Producer’s Road Map 2015

TaitWatson

You specifically stated this Tux

he's just expressing disbelief that anyone who's been here since launch isn't bored too.

Now again I am not bored whether you are is a different story.

If you want to keep arguing about go ahead but I am not going to argue with you since you want to become defensive.

Have a good day.

I'm not bored either. What part of his remark makes you assume he thinks you're bored Scarlet? He simply doesn't understand how you (and me) couldn't be...to him, it's unimaginable that someone who has been here since launch isn't bored. He's not denying some people aren't, he simply doesn't understand how they aren't.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate I can't help you if you have issues with comprehension, you can focus on that word all you like but if you ignore things like context and the rest of the sentence then you are just arguing over semantics for the sake of arguing.

Me?! Dude, you specifically focused on that word in your first reply...

As I see it - If one cannot fathom how someone cannot be bored then the implication is that one believes that person should be bored ( opposite of not bored that the person couldn't fathom, not fathoming it leave only the opposite ideally ) thus one is making an assumption on what that person thinks/feels.

I'm just saying that you're understanding it wrong. If I am unable to fathom something, that doesn't mean I don't believe it exists, it simply means I can't understand...for example...I cannot fathom the size of our universe. I don't doubt the size of it, I simply cannot comprehend how massive it is.

Me?! Dude, you specifically focused on that word in your first reply...

I'm just saying that you're understanding it wrong. If I am unable to fathom something, that doesn't mean I don't believe it exists, it simply means I can't understand...for example...I cannot fathom the size of our universe. I don't doubt the size of it, I simply cannot comprehend how massive it is.

Yes but read what I wrote previously on how the statement can be INTERPRETED and also come across as showing assumptions had been made.

You really need to stick to the discussion at hand and stop with your use of the word in other contexts such as the universe or understanding.

The concept of how an assumption could be implied ( and how people can in turn interpret previous said statements ) in regards to the debate is somewhat easy to follow:

(not neccessarily verbatim, I'm not going back looking for it since I'm basically repeating myself anyway )

The statement made: "I can't fathom how founders can't be bored of the game"

What can I ( and assumedly others for them to make statements around "assumptions" also ) take this to mean is the poster assumes all founders are bored of the game because when one comes along saying they are not bored he can not fathom how that is possible. If he assumed SOME might be bored as opposed to all then that statement wouldn't really hold ground as he clearly could fathom how some could not be bored if it was not a majority ( or all in this case ) of founders who were bored in his thinking.

Likewise as I said I can turn it around somewhat further and make my own assumption based upon the above statement that he can't fathom simply because he can't be bothered to understand it. Whilst I don't think this is in any way implied or the intention of any post it can still be interpreted this way if someone were to read it as such.

It's not just 1 word, it's the entire context and discussion on a whole you need to take into consideration and stop try to pick on others over the definition of one word as you are starting to sound somewhat ignorant.

Wow... This has grown into quite the debate...

FYI I know what the word fathom means, I even checked my trusted Robert & Collins.

Now I admit I was wrong : he was not trying to speak for other persons. My apologies. But I do believe he thought he knew better than me how I, as a founder should feel about the game. And to that I say : nope, I don't feel like that and from what other founders have said since then in this thread, I'm not the only one.

You guys need to focus more on end game stuff. We need to see more PVP. Make it so our flagships can conquer other planets in space and on the war zone field feel, fighting for control over planets and resources against players from the other faction. Try and incorporate GSF in there too. Right now the conquest system feels so much like a Simulation. I dont really feel like I am fighting the other faction for the fate of the Galaxy. You are loosing subscribers cause there is not much in endgame content. No one wants to do the same boring grind operations again and again. I really love Star wars and everything the franchise has to offer which is why i hope you guys take my advice. Edited by xReaperr

I couldn't do it I had to cancel uninstall. A lot to do with my personal play time situation, and that the cost v benefit of the time that I could invest wasn't there.

TBH since I came back sometimes the game just felt like a vehicle for the store.

The best part is when I canceled I typed a lot of detailed level-headed feedback but the site made me log in again when I hit the button and I lost it all. So I was just like w/es

Meh, I'll prob be back when I have more time.

Edited by foxxecho

FYI I know what the word fathom means, I even checked my trusted Robert & Collins.

Now I admit I was wrong : he was not trying to speak for other persons. My apologies. But I do believe he thought he knew better than me how I, as a founder should feel about the game. And to that I say : nope, I don't feel like that and from what other founders have said since then in this thread, I'm not the only one.

Honestly no one cares what you believe when you pull that opinion out of thin air - what I wrote had no implication whatsoever towards your feeling - it was a specific statement of my own. How you seem determined to see that post as something speaking for you is more and more making you come of as someone who wants to pick a fight.

But who's surprised? Not me. This forum is not only full of flamers and kids, appearently the aforementioned ones are illiterate as well.

Honestly no one cares what you believe when you pull that opinion out of thin air

Hey now you're speaking for other people this time, how do you know someone in here doesn't care for my opinion after all? :D

Tell me... When you said "I guess there aren't many founders left", where did that guess come from? Out of actual numbers? Out of a recon you made on every server to check the numbers or founders left? Or did it come from, as I suspect... Thin air?

Also, I don't give a damn whether you care about my opinion or not. It's my opinion and I have a right to state it. I was actually hoping that by apologizing and admitting to being wrong the hostilities would end but apparently it takes more than that to satisfy you. What is required of me, do I have to beg for your mercy and call you the übergod of the forum?

- what I wrote had no implication whatsoever towards your feeling - it was a specific statement of my own. How you seem determined to see that post as something speaking for you is more and more making you come of as someone who wants to pick a fight.

