Producer’s Road Map 2015

TaitWatson

Other Content (PvP/PvE)

The PVP team is as busy as ever. We aren’t ready to talk about what they are working on. Please remember that this is not a comprehensive list of the whole year, or even beyond then!

-eric

what about upcoming nim mode of ravagers and tos???

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I was expecting anything at this point, but

You’re going to see a unified story, with a focus on themes that unite our eight classes

You’ll see a greater emphasis on your character’s personal history, and on the choices you make.

We seem to have a contradiction here. I'm at loss trying to think what "emphasis on characters personal history" means. The only way to take that into account would be to consider the class story, since everything else is pretty much identical between classes. Or is this some Barnum-level spin in trying to cover up that the characters get to see exact same dialog anyway because "taking personal history into account" when histories are identical results, in fact, same story for everyone?

Request: Help me understand, what is it that so many think was such a failure of SoR?

Storywise I consider it a total trainwreck. They destroyed PVP for me, force-fed us the stupid discipline system, nerfed my main character, and in general made me want to quit the game.

Income-wise it may have been a success for Bioware most likely because the expansion was bought for:

a.) 12x xp event

b.) easier ride to the new max level

(c.) some people might care about Revan )

I'm pretty sure exhibit a.) is main reason why it might have been a financial victory for Bioware.

Edited by Karkais

Our plan is to deliver two major updates with this new story direction later this year – one in the summer and the other by the end of the year.

What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon.

So what is it, is the Ziost update one of the two major updates this year or will we have three?

Also, whats major about it? It was already confirmed during the Cantina Event, 3.2 will have no Flashpoints. And of course no operations or PvP/GSF stuff.

So that leaves us with daily areas on top of what, two hour max single player 'story' content?

I hought this was supposed to be an MMO?

If i had to guess, the next 'major update' - 3.3 or whatever it will be called - will just be Nightmare Operations during the summer lull? Thats really something to look forward to.

If that is the scope of your 'major updates' this year, the game will suffer badly, Star Wars hype or not.

Now they want to save face in the midst that the movie will save there ludacris idea.

I'm fairly sure they'll be another game that ties in with the SW setting coming out around the time of the movie, that will pull pretty much most of the PvP players away from this game. Time will tell, but I have far more faith in the developers of that game to actually communicate with players based on past experience.

I really hope they dont forget about Starfight. People are still not playing that much but if they give alittle more love I think more people will play.

About that, I dont think will be a bad idea look to ideas that works great in the past, so I really think swtor team should take a look at the old SWG. The concept and mechanism there was really great special about have a unique ship. Reverse engineer? omg, was just too good to not have here. Every pilot there was constantly working on a new project to improve his ship.

why dont give warzones commendations when starfight finish too? its pvp

Edited by Eommer

After reading the roadmap article itself, and most of the responses to it I feel that I would like to say that the road map is defiantly vague sounding at this point. However that seems understandable given that many of these things are still in the creation process and mostly on the drawing board. Personally I think more story content driven by out characters is an excellent idea. It could really help to make each characters story a little more unique rather than feeling more like the carbon copies they are now. More races and strongholds, great, ability to design outfits, sounds like a good idea.

As for the complaints people, it is the same type of complaints you will see on any game board for any game what so ever. There is a certain population of gamers that seem to get the best gear, the highest level, and every thing top of line as quickly as possible. And those are the people who are always on the boards ************ about needing more content. I understand that it gets boring for them grinding the same missions over and over again. But really they have done it to themselves by choosing to immerse themselves in only one type of play or combat, and ignoring the fact the development team has literally invested years into creating an "entire world experience" to be explored. honestly why even play the game if you only want to participate in a part that consists of maybe 10% of the game itself. To the gripers I say relax, enjoy the game, maybe try something new. They will get to your content, but it takes longer to make new content than it takes you to get tired of defeating it.

The other 80% of us out here love the story line, we like our strongholds, and we enjoy the many RP venues we have available to us. But mostly we would like to say thanks for giving us a game where play styles from PVE, to RP, to PVP are all supported. We all, as fellow gamers, are happy that the developers are listening to us and not just the power PVP ers. Kudos to the development team for creating this world for us, and for continuing to try and improve it based on our feedback.

not just the power PVP ers.

I think you're kind of skewing things unfairly there.

I fit into your power PVPer category but: Have done all the stories (some mult. times), master crafting, datacrons, all planetary PVE available, all FPs loads of times, all ops except the newest ones, all world bosses, explored every map place I can figure out how to get to, etc. And that's with a casual amount of logged time.

Your choosing to play at a relatively slower and rose smelling pace doesn't necessarily mean others are content locusts.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Other Content (PvP/PvE)

The PVP team is as busy as ever.

-eric[/color]

haha what a joke your pvp team we have gotten nothing new for pvp since new hutt ball and the fact that your starting season 4 without any balancing proves that pvp is not a priority. im sure your 1 man pvp team works very hard WHAT A JOKE what has this "pvp team" been doing the last year seems like nothing since 3.0 and 3.1 have 0 pvp content

how about a pvp only paid expansion with 6 new maps 4 regular maps and 2 arena

On the contrary TUXs, I think GSH has been a huge success so far, they just need to increase the hook limits and add more houses now. I highly believe it was very profitable given decos being cm items and in packs.

