The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

You all are going to take this Contraband Slot Machine fiasco to the grave.

Ok, whose grave should I deliver it to? The Muskrat's?

Funny thing is, if it goes off the top 2 pages nobody has anything to say about it.

When it comes back around, many people have something to say.

So while not everyone is interested in keeping the thread and the idea that something might happen some day alive, when they see it and think about it many people do still have something to say about it (other than complain that the thread is alive or it is the reason nobody will ever see Slots again).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:

• The Contraband Slot Machine is not bugged.
  • It is 100% not an exploit to use the Slot Machine.
  • If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, that’s totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.
  • We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heart’s content!

With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun! :rak_03:

-eric

Can we argue about this Paragraph from Eric instead of the other one?

This is one of those cases where he/they said one thing and then did something else.

Look, I just want a decent method to get Cartel Cert's without having to buy packs.

I don't care about the Jawa Junk drop rates, but I'm maxed out on Rep and would like something useful from this machine!

Funny thing is, if it goes off the top 2 pages nobody has anything to say about it.

Yes. They say stop spam-bumping the thread. Bumps are against the rules unless you have pertinent new information to add.

Edited by Gonalius

Look, I just want a decent method to get Cartel Cert's without having to buy packs.

See, thats the reason for the change. The game (EA) wants/needs money, the machine was lowering the income. So they changed it and thats the reason it probably wont be changed back.

Edited by Neglience

But... didn't you just... *mind blown*

I only post in this thread whilst its in the top three on the page, but yes. I'm guilty of pointlessly keeping it going and padding the post-count, which - I believe is the only reason it keeps being bumped.

Ok, whose grave should I deliver it to? The Muskrat's?

So while not everyone is interested in keeping the thread and the idea that something might happen some day alive, when they see it and think about it many people do still have something to say about it (other than complain that the thread is alive or it is the reason nobody will ever see Slots again).

Don't let the fanboys get you down. If you listened to them, they would only teach you how to take whip marks across your back, and then praise and cheer, and then ask for more.

Edited by Holocron

I honestly didn't know anything but Rep came out of these slot machines. I've spent nearly 500k in tokens, and I haven't gotten anything other than Rep. Can that happen? Is it even worth using the slot machine anymore?

I honestly didn't know anything but Rep came out of these slot machines. I've spent nearly 500k in tokens, and I haven't gotten anything other than Rep. Can that happen? Is it even worth using the slot machine anymore?

Either you had a lot of rep to get or you are joking/trolling. You would not have kept using it after getting Legend status if you truly did not realize other stuff could drop.

Either you had a lot of rep to get or you are joking/trolling. You would not have kept using it after getting Legend status if you truly did not realize other stuff could drop.

Bought a lot to start off with cause I was going for the Malgus statue for teh 12x xp. Didnt know how mych it would take, so I just used it all.

I actually did receive a (count em, that's one) Cartel Certificate since the "Fix" was applied.

I think I have finally used up all the coins I had pre-purchased at the lower cost and now I'm at full rep so there is no point in using it at all.

I would still like to see a new machine that just dropped misc loot and decorations (and cartel certs so I can buy more decorations).

There is no reason for them not to do another Slot machine, they just need to try a new concept, it's called getting it right the first time.

They had to nerf the Jawa Junk drop rates and the Cartel Market Certificate rates (was probably hurting CM sales).

The mistake was not stating it in the patch notes. Even now the patch notes for the change still state nothing regarding the green and purple tokens, or the CM Certs.

That's the issue: not the change, the lack of communication regarding the change.

It's not a bad thing to be sick and miss work, it IS a bad thing to be sick miss work and not call or text your boss "I can't work today, too sick."

Bought a lot to start off with cause I was going for the Malgus statue for teh 12x xp. Didnt know how mych it would take, so I just used it all.

From what I've heard it will run in the neighborhood of 6 million credits give or take to get the Malgus Holo and another 6 million for the Shan Holo for the rep side.

More reputation machines are fine by me. The one out there is working well enough at that purpose.

But once you max out the rep, what is the point?

At least make it drop decent junk from the loot table or Missions, schematics, something of use........

Well, the original inception was too good to be true... could never have lasted in that state.

I understand that it was too good to be true, but they said it was true.

And then they changed their minds. And now it's NO GOOD at all (except for reputation).

I understand that it was too good to be true, but they said it was true.

And then they changed their minds. And now it's NO GOOD at all (except for reputation).

And in the same breath they said they would check to make sure it wasn't having unintended consequences live. It was. They changed it.

Again, seems fine by me. I welcome future reputation machines.

But once you max out the rep, what is the point?

At least make it drop decent junk from the loot table or Missions, schematics, something of use........

Exactly. If all the machines are going to be are rep generators, they might as well just sell the rep tokens directly for creds and forget the silly slot machines.

And in the same breath they said they would check to make sure it wasn't having unintended consequences live. It was. They changed it.

Again, seems fine by me. I welcome future reputation machines.

So "Everything is working fine and as planned, unless it isn't, in which case we will change it so that it is and that will be the new plan that we had planned all along".

Sounds pretty much like "We don't have a frakking clue what we are doing so we will tell you what you want to hear and then change it anyway and run and hide our cowardly heads in the sand".

Glad you are OK with that, would you like the large bottle of KY to go along with that?

Well, the original inception was too good to be true... could never have lasted in that state.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree that it was too good to be true in it's original state.

However "we're looking at the jawa junk drop rate" does not translate into, "let's nerf the hell out of everything" with a "hey look over there, it's a shiny speeder!" tacked on for a good measure of insulting your customers.

So no, in it's current state, the CSM has little to no enjoyment attached to it, aside from the nerfed drop rate of reputation generation. You do know it's probably cheaper in the long run to just buy the cartel packs off the GTN and get the reputation that way don't you? You may even get something else of use - unlike the slot machine in it's current form.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.