The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just came back to Swtor after a 1 year layoff and...

Anatharion

Okay I just came back to swtor and resubbed. So far I notice that crafting your skills from green to blue is impossible now. I've made 29 green Resolve 16 hilts trying to open up blues over teh last 3 hours of play time, maybe longer and blues aren't opening up. I used to be able to stay ahead of my levelling curve with purples of every level. So bad decision to lower the rate of crafting skill increases.

Next order of business. I am playing a lvl 33-36 Sage and wanted to do PVP. I used to be very good at PVP. So I enter my first 10 pvp matches and find i'm fighting rank 30-60 players, most of whom are lvl 55+ and it's not *********** fun. You have ruined PVP for levels 30-55 characters. Another big mistake. And the most ****ed up part is way back at around the four month mark of hte game when lots of us were lvl 50 and geared you made lvl 50 only queue's and it made pvp for lvl 10-49 really *********** fun again. So you could play alts and have a good time.

I am not having a good time on my alt. You ****ed up pvp by changing the level caps, and you ****ed up crafting by making it too difficult.

I don't know why I resubbed. I'm going to buy Dragon Age tomorrow and I'll check out swtor in six months and see if you've gotten around to fixing your bad decisions.

Come play SWTOR the game you have to grind like a mother ****er to have fun in. Bad decisions Dev's you ****ed a beautiful game up again.

Okay I just came back to swtor and resubbed. So far I notice that crafting your skills from green to blue is impossible now. I've made 29 green Resolve 16 hilts trying to open up blues over teh last 3 hours of play time, maybe longer and blues aren't opening up. I used to be able to stay ahead of my levelling curve with purples of every level. So bad decision to lower the rate of crafting skill increases.

Reversing green to blue is easy as always. You might have been unlucky. I usually get my blues from 3 to 10 greens.

If you really want that low level hilt so badly, you could ask nicely on the fleet. You would get it for free. It's worth peanuts.

I used to be very good at PVP.

Yeah, you used to be. The key word. Now with Disciplines people get the skills in different order and they become more effective with low levels.

Crafting was unchanged, but it was always based on luck. So I would say that you simply had bad luck.

But I will agree that having level 55 players in full expertise gear mixed with regular folk is was bit stupid decision...

My level 49 sage has full expertise in warzones, 2018.. all you have to do is use expertise crystals in your main and off hand, have some kinda augment on every slot, and a piece of gear in every slot that's lower than 168 rating and you'll get bolstered up to 168 PVP gear in warzones. The result is pretty close to my guardian with full augmented pvp gear at level 60.

BTW, the best PVP gear that a level 55-59 player would have is Brutalizer 162 rating. Bolster takes you to just about 168 rating which is higher than the old PvP gear. Bolster will also give you 1936 expertise (2018 with expertise crystals) if you have no expertise on the slot natively (crystals were removed from the calculations and don't factor into bolster). They've even factored in augments now, and those get bolstered as well.

I guess the problem is people not understanding how to get the most out of bolster, and not understanding that the bottom of the bracket will always be food for the top of the bracket, regardless of whether it's 10-29 or 30-59 or 30-54 or whatever range you want to set unless you break it down so small that the pops become nonexistent except at 60. The classes have uneven power gains through their levels, and it's only balanced (or atttempted to be balanced) at the top level.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But it seems like the current PvP issue will eventually solve itself.

Once all of the people who were level 55 with gear inevitably level up to level 60 (unless they don't buy the expansion) this should solve itself.

I don't think the bracket would be so bad if all that gear wasn't in there.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But it seems like the current PvP issue will eventually solve itself.

Once all of the people who were level 55 with gear inevitably level up to level 60 (unless they don't buy the expansion) this should solve itself.

I don't think the bracket would be so bad if all that gear wasn't in there.

With Bolster, I doubt the real issue is "gear"...SKILLS may be to blame, but I don't believe for a moment that it's the gear that's harming PvP 30-59.

That seems like an excessively horrible string of luck with the crafting though. I almost feel compelled to ask if he remembered to Reverse Engineer the items he crafted.

Yup you were right, I forgot how to reverse engineer, it only took me two tries to open up the blue. Finally, now I can sleep. I crafted over 40 of those Resolve Hilt green 16's now. What a waste of time.

With Bolster, I doubt the real issue is "gear"...SKILLS may be to blame, but I don't believe for a moment that it's the gear that's harming PvP 30-59.

(admittedly I only casually pvp) I thought most complaints I saw were gear related.

I know Bolster exists but wasn't sure what it brought you to when you are under 60 and was pretty sure it didn't lower what you had.

But if that is the case then I stand corrected.

Anyone who thinks crafting is necessary to have fun has missed something.

I must be the only one who never gets crew skills or does any of that. Crafting never interested me ever in mmorpgs. It is very boring. I have 9 characters that I play switching between them each time I play and I don't have crew skills on 7 of them. The 2 that i have them on I tried getting into it but I don't advance it cause it's boring to me. That has no relevance on my enjoyment of the game.

Also I agree, anyone who thinks crafting is necessary to have fun has missed something.

Also I agree, anyone who thinks crafting is necessary to have fun has missed something.

Yeah, basically. I mean, I treat Cit the same way I treat Space Battles or Galactic Starfighter--I have ONE character dedicated to crew skills. I've noticed a marked lack of it affecting my lv.60 experience in any meaningful way, imagine that.

Edited by Djiini

Just because YOU do not enjoy crafting, or do not find it necessary to enjoy the game, other folks, like OP, do. Neither preference means you are playing the game "wrong," just different.

He clearly had a bad run of luck with /RNG. Either that, or this is all nonsense and he is just trolling us. We will probably never know for sure. He shows a remarkable lack of patience, just based on his complaints. He leaves for a year and then complains that things are different and that he must adapt and adjust to new content and play mechanics. So yeah... he is playing wrong. Wrong defined as --> unwilling to adapt and learn the changes to the game after an expac, new level caps, new gear, new skill system, etc. etc. (The crafting failures is just a red herring here).

What we do know is that his complaints are largely invalid in the context of the broader player base. Crafting is not broken, and PvP... well it changes over time, particularly when they release new xpacs. I leave it to other forum members to roll the PvP marble around the table and smash it with hammers.

Edited by Andryah