Which is why I assume it will become an abandoned feature. Adding new decorations doesn't improve housing any more than adding new CM armors improve PvE or PvP.

I mean this with all sincerity and if it's taken as a jab or whatever, I've been here since release and have given you hundreds of dollars as I watched SWTOR become a stagnant and pathetic mess of an MMO. Anyway, with that out of the way, BW Austin's handling of SWTOR has been underwhelming and largely unprofessional from the very beginning. These endless vague promises about the future release of vague information about content is, at this point, not even worth the time it takes you to type them. Being 100% honest, I don't believe anything you say anymore - because I've been here since January 2012 and have seen so many unrealized promises and so much squandered potential (not to mention the countless mistakes and apprent miscommunications) that I'm just straight up sick of this crap. The two story content releases are obviously the bulk of the content coming in 2015, which I think is somewhat naive based on the fact that only releasing a handful of such content since release after touting SWTOR as the "story driven mmo" is a perfect example of one of the many, many failed promises in this game's long and sad history of those. Anything else will be in the same manner of past years, maybe one new WZ and an operation as a best case scenario. Actually, that's being too generous - you'll probably forget about that altogether and add in new niche elements to try and entice new players (GSF, SH, etc.) and only succeed at annoying and frustrating the players who've been here since release and can see that crap for what it is. My ipad has better space sims than that. My ipad.

You know what, it doesn't even matter anymore. Maybe the only reason I'm still playing when so many of my friends and guildmates gave up years ago, is that from the very beginning I saw the potential this game had and month after month, year after year I've been waiting for you as the developer to finally realize that potential and make SWTOR the game it could have and should have been. But as I'm realizing, that's just not going to happen and there's no point waiting any longer.

If forced to quote one single post in here it would be this. I guess there's not many founders left because I can't fathom how someone whose been around so long could feel any differently than this.

If forced to quote one single post in here it would be this. I guess there's not many founders left because I can't fathom how someone whose been around so long could feel any differently than this.

I am a founder and I feel differently. My opinion about the post quoted is this : if you don't think this game is worth paying for then stop paying for it. Nobody's forcing you. I did in fact cancel my sub at some point because I had done all of the classes and didn't find any reason to play any more. I resumed my sub for makeb and SoR, and if more story content is coming then will keep my sub active for a bit.

My ipad has better space sims than that. My ipad.

SW:ToR was never meant to be a space sim so I don't see how this is relevant.

Edited by Darth_Furian

I am a founder and I feel differently. My opinion about the post quoted is this : if you don't think this game is worth paying for then stop paying for it. Nobody's forcing you. I did in fact cancel my sub at some point because I had done all of the classes and didn't find any reason to play any more. I resumed my sub for makeb and SoR, and if more story content is coming then will keep my sub active for a bit.

Nothing in your answer is in disagreement with the post I quoted, you merely posted your reasons to sub for a little bit longer.

Nothing in your answer is in disagreement with the post I quoted, you merely posted your reasons to sub for a little bit longer.

Nope, but it's in disagreement with yours.

I guess there's not many founders left because I can't fathom how someone whose been around so long could feel any differently than this.

I am a founder. Tell me how I feel about the game.

You can't can you? Of course not. Stop talking like you know what other players feel. Just because you share the opinion of the majority of people posting on this thread doesn't mean you share the opinion of the majority of people paying a sub, founder or not.

Edited by Darth_Furian

I have been here prior to launch and I have never unsubbed. My boyfriend has been here just as long as well. In our guild we have quite a few founders that are still enjoying playing.

We still enjoy the game and still think it is good. Is there improvement that could be made? Probably but then again you can improve on anything you do whether it is a game or something else.

There are still things we haven't done in game as we balanced out the game with our real life responsibilities as well.

I have been here prior to launch and I have never unsubbed. My boyfriend has been here just as long as well. In our guild we have quite a few founders that are still enjoying playing.

We still enjoy the game and still think it is good. Is there improvement that could be made? Probably but then again you can improve on anything you do whether it is a game or something else.

There are still things we haven't done in game as we balanced out the game with our real life responsibilities as well.

^This.

I am a Founder but I still have several Classes I have not played yet (to say nothing of Advanced Classes or playing through the stories on different genders or alignments) and a few existing characters I have not played through Makeb or SOR with yet. Frankly this game could flat out stop releasing new content altogether and I'd still probably sub for at least another year and a half just to finish all the content I still have not played through yet.

Edited by DarthDymond

There is one other thing for the housing I would like to see added, is the ability to give a gold key to one other person. My boyfriend and I share our houses but I am the one that decorates. He gives me his ideas and I work with that but it would be more fun if he could do it as well.

^^ This I was very disappointed when I realized I could only give my wife enter access and not decorate.

