The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you happy?

what we have warned about has and is happening. Operations are full of new pugs. War Zones are flooded with bads making for a very frustrating end game experience.

sure there are some veterans that blew through levels for a new toon/class but BW move did bring in some fresh blood into the game, and it has ruined some of the gameplay.

credit spammers are everywhere as well. bringing down that huge ring did nothing but bolster them as a whole. add in x12 xp and now they have more max level gathering toons/accounts

Yep....I'm ecstatic! Why just this past weekend, I was one of those noobs in an OP! And guess what.......I SUCK AS A MELEE TANK! But strangely enough...instead of crying like a lil kid, some guy decided to give me some pointers. I even joined his guild and found out I'm a pretty decent healer. See...both of these are things I'd have NEVER done without 12XP. So imo, it's working as intended.

you happy?

what we have warned about has and is happening. Operations are full of new pugs. War Zones are flooded with bads making for a very frustrating end game experience.

sure there are some veterans that blew through levels for a new toon/class but BW move did bring in some fresh blood into the game, and it has ruined some of the gameplay.

credit spammers are everywhere as well. bringing down that huge ring did nothing but bolster them as a whole. add in x12 xp and now they have more max level gathering toons/accounts

This is the problem with MMO Communities these days. Instead of helping these people to become better at the game and their class people like you just ***** about them and act all elitist forgetting that at one time you were no different then they were.

you happy?

I was playing a bit over the weekend on a server I hadn't been on for awhile. The xeno 16 hm I pugged in had 3 chars with less than 51k health (of which I was one) , the 8 man sm had 4 chars with more than 51k. The wzs have not been chaos in mids or endgame (mids were sparse, endgame was slow). The few endgame tacticals I went in had 0 wipes and 0 deaths for my melee dps. So... what are you talking about?

you happy?

So what you're saying is that new players = a bad thing.

Noted.

Also, I'll make sure to thank YOU when the game is finally shut down since YOU were the one who didn't want new players in the game :)

I love that people who pug complain about bads. Um, if you're so great, why aren't you progression raiding in a guild? I don't remember the last time I joined a pug, and so all this influx of players does for me is make lots of new shiny new instances to switch to when I don't feel like waiting for quest objectives in mine.

you happy?

What you completely failed to realize is that the game hasn't been filled with veteran players for some time now. The veteran players keep leaving the game in droves and it has nothing to do with 12XP or new players. They simply get bored of the game and move on to other things until another big update comes along. That's MMOs work, and have for awhile now.

The situation you're complaining about has nothing to do with 12XP. It's always an eventuality for all MMOs.

Very happy! Thank you Bioware, good choice! You can't please everyone, but it's obviously just a small selfish minority who disapprove. I was not a sub and now I am a sub, and it's 100% because of this decision, so I think it was a good move for Bioware. But I think they should advertise this more, because I didn't even know about it until today. Edited by Arodin

Very happy! Thank you Bioware, good choice! You can't please everyone, but it's obviously just a small selfish minority who disapprove. I was not a sub and now I am a sub, and it's 100% because of this decision, so I think it was a good move for Bioware. But I think they should advertise this more, because I didn't even know about it until today.

You may want to go read the analytics discussions from BioWare. Evidently it was actually a very small, very vocal, minority of people who really wanted this and made use of it.

You may want to go read the analytics discussions from BioWare. Evidently it was actually a very small, very vocal, minority of people who really wanted this and made use of it.

Unless you're talking about a different interview than the one on SWTOR Network, that's not what he said.

He said about 10% were using it to race to max level on alts for end-gaming purposes, not that they weren't using it. That was in direct response to the question of "can you tell if people are leveling to get to max level quickly, or if they're leveling to enjoy the stories?" - giving the example of someone leveling an alt to 55 then making another one as one way they could tell that someone might be using 12xXP for seeing more story as opposed to getting more max-level characters to run Ops / lvl 60 WZs on.

Having 12xXP as a vehicle to enjoy the class stories was a big part of why people have been asking for it, and it seems that according to the metrics that is how many are using it.

Edited by DarthDymond

All I know is that I'm glad they are back. I missed out on it last time around. Now I can hit up story mode and not have top trudge through all the side quests I've done a bunch.

Now what class to go through first. That's the question.

Liquor, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Next patch they are revamping the PvP system to further encourage new players to participate.

My point is, get off your high horse.

EVERYONE was a newb at some point. The only way to "denewbify" is to participate and get tips from more generous folks.

If you want to avoid the newbs, then get to 2018 expertise and queue solo ranked and find a guild and run progression ops instead of using GF.

And to answer your specific question...

YES!!! very happy. I have had the opportunity to see more class stories and revisit ones I haven't played in a long time. It has given me and my friends and guildmates chances to level characters to fill roles we are short on.

Edited by psandak

EVERYONE was a newb at some point. The only way to "denewbify" is to participate and get tips from more generous folks.

