Kai Zykken...

DeLaaNie

Let me tell you. Every single time I see a writer in the hallway, I yell Kai Zykken at them or some reference to him. I love that character.

-eric

It's nice to see that fixing bugged disciplines, Ops, and side quests isn't important enough to mention but yelling things at each other in the hallway is. :rolleyes:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see that fixing bugged disciplines, Ops, and side quests isn't important enough to mention but yelling things at each other in the hallway is. :rolleyes:

Don't be an ***, Musco is a part of the community team not a Dev and the writers don't have anything to do with that either so telling writers "hey this mission is bugged and needs fixed" wouldn't do jack ****.

Yeah dude, i'm sure it should be like Soviet Russia up in there, all work no play. God forbid someone telling a joke in the work place. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because the WRITERS are the ones fixing the bugs, amirite?

Yeah, because the WRITERS are the ones fixing the bugs, amirite?

I'm quite sure what he meant was that something trivial like this gets a gold post while there is barely any communication about more important things. It's a bit unfair of course, since we don't know if Musco as a community manager could've done more to get the devs to comment on those things or not, but the toxicity here is bred by BW and their handling of affairs and no one else IMO.

I'm quite sure what he meant was that something trivial like this gets a gold post while there is barely any communication about more important things. It's a bit unfair of course, since we don't know if Musco as a community manager could've done more to get the devs to comment on those things or not, but the toxicity here is bred by BW and their handling of affairs and no one else IMO.

Agreed...especially with the last part.

Zykken is fun the first time around.

The second and third time around though, he's a reminder of how utterly unmemorable every single character on Rishi is. Aside from Arankau -- and possibly the Slayers Three, which were underused -- I'd kill them all, and the fact is that I'd be doing Rishi and Raider's Cove a favor.

Let me tell you. Every single time I see a writer in the hallway, I yell Kai Zykken at them or some reference to him. I love that character.

-eric

I find it truly amazing how this gets a reply while serious topics on either pvp balance or fps issues remain seemingly ignored.

As with most people in a position as Musco and the other community team members they can only tell us what they are allowed to so even if he wanted to give us a play by play of what is in the works and being fixed if his boss says no he has to abide by that decision or risk losing his job.

Edited by Anaesha

My first reaction to reading this post is "This is why we can't have nice things!" If I was a dev and constantly saw posts like this, I would be discouraged from posting at all. I'm not saying we don't need things fixed or other stuff posted about, but we should not ever be discouraging yellow posts on any topic for any reason. I figure if they post enough, at some point they will post on the stuff we care about on that day.

If I get Kai Zykken as a companion before Lana Beniko, I will quit this game instantly.

I'd rather neither be companions, but smallish updates from time to time giving them more dialogue options. If you romanced Lana or Theron they will cal your holo and give you more dialogue, maybe some small side quests same with Kai and other NPC's people like (that female researcher on Makab you can romance?). Even the main companions, just give us some more story and continuity with them. The stories of SWTOR are the best part and should be easier to expand through companions and NPC's then waiting for the larger Xpacks

Don't be an ***, Musco is a part of the community team not a Dev and the writers don't have anything to do with that either so telling writers "hey this mission is bugged and needs fixed" wouldn't do jack ****.

It's about what he communicates with us, not that he yells at them. He can yell whatever he wants at whoever he wants, but this has been his only forum post in a week, and it's a joke about what he yells at someone and not a response to something important like ****ed up game balance, broken PvP brackets or bugs. There are much MUCH more important things that need a reply.

This shows how much they care. They have two and soon three community guys and they communicate less in an entire week than what a single community manager or dev of other games does in 2hrs.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

He is outrageously hilarious on pub side story line. On imp side he tries to act tough and all but on pub side his squirming is just beautiful!! :D

But no i don't want him to be a companion, i am more interested in Lana, i just wanna put that hot stuff in a nice skimpy costume :p.

Kai Zykken is indeed ... interesting. :D

"Er ist voll am sikken" means in Cologne dialect "he is very angry", it doesn't have anything to do with the English worfd "sick", but the idea is nice that there would be an connection. :D

So, to me, Kai Zykken is just "the kind of sick guy". :D

I wish I could write characters like him. But - alas ! - humour and strange behaviour is something I just can't write - yet.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

It's their job as community manager. If you get butthurt from people complaining about your game you got the wrong job.

And they do...when they have something to tell us. But people like you wonder why we dont' get MORE from them...well here ya go, buttercup. Guy, who has NOTHING TO DO WITH BUG FIXES, get's chastised for making a joke.

do you get it yet?

and "butthurt" ? really? sorry I got out of grade school a long time ago...lol, great way to sound intelligent. Try using something a bit higher than highschool internet lingo if you actually want anything you say mean anything at all.

Edited by Suromir

and "butthurt" ? really? sorry I got out of grade school a long time ago...lol, great way to sound intelligent. Try using something a bit higher than highschool internet lingo if you actually want anything you say mean anything at all.

Something like "lol" for instance?

Before being critical of someones intellect based upon a forum post, perhaps you should make sure your reply is phrased correctly. Not doing so makes you look silly.