The Fifteen Rules of 3.0 Sorcerers (Inspired by The 10 Rules of Marauders by Xeous)

rayneneverwind

Rule #1: There is only Force Storm. No more. No less.

Rule #2: It is perfectly acceptable, as a DPS or healer, to aggro more than just the small clump of mobs your group is dealing with (poorly) and Force Barrier when the extra adds are too much for the rest of the group can handle. After all, it is called God Bubble for a reason.

Rule #3: Dark Heal is a-okay any time, any place, any where. Spamming it is even better.

Rule #4: There is no reason whatsoever your Extrication should not be on cooldown. After all, if you don't help the tanks stand where you think (know) they need to stand, who will?

Rule #5: Running low on resources? Consume when you're standing in AoE. Your healers will thank you for helping to sharpen their skills.

Rule #6: All female. All naked. All the time. No exceptions.

Rule #7: Saber Strike is completely viable. Nothing like insult to injury.

Rule #8: It's perfectly fine that revivification matches that purple circle of death over there. Totally cool to place that lovely circle next to or on top of the deathly circle as well.

Rule #9: Did the rest of the group wipe? Are the operatives and assassins in the group trying to cloak out to avoid repair bills? Go ahead and God Bubble. As long as you can. After all, the group that wipes together clears together*!

Rule #10: Are there ledges nearby? Go ahead, it's the best time to teach your friends about the magic of gravity and extrication! (Which should never not be on cooldown anyway!)

Rule #11: If you're madness, there is no other ability besides Force Lightning. Just remove everything else on your toolbar. It's complete clutter. Except Force Storm.

Rule #11.5: Actually, just remove everything besides Force Storm. Refer to Rule 1.

Rule #12: It is absolutely rational to God Bubble at 90% health. Your light armor isn't going to sew itself back together, right? And who wants to deal with those nasty repair bills?

Rule #13: If another Sorc is, god forbid, stuck in his own God Bubble, go ahead and lend a hand! A quick Extricate will solve that problem. Your sorc buddy will be sure to thank you, especially if you manage to help him land in red!

Rule #14: Of course you can take on that group of mercenaries and stealthers at the opposing objective by yourself. After all, it isn't called Flavor of the Month for no reason, no matter the level!

Rule #15: God Bubble must be channeled for the full duration. No exemptions. None.

This has been a Public Service Announcement, brought to you by the SSA (Secret Sorcs Anonymous).

This information was in no way, shape, or form, manipulated with mind tricks of any kind or with any help from Zaina.

* Results may vary.

Edited by rayneneverwind

You forgot to add spamming overload as often as possible. Especially around melee teammates.

Or when knocking back the targets will pull another group. Because sometimes the tanks just don't pull fast enough and our Force Storm dps suffers from not having enough targets.

Chain lightning is a special skill that can only be used whenever anyone in the FP or raid group CCs a target. Since it doesn't have a targeting reticle, it "doesn't count" as an AoE.

Pre 3.0, I loved running with sorc healers in FPs that used chain lightning.

10 rules of Marauders (and

) was funny and in good spirit

these 15 rules honestly just read as a bitter player lashing out for no other reason.

I do allot of flashpoints and ops as a sage and sorc and can say I can count on one hand the number of times Ive seen a sage or sorc pull the tank during battle. And I been here in game since closed beta.

So for that one to even hit someones list tells me they get pulled ALLOT because they are out of position and wiping groups (and not listening /reading requests to move to proper spot).

List wasn't overly funny or valid honestly and shouldn't be mentioned in same breath as the extremely well done 10 rules of a marauder or

I thought it was hilarious. Poking fun just the same as the 5/10 rules of maurader/sentinel.

Why?

Because it's soooo true! lol There are some good sorcs and sages out there, but I tend to run into a lot of them that are just button mashers.

Edited by btmart

10 rules of Marauders (and
) was funny and in good spirit

these 15 rules honestly just read as a bitter player lashing out for no other reason.

I do allot of flashpoints and ops as a sage and sorc and can say I can count on one hand the number of times Ive seen a sage or sorc pull the tank during battle. And I been here in game since closed beta.

So for that one to even hit someones list tells me they get pulled ALLOT because they are out of position and wiping groups (and not listening /reading requests to move to proper spot).

List wasn't overly funny or valid honestly and shouldn't be mentioned in same breath as the extremely well done 10 rules of a marauder or

^ This.

I find it funny. I don't see the OP as bitter. An exaggeration? Of course, just like the Mara list You don't see my force charging ahead of tank anywhere (also have everytime survived WB on Yavin and Torque even as ranged have been obliterated by circles or floor vents. And still I laugh at both lists as I play both classes.

We need 10 rules for all Advanced Classes. :p

correction: All sorcs must be female and must wear either XoXaan's chest wraps or Sensuous Dress

I have a female sorc and I don't wear either of those. But I assume this comment is a joke. Although with all the naked Sorc females I see on my server I don't think it is. Lol.

I learned 3 thing with these 15 rules:

1) I have a LOT (read: mischief) to learn about using extricate.

2) At wrist, I'm an average sorcerer, which is good to know.

3) I want to play my sorc. really bad now. [refer to pt. #1]

I learned 3 thing with these 15 rules:

1) I have a LOT (read: mischief) to learn about using extricate.

2) At wrist, I'm an average sorcerer, which is good to know.

3) I want to play my sorc. really bad now. [refer to pt. #1]

TOS - The corridor leading up to the Underlurker.

This is the best place in the game to practice using Extrication. I recommend using it on your healers. They will love you for this!

Rule #1: There is only Force Storm. No more. No less.

Addendum: Cloud Mind is for sissies.

Rule #6: All female. All naked. All the time. No exceptions.

Corollary: All male characters must be armored from head to toe. If he's not dressed like a walking tank, he's obviously geared wrong.