How and why i am still here even though i am a founder ?

Simple, from the very beginning i never believed Swtor was an MMo, for me it's Just an RPG with a multiplayer feature, that i play with maximum 3 or 4 IRL friends and that is all.

I play Swotor as if it was kotor 3, Just for the Story, the same way i still play Kotor 1 and 2, the same Way that i play Skyrim (minus the mods).

I don't play the game all Year long, no, i navigate between multiple games, but when i come on swotor to do a few playthrough and see the new story arcs, i pay my subs, and 3 month after i get bored and switch and go to Me3 multi or Skyrim or Endless space, and then i come back...

I don't switch games because i don't like it, I actually like it very much, but since i am not treating it like an MMo, i am not staying inside full time.

Nope, but it's in disagreement with yours.

I am a founder. Tell me how I feel about the game.

You can't can you? Of course not. Stop talking like you know what other players feel. Just because you share the opinion of the majority of people posting on this thread doesn't mean you share the opinion of the majority of people paying a sub, founder or not.

That's not what his post was about. It's plainly obvious. Try reading it again but without your Helm of Emotional Investment Protection on.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Im a founder too. I unsubscribe sometimes but I always come back when newcontent is realease.

About this game not being design to have a good space content...

well, maybe not. but I think they should focus a little now. I mean, its STAR WARs. If im not wrong I saw someone important say that in every movie they add a huge space battle, after all, its STAR wars.

I love this game, maybe because I love star wars too much because all my others friends already left. who knows?

but still, I think they should focus and improve the space/ships. Look to SWG - Jump to Lightspeed expansion. Nothing wrong in copy/past some ideas from there.

I mean, if they are not going to add ships parts (armor, engine, weapon, shields, etc) to farm and equip your ships soon (exaclty like pvp armor for the character) at least add some flare/countermeasure. one skill to avoid missiles its kind ridiculous...

Edited by Eommer

PvP and Class Balance

Bruce just came by and agreed that his Producer Letter should have mentioned Class Balance and that of course we will definitely be making Class balance changes throughout the entire year and beyond!

Queueing Issues

We are still working on this. Unfortunately, I have no further updates at this time.

Other Content (PvP/PvE)

The PVP team is as busy as ever. We aren’t ready to talk about what they are working on. Please remember that this is not a comprehensive list of the whole year, or even beyond then!

-eric

Since the PvP team is as busy as ever, why was there no content in 3.0 and even on the road map? What the hell do they do on daily basis if they are "busy" :rak_02:

Also, as for class balance, I have heard of, but never seen. I have seen changes in 3.1 and 3.1.1 but they have nothing to do with class balance. More like "hmm, lets make some changes so they think we are working (3.1). Ohh! Lets nerf the PT spec that no one plays in PvP to oblivion! (3.1.1)"

That's not what his post was about. It's plainly obvious.

I guess there's not many founders left because I can't fathom how someone whose been around so long could feel any differently than this.

It's plainly obvious he believes most founders are thinking the way he does.

Try reading it again but without your Helm of Emotional Investment Protection on.

What exactly are you insinuating? Your attempt at trying to ridicule me only results in a very unclear message.

It's plainly obvious he believes most founders are thinking the way he does.

What exactly are you insinuating? Your attempt at trying to ridicule me only results in a very unclear message.

He can't fathom... How is that putting thoughts into anyone else's head? Dude you don't even make sense.

That would be cool too as my guildies think I'm quite skilled at GSH decorating and I feel like I could help them better if I had a key to their house.

I had this idea back when it launched actually and it would be awesome imo as a whole new career people could take up within game as more or less interior decorators.

I know I can't be assed coming up with an awesome stronghold but if I were able to pay someone to design.cost then actually deck out my stronghold after I signed up for it then there would be something else to use my credits for except seeing how high I can get them or cartel market pack gambling.

I had this idea back when it launched actually and it would be awesome imo as a whole new career people could take up within game as more or less interior decorators.

I know I can't be assed coming up with an awesome stronghold but if I were able to pay someone to design.cost then actually deck out my stronghold after I signed up for it then there would be something else to use my credits for except seeing how high I can get them or cartel market pack gambling.

I think that this would be an excellent idea. It could also create a new niche credit making opportunity for people. I could see it now. I know I would probably utilize help from friends, to help realize ideas for rooms. I mean, I go to some peoples SH's either by invite or maybe check out a top 3 public listing and it's obvious that some folks just have a touch and can really make a SH pop. It's quite a feat, seeing as SH's are basically a dead dollhouse, no matter how much I like them.

As for this roadmap, I have been disappointed in BW since 3.0 dropped, we don't need to rehash the issues but we all know what they are. I was feeling a bit dismal, but with Eric's clarification today that Ziost is in fact one of the major story updates and is indeed slated for not just spring, but the original April 28th patch cycle date (subject to change ) I am a bit perked back up. I am not trying to say that anyone else's issues are less then my own but if they would just fix coratanni and some of the other raid bugs, I think I can keep myself busy enough until 3.2 and also the release of NiM Ravagers.