Other people have explained better than me how your statement can easily be understood as an assumption of how other people should feel. So obviously, it's not just me.

And if after apologizing and admitting to being wrong you still think I'm here only to pick a fight... Well, I don't know what to say.

But who's surprised? Not me. This forum is not only full of flamers and kids, appearently the aforementioned ones are illiterate as well.

Be careful, I'm tempted to think you're calling me an illiterate flamer kid. But I suppose this is NOT AT ALL what you're saying and I'm just taking personally something that is aimed at no one in particular right?

Rational People: 1

Irrational People that Hug a Video Game Like Koala Bears: 0

Thank you SO much for this very interesting and well constructed point of view. I feel so utterly bad about myself after reading this....

(Yes that was sarcastic).

Edited by Darth_Furian

If this is your idea of an apology, stating that you were wrong but then repeating your accusation then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Thank you for having the spirit and energy to keep on fighting as I hadn't. Made for an amusing read!

YOU!!!! :mad: /glare

YOU started this whole debacle with your use of a 'big word' that few people seemed to understand, yet took offense to...you owe me a beer dammit! lol

If this is your idea of an apology, stating that you were wrong but then repeating your accusation then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I admitted I was wrong in accusing you of speaking for other people, as in you never said "all founder share this opinion".

I still don't think I'm wrong in thinking you're assuming to know what every founder think about this game. But hey maybe I'm wrong with that too, it's hard to tell really when we're both pulling opinions and guesses out of thin air...

Edited by Darth_Furian

So, since half of the community is Sith Inq, it seems (commercially) not a bad idea to make Ashara Zavros' species now a playable race.

I was looking at the current Leaderboards, and the first Operative is at 28, the first Scoundrel on 40. Sniper and Gunslinger are apparently, left to rot. Just as in 3.0, and 2.X. The best Marauders and Sentinels are even below them.

Balance is clearly way off...

So, since half of the community is Sith Inq, it seems (commercially) not a bad idea to make Ashara Zavros' species now a playable race.

I was looking at the current Leaderboards, and the first Operative is at 28, the first Scoundrel on 40. Sniper and Gunslinger are apparently, left to rot. Just as in 3.0, and 2.X. The best Marauders and Sentinels are even below them.

Balance is clearly way off...

PvP leaderboards don't represent the entire community. This should be obvious, no?

PvP leaderboards don't represent the entire community. This should be obvious, no?

Yes you would think it would be but the pvp is a very loud yet very small minority of the community, kinda like a chihuahua that thinks its a rottweiler .

As a result they don't seem to realize SWTOR is mainly a story driven pve/rp game with some pvp thrown in for the niche crowd

Personally I would l have liked to see more sub-content stuff on the road map

- more solo fp

-more companion quests / dialog

- New companion

Edited by _NovaBlast_

There is also differences of opinions as to what each person considers important to them.

(1) Some like pvp- Some don't

(2) Some like operations- Some don't

(3) Some like strongholds- Some don't

(4) Some want more stories- Some don't

The problem comes when people come to the forums and they don't see what they like listed they get upset and start saying the other items aren't important. They may not be important to them but they could very well be important for someone else.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and consider that before we post that a certain item is worthless.

I don't pvp so for me I would consider pvp items a waste of time but yet I know there are people that like pvp so I understand why some people would like that.

We all need to remember that when we don't see something on a list or something that we may not like, we need to consider that some one else might instead of saying why did they add that it is worthless. Everyone has different tastes and different ideas what they like.

Yep! MANY people wanted the Cathar. When they were announced, droves of players started screaming "Cathar? ******* Cathar? Nobody wants ******* Cathar! We want togruta!!!" and now lo and behold togruta have been announced... pretty soon (if not already) the forums will be filled with "******* togruta? Nobody wants ******* togruta! We want Nautolans!!!" because, while most of us are rational like you, there still is that 'vocal majority" that just wants to be contrary.

Yes you would think it would be but the pvp is a very loud yet very small minority of the community, kinda like a chihuahua that thinks its a rottweiler .

As a result they don't seem to realize SWTOR is mainly a story driven pve/rp game with some pvp thrown in for the niche crowd

- more solo fp

- New companion

You claim SWTOR is more about story than PvP, yet I don't see you getting your wish list either. When is the last time there was a companion quest? Or a new companion you had to do anything (besides buy) to acquire? How many solo FPs are in the game that are repeatable content for you?

You claim PvP is "niche", yet your own wishlist is as unfulfilled as any PvPers is.

- more solo fp

- New companion

PVP is a rottweiler surrounded by yapping, inbred, ankle-biting chihuahuas.

Tell me more about how story-driven this game is. Did you enjoy the new class story expansion where you got to make your own holocron? I sure did, it was perhaps the most interesting 15 seconds I've spent in this game in a long while.

Edited by Joesixxpack

They said: "what we have planned really gets back to the Star Wars™ fantasy at the heart of our game."

So they assumed that they wasnt doing something in the star wars fantasy.

Dumb DEVs, do you know what's on star wars fantasy? Battles REP vs Empire or Jedi vs Sith. If you want to get back into star wars fantasy you should focus on PVP, open world PVP, worlds to capture with PVP not this crap conquest where you conquer with weekly achivments. CASTLE SIEGES, new and better wz, these WZ do not feel like a war.

Truth, you copy the bad things wow have, you should copy things like alterac valley, wintergrasp, warsong, halaa.

You should copy castle siege from line age and WvWvW from guild wars.

They also said "we think it’s time that we return to our roots and what truly makes our game unique: story."

So in the spirit of story they'll make more streongholds, and more outfit to sell.

Another place to have a ridiculous story that you finish in less than a day and they says they're focusing on story, JOKE.