People are using macros on slot machines..

EvenHardNiner

With the probability of obtaining that many purples out of 10,000+ coins, wouldn't you resort to macroing?

Me? Most definitely not. No decent player would. And besides, that has't got remotely anything to do with the point of what I wrote.

I reacted to your absurd claim that some people having a large number of stacks of mats for sale is proof of macro'ing.

Which it doesn't. It might arouse your suspicion, but it is not proof.

Edited by wolfyde

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if "next" is a CM "decoration" that drops the equivalent of Ultimate Comms or Valor Tokens?

Hmm... All these slot machine fans (passive-aggressive cheaters :D) - they will defend these changes to the end!

Edited by Glower

I don't have even a shred of doubt that people are using macros for clicking the slot machines. But honestly, having BW investigate into it wouldn't be a priority for me, as they're not taking away anything from other players. Using macros to click chests or rare spawns is another matter IMO.

The ones with 15+ stacks of midlithe crystals?

I have three slot machines and get in the middle of them. I literally cycle through so fast I go through 1k coins in less than an hour.

I've won over 1.5k jawa junk and I don't even do this until my kids go to bed at night, for an hour. Who tested this slot machine again? At this point I won't ever have to run a gathering mission ever again. It won't even matter if they nerf the machine or boost the gathering missions, at this point there is NO POINT to run any gathering missions outside of hearing treek scream as I log in.

Oh and on my server there is 36 Armoring for 10k..........................oh come on. That's how ridiculous this is. All those people saying it's the pack horders with their old jawa junk that did this......just shut up. Since they pretty much buchered crafting I hope the devs make their way around to kill off other parts of the game, say PVP. PVP coms, ultimate coms, and the PVP rancor as the top prize for the next slot machine. Let's just give everyone 196 gear PVE gear, 196 PVP gear, and the mount of their choice when they get to level 10. This appears to be where we are headed.

And Eric, if I was serious about grinding the slot machine I could easily get 10k of purple mats. "Have fun".....after seeing advanced 36 armoring for less than 10k I have to say all the fun left me.

They go AFK for hours and hours and hours and let the clicking do the work, I'm surprised Bioware didn't patch this in on the first day. These known "clickers" keep undercutting me because they have so much stuff to sell. I've sent in tickets but Bioware take days to respond to them.

Oh you are seriously not....

I did it a total of 5 times. 3 on one server, 2 on another.

My main reason for this is because I wanted to optimize my characters, and I was told if I didn't do the exploit I would be kicked from my raiding team entirely. That's my only reason for doing it.

I can't imagine why BioWare are taking days to respond to things, considering they've still got an exploit fiasco to sort out that players like yourself made far worse than it needed to be.

Seriously, pot meet kettle?

With all that whine about slot machines, i'd rather suppose that the only people that use macroes are the ones who creating hundreds of posts with demands to nerf slots.

Cant believe sane people would waste so much precious time of their lives for such stupid thing, they surely use macroes and forum bots to sustein that river of tiers and complains.

Edited by JainaShan

I don't think you have any room to be asking proof from anyone, when you yourself have yet to provide proof when asked.

Then there's that whole "prove a negative" thing.

"Prove you never said that!"

Okay, I'll just repeat everything I've ever said in my entire life...

But, it is against ToS - Rules of Conduct - to use macros.

Help Bioware out, by reporting folks for mis-use of the game, please try to remember to take screenshots and videos, and provide as much detail as possible, in order to help Bioware properly investigate these matters.

:ph_thank_you:

:) Does the phrase "tilting at windmills" mean anything to you? :)

Bioware has nothing to all the gold sellers, they have done nothing to all the PvP bots and cheats... (macros are FAR more useful in PvP than for a slot machine)

Honestly, you're expecting a stop to be put to it? Unless they get most of it, any actions they take will be largely ineffective.

And Eric, if I was serious about grinding the slot machine I could easily get 10k of purple mats. "Have fun".....after seeing advanced 36 armoring for less than 10k I have to say all the fun left me.

And why is that a problem? After seeing how hard gear was to obtain pre 3.0, I can see the point of this...

"Hard: as in hard for casual players who never come to the forums and are not hard core players who grind dailies"

Over and over and over, in flashpoints and ops, I'd see undergeared players... now they have no excuse... It used to be too expensive to buy the proper gear, now it won't take much and I see that as a good thing.

If the "elite" crafters all went away, the core game is still here, perhaps now with more people playing. People will craft for themselves and for their guild, but perhaps it won't be a profession where people spend hours and hours making billions of credits doing it.

