Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

:O this website is so out of date! What happened to the Holonet?

DartDaya

The holonet seems to have been forgotten!

• Flashpoints haven't been updated since level 50

The operations page hasn't been updates since TFB

Warzones page hasn't been updated

There's nothing about GSF!

Planets and galaxy map hasn't been updated

Poor Treek hasn't been added to companions list

Crew skills only show up to level 400

"Elder game guide" still shows 168 gear as the top gear

How do you expect to bring new players in when your website is out of date? What if people think about retuning to the game and check out the holonet and see nothing has been updated the last time they were here??

Seriously, from an AAA MMO that has had major success from the cartel market you'd at least expect their website to be updated!

Edited by DartDaya

Seriously, from an AAA MMO that has had major success from the cartel market you'd at least expect their website to be updated!

This game is far from a Triple A MMO and as such is being treated like one. All the signs are there that the developers are now doing very little to milk every single penny they can. #bangoutofideas

Um what exactly do you mean by a AAA MMO?

SWTOR is that kind.

In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion.

To OP:

They promised to update it soon™.

Edited by unibim

wow, people really like their posters to be updated...of all the things to witch about in this game, the website wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

I really wonder sometimes if people are living in perfect worlds where their own house is in perfect condition not a thread out of place to throw stones and point out the shortcomings of everyone else.

This game is far from a Triple A MMO and as such is being treated like one. All the signs are there that the developers are now doing very little to milk every single penny they can. #bangoutofideas

Doom and gloom. The sky is falling. Everything is going to end. We will die horrible deaths. Did I miss anything?

wow, people really like their posters to be updated...of all the things to witch about in this game, the website wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

I really wonder sometimes if people are living in perfect worlds where their own house is in perfect condition not a thread out of place to throw stones and point out the shortcomings of everyone else.

You're defending bioware about this? really?

You don't think marketing material needs to be current huh? Still posting links to your "myspace" page?

It's a digital update, it should take 30min max and it should be done with every update. It's not like Bioware is unfamiliar with the digital era, their entire BUSINESS is built on a digital foundation...I can understand my dentist not updating their web page, I don't think my local mechanic even has one, but this is a 100% digital entity...it really should be up to date.

You're defending bioware about this? really?

You don't think marketing material needs to be current huh? Still posting links to your "myspace" page?

It's a digital update, it should take 30min max and it should be done with every update. It's not like Bioware is unfamiliar with the digital era, their entire BUSINESS is built on a digital foundation...I can understand my dentist not updating their web page, I don't think my local mechanic even has one, but this is a 100% digital entity...it really should be up to date.

not defending, just realistic that of all the things we need to worry about, the digital poster is probably low on the list. WE complain when there isn't feedback, would you rather they be spending their times reading the forums and interacting with the community, or updating the web pages?

sure its easy, and its simple, it also isn't free time and money are a finite resource that can probably best be allocated elsewhere.

The holonet has been discontinued due to parental complaints about too many children rotting their brains out watching mindless holodramas all day.

i"Smart"phones and children, now there's a brilliant concept. :csw_jabbapet:

The challenges of positive parenting never cease to amaze me.

Edited by Mavolio

not defending, just realistic that of all the things we need to worry about, the digital poster is probably low on the list. WE complain when there isn't feedback, would you rather they be spending their times reading the forums and interacting with the community, or updating the web pages?

sure its easy, and its simple, it also isn't free time and money are a finite resource that can probably best be allocated elsewhere.

You act like it takes some specially skilled SWTOR Master Level Designer to change the web page...it doesn't.

And it's not like they're going to post less because of the web page update...they already post a pittance. Even if it DID lower their ability to post, it's not like it would be noticeable.

I strongly disagree with you on that one. I think that having an up-to-date website is key for marketing. And the marketing department of this game is surely not involved in the coding of the game, so no ressources get taken away from the game itself.

Someone is obviously doing the marketing. We know it because we get marketing e-mails etc. There should be at least one person being in charge of that and whoever that person is, has been doing a very bad job with the website for a long time. This should be a priority for the marketing team / person in my opinion.

I strongly disagree with you on that one. I think that having an up-to-date website is key for marketing. And the marketing department of this game is surely not involved in the coding of the game, so no ressources get taken away from the game itself.

Someone is obviously doing the marketing. We know it because we get marketing e-mails etc. There should be at least one person being in charge of that and whoever that person is, has been doing a very bad job with the website for a long time. This should be a priority for the marketing team / person in my opinion.

Not just marketing, it confuses new/returning players who keep asking about gear (which only mentions HM TFB/SV) and Skill Trees (which don't even exist).

Not just marketing, it confuses new/returning players who keep asking about gear (which only mentions HM TFB/SV) and Skill Trees (which don't even exist).

The fun part is that the guide mentions an operation that according to the Holonet doesn't actually exist.

Genius. Pure genius. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Not that I wouldn't like to see an up-to-date site, but isn't it possible a 3rd party was contracted to make and update swtor.com, but the deal wasn't renewed after the game went F2P?

Perhaps it's not possible to update much of the website without violating a past agreement, etc., and EA doesn't want to spend them dollars to contract those folks again.

On the other hand, maybe the PvP team is handling it. :p

Edited by arunav

The holonet seems to have been forgotten!

• Flashpoints haven't been updated since level 50

The operations page hasn't been updates since TFB

Warzones page hasn't been updated

There's nothing about GSF!

Planets and galaxy map hasn't been updated

Poor Treek hasn't been added to companions list

Crew skills only show up to level 400

"Elder game guide" still shows 168 gear as the top gear

How do you expect to bring new players in when your website is out of date? What if people think about retuning to the game and check out the holonet and see nothing has been updated the last time they were here??

I do agree that the website should be regularly updated. It would make Bioware look more professional as a whole, and allows both current and future members to access information about the game.

People don't pay me to sit on my couch and eat Cheetos either. That's a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.