Scheduled Maintenance: March 12th, 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions about why we delayed the patch so I thought I would let you know what caused the delay. There is an issue that would cause character's with certain facial features, during conversations, to have their faces become blacked out or to appear bright pink.

We are working through getting this addressed. Tait will be updating this thread, but our plan is to have the maintenance at the previously scheduled time, tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

-eric

While they're fixing that can they also get companion hide head gear / match to chest working in cut-scenes as well? That's been broken for a looooong time :(

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions about why we delayed the patch so I thought I would let you know what caused the delay. There is an issue that would cause character's with certain facial features, during conversations, to have their faces become blacked out or to appear bright pink.

We are working through getting this addressed. Tait will be updating this thread, but our plan is to have the maintenance at the previously scheduled time, tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

-eric

I have to say, while I'm generally in favor of delaying content rather than releasing it broken, it seems to me like a very questionable choice to delay things like class balance updates, severe bug fixes, and FP and OPS difficulty and loot adjustments because of a minor graphical glitch that only affects a portion of the player base.

The Ravagers

• Lowered Torque’s health on 16-Player Story Mode.
  • Shield Squadron 1’s “Orbital Laser” and “Missile Blast” damage areas now more closely match their indicators.
  • The “Devastation” debuff tooltip no longer refers to “The Rock.”

Hmm...

Edited by FrozenGoalie

Hey folks,

-eric

It could have been an incredible sight, seriously!!! :D Can't believe you pushed patch back a day for that, you should have put it in game. I could have sang "pink is the color of life...." :D

Hey folks,

Patch notes are now available.

-Tait

I think you guys messed up on the notes, its okay though here's the correction:

Sith Warrior

Marauder

Has been removed from the game. In addition to this, we have converted all Marauders into Juggernauts. Please feel free to choose a ranged class so you can further enjoy our content with no issues if the Juggernaut advanced class doesn't suit your play style.

:rak_03:

Hey folks,

Heh, that old bug again. I still remember it from beta. I hope you got it sorted again. :)

I think you guys messed up on the notes, its okay though here's the correction:

Sith Warrior

Marauder

Has been removed from the game. In addition to this, we have converted all Marauders into Juggernauts. Please feel free to choose a ranged class so you can further enjoy our content with no issues if the Juggernaut advanced class doesn't suit your play style.

:rak_03:

love it :rak_03:

The Ravagers

Lowered Torque’s health on 16-Player Story Mode.

Shield Squadron 1’s “Orbital Laser” and “Missile Blast” damage areas now more closely match their indicators.

The “Devastation” debuff tooltip no longer refers to “The Rock.”

Shield Squadron Unit 1 is Battle of Rishi flashpoint final boss.

And Devastation is the Temple of Sacrifice's Underlurker boss stuff.

If you guys cannot or just plain don't feel like putting the effort into Sentinels/Marauders anymore just remove them and focus on the rest.

Sounds like they are giving PVP Sents and Marauders something they had been asking for. Why is that a negative?

Hey folks,

-eric

Well, until you manage to screw up like Ubisoft, I think that a slight discoloration would be fine

1.The marauder/sentinel changes are intended to improve their mobility problems in pvp, but don't actually accomplish that.

2. They made two new utilities that should be baseline.

How is this patch meant to improve the class?

Edited by Projawa

The following decorations have been added to their appropriate faction Starfighter and PvP Decoration vendor. They cost 5 Dark Projects and 5 Universal Prefabs MK-3 each:

Ship Computer: Imperial (Full)

Ship Computer: Republic (Full)

Why are these so ridiculously expensive? That's the price of a starship decoration. 1 Dark Project + 1 Universal Prefab is a much more reasonable price.

Why are these so ridiculously expensive? That's the price of a starship decoration. 1 Dark Project + 1 Universal Prefab is a much more reasonable price.

Usual BW troll moment really. :rolleyes:

NOT only it took them more than half a year to FINALLY introduce them, but they also found it necessary to charge a ridiculously over-the-top price for them.

Then again, as you said, the starship decorations cost as much, and players are ONLY entitled to a mini-version.

Deal keeps getting worse all the time. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would even go as far as to say that a dark project is kind of out there as a part of the price, but I would be actually willing to craft and buy these decorations for my guild's ship at he price you mentioned, 1 dark project and one uni prefab mk-3. As Darth Wicked put it so well, this is another BW classic troll moment. Now they are damned if they do and don't. If they launch at this price, and outcry and metrics show that this is just an over the top price, and they decide to lower it, there will be outcry from those that somehow feel cheated that they spent the original price. I just can't fathom what the reasoning is to some of these decisions lately. I guess ours is not to wonder why.

On a separate and slightly off topic note, though a bit similar to the above, I have a question. Just like the ship computer (full) was in our deco preview windows, there is also two others that are oddly labeled and I have not seen. They are called Republic/Imperial walkers and it says they come from the cartel mart. The deco in question is a grouping of three walkers, those of the three legged variety, as can be seen at the start of the Battle of Ilum FP. Anyone know anything about them? They are so ugly I just have to have them. Anyway, maybe we should start a separate thread for the price of the computer as I think it gets lost in amongst the rest. who knows. Cheers people, to the big bug fix patch that many have been clamoring for. Here's hoping that the patch to fix the bugs doesn't create more. Salu.