I have three slot machines and get in the middle of them. I literally cycle through so fast I go through 1k coins in less than an hour.

I've won over 1.5k jawa junk and I don't even do this until my kids go to bed at night, for an hour. Who tested this slot machine again? At this point I won't ever have to run a gathering mission ever again. It won't even matter if they nerf the machine or boost the gathering missions, at this point there is NO POINT to run any gathering missions outside of hearing treek scream as I log in.

Oh and on my server there is 36 Armoring for 10k..........................oh come on. That's how ridiculous this is. All those people saying it's the pack horders with their old jawa junk that did this......just shut up. Since they pretty much buchered crafting I hope the devs make their way around to kill off other parts of the game, say PVP. PVP coms, ultimate coms, and the PVP rancor as the top prize for the next slot machine. Let's just give everyone 196 gear PVE gear, 196 PVP gear, and the mount of their choice when they get to level 10. This appears to be where we are headed.

I still roll gathering missions all the time while I'm playing the game.

But I'm starting to think that I'm alone in that.

Not in running gathering missions... But in actually playing the game

It seems that everyone saying that gathering missions are dead have decided that playing the slot machine is "playing the game" nowadays...

They go AFK for hours and hours and hours and let the clicking do the work, I'm surprised Bioware didn't patch this in on the first day. These known "clickers" keep undercutting me because they have so much stuff to sell. I've sent in tickets but Bioware take days to respond to them.

since we cant add the slot machine into our ability slots, there is no AFK clicking

and never seen any macro working in any case so far

Edited by Kissakias

since we cant add the slot machine into our ability slots, there is no AFK clicking

you can simulate mouse clicks with any "gamer" mouse these days. there is no need to put anything into the ability slots. if you do not have a gamer mouse you can donwload a software which is easy to use and simulate mouse clicks.

Edited by Neglience

There are certain programs, some even included with the purchase of a mouse or keyboard that let you set up a macro that performs a right-click every X seconds which can then be toggled on/off with a key press. Now all you would have to do is align your cursor with the slot machine and presto, you could leave SWTOR running all day and night, automatically burning through all the tokens you bought before setting it up. It's certainly no magic and really easy to do.

you can simulate mouse clicks with any "gamer" mouse these days. there is no need to put anything into the ability slots. if you do not have a gamer mouse you can donwloade a software which is easy to use and simulate mouse clicks.

have DL 2 diff progs for mouse click but couldnt make it work with machine, dont have a gamer mouse to test what you say

You know, it's interesting...on my server mats have actually gone UP in price.

No movement on crafted items either.

I'm still waiting for this impact that is supposed to come....I would actually appreciate it if folks were not selling green mats for ridiculous prices.

You know, it's interesting...on my server mats have actually gone UP in price.

No movement on crafted items either.

I'm still waiting for this impact that is supposed to come....I would actually appreciate it if folks were not selling green mats for ridiculous prices.

I seriously doubt, that augments still sell at the same price than before this patch. Players abuse the machine to get maximum profit, so they trade in their scraps for the crafting material which yields the most.

I seriously doubt, that augments still sell at the same price than before this patch. Players abuse the machine to get maximum profit, so they trade in their scraps for the crafting material which yields the most.

Augs are the same. Well, purples dropped a bit. Kits remained the same, between 46k to 53k, normal range.

I'm really not kidding. It is ridiculous, no movement at all. Either everyone is using the mats themselves and still posting at the same prices or they are hording the mats.

Either way I'm getting a bit bored with inflated material prices...I expected at least this MACHINE would put some downward pressure on the market.

Its a bit ridiculous to charge 800 per on a level 11 green mat.

Edited by LordArtemis

have DL 2 diff progs for mouse click but couldnt make it work with machine, dont have a gamer mouse to test what you say

Then you are incompetent. You should probably stop trying before you accidentally download a virus or do something else to break your computer.

No offense. This is serious advice.

That merely indicates that they have spent a lot of time at the slot machine, but even then does not prove it.

And it most definitely proves nothing about using macros.

If your definition of proof is that loose, I sincerely hope you don't have a job in law enforcement or the juridical sector.

;)

We cannot prove this but BW has the evidence if they look into it.

All they have to look for is the input of the players using these machines and if people have been sloppy and created a macro that say clicks every x seconds exactly, then that's a pretty clear indication that they are using a macro that is against the TOS, and is a permaban offence.

I find it extremely hard to believe that there wouldn't be people abusing this with a macro. Whether they're stupid enough to get caught or not is another story though.

Edited by easeyway