvP. Hardly any reason now to play at low levels and just throw comms away. I was at least able to use them to help upgrade my 60s.

And, of course, I love how Eric disappears after he posts something that obviously nobody likes and won't even give their reasoning for doing it.

I'm for legacy wide commendations, but I'm also for a bolster system that protects new players more and doesn't hurt them if they don't know how it works like it is now.

I think the difference is in PvP people are directly competing with other players, so it affects/turns off the new players more. Switching over PvE coms to an alt allows the alt to leapfrog progression which doesn't really hurt the new players entering PvE.

All of the pvp guilds used it right out of the gates and I just recently learned about it and thought "hey cool! wish I had known this 8 months ago" and of course when people start to use it "we can't just let EVERYONE use it" so they nerf it. Of course the hardcore pvp'ers were allowed to gear up as fast as possible. I geared up my mains the hard way. Not doing it again after this change.

These days I level up my lowbies through pvp. Those comms stack up faster than you think and switching those comms over was a good way to spend them rather than buying medpacks etc when I don't need them just so I'm not completely wasting comms or exceeding the limit. With this I'm less inclined to pvp on lowbies and I'm guessing a lot of people are thinking the same thing, so now you're going to get more complaints about the Queue not popping because you decided to fix something that encouraged people to pvp more.

Hey PvPers,

Heads up on a change that some of you spotted as being in Game Update 3.2 on PTS, it is actually a part of 3.1.2 which is coming tomorrow. The change is around three Stronghold titles, which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend. Here are the changes:

The following Stronghold Titles are now Bind on Pickup:

• Stronghold Label: Imperial Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Republic Sanctuary
  • Stronghold Label: Starfighter's Lounge

If you have any of these titles unbound, they will bind to you as of tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric

So are you guys going to make it so we can't transfer Basic Comms via legacy? All you have to do is buy inheritance gear from Black Hole or Section X for Basic Comms, chuck it in your legacy bank and redeem it on an alt.

I know some may not think Basic Comms are a big deal, but think about it. We were using our lowbies to transfer WZ Comms to gear our mains for PvP but we can use our 192-198 geared mains, who have no need for Basic Comms, and send the Basic Comms to our lowbies to keep them geared while leveling? It's effectively the same thing, yet Bioware don't care.

Why nerf one game modes ability to transfer comms, but no the other? It's stupid.

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Goodbye PvP. Hardly any reason now to play at low levels and just throw comms away.

So stacking WZ medpacs/adrenals so you won't have to worry about them as you're gearing at 60 is throwing them away?

Buying credit cases to essentially get "free" money is throwing comms away?

Converting to Basic comms to help you keep your gear up to date, especially important if you ONLY Level through PvP, is throwing comms away?

While this change is stupid and I can't think of a reason for it, your post was completely asinine and had an extreme amount of, well, extremism on to the degree of affect that this change will have.

Given the imbalances in classes, given the fact that people get bored with playing a particular toon, why in the heck would you take away something that allows the already dwindling pvp base a chance to gear up alts faster and maybe have them want to continue playing?

You should be doing everything possible to give those who pvp the inclination to continue doing it. Having to get stomped as a fresh 60 with no gear doesn't sound like any incentive to continue.

Goodbye PvP. Hardly any reason now to play at low levels and just throw comms away. I was at least able to use them to help upgrade my 60s.

And, of course, I love how Eric disappears after he posts something that obviously nobody likes and won't even give their reasoning for doing it.

ya the i am hiding mentality is getting real old Eric did it on the slot machine he did it on the ravager bug now he hiding here. He new people would be pissed rather then goto the devs and say this he just hide you wont most likely see a post from him on this mater again.

So stacking WZ medpacs/adrenals so you won't have to worry about them as you're gearing at 60 is throwing them away?

Buying credit cases to essentially get "free" money is throwing comms away?

Converting to Basic comms to help you keep your gear up to date, especially important if you ONLY Level through PvP, is throwing comms away?

While this change is stupid and I can't think of a reason for it, your post was completely asinine and had an extreme amount of, well, extremism on to the degree of affect that this change will have.

Hmm. Let's see:

WZ medpacks / adrenals - Have plenty of those, don't need any more.

Credit cases - I have plenty of credits

Basic Comms - I have full legacy gear spread out every 4 levels for leveling. Not to mention the tons of unused basic comms on all of my 60s.

I approve. This is for the best.

Nobody knows who you are. You sound like a pver. This hardly changes anything than inconviencing pvpers even more than they already have. You pvers already get enough stuff, why do you ruin the one good aspect of pvp grinding? Now this will be the only pvp update for the year....

And yet we can still move Basic Comms around between toons freely...

Bolster through PvE gear wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so complex for people new to the system. Bolster itself is crap, has been crap and until it is changed or fixed will continue to be crap.

Instead of fixing the use of stronghold titles for moving WZ comms, maybe you should look into WHY people were moving WZ comms.

I can guarantee comms were being moved from low level PvP toons to level cap toons, because it is easier to gain entry into PvP through low level toons.

Here's an idea...how about letting people buy starter WZ gear with Basic Comms? We get a ton of the things and no one really has use for them in end game. If we can use them for 186 PvE gear, why can't we use them for starter PvP gear too?

Just another bit of proof that this Dev team hasn't a clue.

Here's an idea...how about letting people buy starter WZ gear with Basic Comms? We get a ton of the things and no one really has use for them in end game. If we can use them for 186 PvE gear, why can't we use them for starter PvP gear too?.

this is a very good and valid point. it doesn't eliminate the grind in pve. and it wouldn't eliminate BW's precious grind in pvp either. but it would fix a lot of the gear related problems in regs (i.e., entry level pvp)