This is the best way to be. Helping others rather than criticize/ostracize helps to "pay it forward" and allow everyone to have fun. I know I got a good bit of hand-holding in a very tough FP (Lost Island, pre-nerf) once and was very grateful for it. And, I've always tried to "pay if forward".

This is the best way to be. Helping others rather than criticize/ostracize helps to "pay it forward" and allow everyone to have fun. I know I got a good bit of hand-holding in a very tough FP (Lost Island, pre-nerf) once and was very grateful for it. And, I've always tried to "pay if forward".

I hate when people answer all questions with "Google" or "Google is your friend." I get if you're busy and don't want to answer, but who, in the history of ever, has that helped? Stopping to Google everything isn't fun, and it's a great way to take people out of the game.

Yeah, but, nobody who was against it has given a good argument for why it shouldn't be a thing.

Still waiting on that.

Yeah, but, nobody who was against it has given a good argument for why it shouldn't be a thing.

Still waiting on that.

Because I am selfish and feel jealous and mad when other people level ahead of me doing just class quests instead of grouping with me doing side quests and smelling the virtual roses. Otherwise, I just get upset when everyone else levels faster than me, even though it doesn't make me worse off.. I want 12x to end because... because I am selfish!

When I drive on the freeway at 40 mph and enjoy the sights, I get angry when others are blazing by me at 60 to 65 mph and getting to their destinations sooner. It is unfair to Meeeeeeeeeeeee.

12x and quick travel should be removed for the matter so everyone has to play at my speed and pace because-

Nah I'm kidding.

Edited by RoboArthurDayne
typo

I'm thrilled!

You should really just join a guild and make friends that you isolate yourself with since this bothers you so much.

I find your elitism rather humerus tbh, because that's just how MMOs go. There are always new players coming and going - good players and bad. Get use to it or find a new hobby if it bothers you, because it'll never change.

Wiping in Assault on Thyton 1st boss, even though I explain tactics, because at least half of the group isn't capable of standing under adds when they are supposed to, isn't elitism.

Wiping in Assault on Thyton 1st boss, even though I explain tactics, because at least half of the group isn't capable of standing under adds when they are supposed to, isn't elitism.

Nor is it a symptom of 12x, anyone who's bad with 12x would be bad without it, and vice versa.

"Bad" or "Don't give a $$$$" playstyle in FP/Operations don't mean 12x is the cause. It just means some players really don't care enough.

Some of us use the 12x to make different alts so we can run dailies/collect the new 192 companion gear sets (since the weekly happens... once a week) or to finally try out different builds like Sith Inquister vs Sith Assassin etc, not to hang around in op groups.

Looking up flashpoints, operations and <fill in the blank> on Google, Dulfy, TorHead or whatever beforehand would be really nice for people to do, but on the flip side, be patient with new people that have never done the mission or have not devoted a gob of time to find information. Give tips and be willing to help someone learn. Berating someone or calling them names is not going to improve their performance. Wiping is really not that big a deal since there is only the cost of repair (no stat loss, no gear loss, etc.)

Also, some people can read things all they want, but need to get into the mix and actually do the mechanics to understand what is needed. Similarly, some people need to practice what is done more often to get things right.

Yes, there are players that do not care to get better or cannot take advice or help. I have not found those to be the norm, however, and a lot of time new people just need some patience and understanding to excel.

Still waiting on that.

According to whom? You? And which title of gaming nobility do you possess that makes you an authority on what a valid argument is?

I hate when people answer all questions with "Google" or "Google is your friend." I get if you're busy and don't want to answer, but who, in the history of ever, has that helped? Stopping to Google everything isn't fun, and it's a great way to take people out of the game.

So, we should spoon feed someone who has access to all the pertinent information, but refuses to avail themselves of said access?

The old saying that if you give a man a fish he eats today, but if you teach him to fish he will never go hungry again is true.

Simply answering that player's question would be giving that player a fish and it will also reinforce the behavior of depending on others for the answers. "Google" or "Google is your friend" would be letting that player know where he can find the answers he seeks, or teaching that player how to fish.

Looking up flashpoints, operations and <fill in the blank> on Google, Dulfy, TorHead or whatever beforehand would be really nice for people to do, but on the flip side, be patient with new people that have never done the mission or have not devoted a gob of time to find information. Give tips and be willing to help someone learn. Berating someone or calling them names is not going to improve their performance. Wiping is really not that big a deal since there is only the cost of repair (no stat loss, no gear loss, etc.)

Also, some people can read things all they want, but need to get into the mix and actually do the mechanics to understand what is needed. Similarly, some people need to practice what is done more often to get things right.

Yes, there are players that do not care to get better or cannot take advice or help. I have not found those to be the norm, however, and a lot of time new people just need some patience and understanding to excel.

I am more than willing to be extremely patient with new players as they learn, but I do expect that they will first devote a modicum of time to at least have some idea of rotations, gearing, boss mechanics, etc. If they are going to simply "jump in" and expect everyone else to spoon feed them the information, then the fault is on them if they find themselves removed from group, IMO.