Feeling like a single player open world game atm

Carinyc

Been queuing for multiple flashpoints and planetary locations for several hours... just got told to solo a heroic

Is the community dead now or what?

You got a reply at least...so it's dying, not dead. And yes...it seems to be very dead these days.

You got a reply at least...so it's dying, not dead. And yes...it seems to be very dead these days.

It's a shame, this game was fun back in the day when it was more popular. The whole point of playing MMO's is to play with other people, guess I'll move onto another game now then.

It's a shame, this game was fun back in the day when it was more popular. The whole point of playing MMO's is to play with other people, guess I'll move onto another game now then.

To be fair, a lot of us only play this because it's KOTOR 3 and couldn't care less that it's an MMO.

Been queuing for multiple flashpoints and planetary locations for several hours... just got told to solo a heroic

Is the community dead now or what?

If you're queueing as a DPS it will take a while. Tanks less time although the low level queues are not that populated.

Also remember it's Friday morning if your on a US server so many people are at work right now.

Edited by FerkWork

You need to consider when you are playing it is mid day in the us right now kids are in school and most people are at work. The game changes in population depending on the time of day you play. Prime time is after dinner in your time zone.

Don't go yet...it's the middle of the day. What server are you on and what level are you? The games still fun to play and has enough players on most servers that you should be fine.

People have to remember a few things.

First is server pop. If You're on a server that has a lower pop then say Harbinger it's going to be that way

Second is time Zones and time of day. Some people are either sleeping or at work.

The matter of soloing a Heroic depending on your class that is completely possible if it's a +2 and you're careful if it's a 4 man then the guy is a retard. 4 mans are not soloable unless you are way over lvl for them and by that time the rewards are worthless.

The fact it is getting harder to get groups for Heroics is why I support the idea of being able to fill empty group slots with companions.

Edited by Anaesha

Don't go yet...it's the middle of the day. What server are you on and what level are you? The games still fun to play and has enough players on most servers that you should be fine.

Red Eclipse (EU server) currently at standard traffic. Leveling up one of my chars (41) but getting bored of empty planets and no success in queues for periods of time. You say play during peak times but what does that say about the status of the player base

EDIT: Furthermore, I'm trying to remain optimistic but I have been playing since this game was released and it has never been this bad :mon_frown:

Edited by Carinyc
Edit

If you're queueing as a DPS it will take a while. Tanks less time although the low level queues are not that populated.

Also remember it's Friday morning if your on a US server so many people are at work right now.

On the Progenitor, playing with my Guardian Tank, it took me around forty minutes to get a group for Cademimu. This was last week. Fortunately, the people I got thrown with were both fun to play and knew their stuff, but forty minutes?

Frustrating, especially if you're trying to run heroics on the side on any given planet.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Has been like that since 3.0.

"Does any lvl50-55 want HK part from Foundry HM? I can help"

"You can solo it."

*facepalm*

Also most of the players are just angry or super serious. No more good groups for even KDY during leveling. By good I mean the groups that know what they are doing but you can still fool around and nobody will die or get angry, "go there kill everything, have some fun" groups.

Edited by Halinalle

The matter of soloing a Heroic depending on your class ...4 mans are not soloable unless you are way over lvl for them and by that time the rewards are worthless.

There are a number of Heroic 4s that can be solo'd depending on what they are and what class you are. If they are a heroic 4 that doesn't require killing mobs a stealth class can easily solo at most any level. A non stealth may be able to solo if they are good player and can CC / avoid mobs. If they require you to kill mobs then it's not worth the time even if you could do it. I've been able to solo a Heroic 4 that required killing mobs by finding isoloated mobs / using CC / etc. But in general doing that took a long time and several deaths, the reward didn't outway the time spent.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

On the Progenitor, playing with my Guardian Tank, it took me around forty minutes to get a group for Cademimu. This was last week. Fortunately, the people I got thrown with were both fun to play and knew their stuff, but forty minutes?

Frustrating, especially if you're trying to run heroics on the side on any given planet.

I can confirm this for The Progenitor. It feels like a ghost server at the moment (and I have seen several bad times before on this, my favourite server). If I am lucky, I get 2 GSF per hour. The only pops I get in a timely manner are the tacticals. Luckily, my guild is doing just fine and we group up, but apart from that...

Here is one indicator which should make BW worry:

This morning, there was not one pack of the new Masters delivery up for sale on the GTN. Neither a single pack nor a hypercrate. The last pack was already hard to get on the GTN, while previous packs have been on sale plenty of times, even until today. I saw one hypercrate of the new delivery for sale yesterday. That is all.

The cartel stuff which you find on the GTN massively (!) dropped since the last pack - which was the first pack after the slot machine disaster. Now I know that some people will say: Don't bring that stupid topic up again, but I have an excellent market overview, especially on the cartel items ever since the first shipment arrived. And I have never seen so few offers for cartel stuff before. It started with the last pack and this one is even worse.

Luckily for us, there are players on other servers who bought hundreds of packs for real moolah. It seems like this could be mainly a Progenitor-issue. I recently started a char on another server to see how it is there. So far, quite quiet as well.

TL;DR: At the moment, I got a bad feeling about the population on The Progenitor.

I don't know how other MMOs have gone, but except for my SW during 12xp (last of 8 ACs) I've done nothing but max level content in over 15 months (when my 7th hit 55).

So it wouldn't surprise me that in a 3+ year old MMO a lot of the people leveling are a) people that just play this as a solo kotor3 for the story or b) people power leveling their newest fotm class just to get to endgame.

Despite a lot of forum complaints I find endgame rather fulfilling which is where most of my time is spent.

Edited by bdatt

Red Eclipse (EU server) currently at standard traffic. Leveling up one of my chars (41) but getting bored of empty planets and no success in queues for periods of time. You say play during peak times but what does that say about the status of the player base

EDIT: Furthermore, I'm trying to remain optimistic but I have been playing since this game was released and it has never been this bad :mon_frown:

Jedi covenant server has very good population. But as another poster said, if you are dps, it will be a long wait for anything other then a tactical. Unfortunately, that is what happens when there is a major surplus of a certain class. 3ven if the server is populated, you will have same problem.

Shame I'm levelling imp side this time. Seems like we're on the same server around the same level. :D

I gave up flashpoints -GF groups are rarely fun -people usually just rush to the end, no chit-chat , no fooling around just target- and no matter how interesting group invitation I'm trying to make -no one responses in general chat.

I used to have some success on the rep side few months ago. Best line: help me Hero of Tython, u're my only hope -this seemed to work ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.