Why I cancelled my subscription

Kapono

I didn't see a spot to give a reason why I canceled my subscription, so I'm writing it here; not sure where else to put it (if a moderator would move it to the appropriate place, I'd appreciate it).

I had a wonderful time over the last couple months with the 12x experience bonus - I leveled up several characters and had a great time doing it. I don't really find the endgame all that interesting, but if the 12x experience bonus is ever reinstated - and we get more character slots - I'll resubscribe in a heartbeat. I'd also come back if we can have cross-server mailing/legacy - I'm not really tied to my current server other than that all my characters are on it.

Anyway, I do enjoy the game for the parts I play, but until the 12x thing comes back and we get more character slots, I'm going to take a hiatus. The game is still good fun for me, but I'm kinda deadlocked until those things happen.

Kapono

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that curious. You want to rush to end game using 12xp, but, you don't like end game? Which would imply you like leveling, yet at the same time you won't do that without 12x xp. What am I missing?!

Good luck & hope to see you again soon.

Well, the end game is really level 60, and the 12xp was good up till 55, and the gameplay from 1-55 was really what I found interesting. I only have one level 55 character, and that was because I was 54 when I got to Ilum, so I just finished off that last level with the quests there.

I find that curious. You want to rush to end game using 12xp, but, you don't like end game? Which would imply you like leveling, yet at the same time you won't do that without 12x xp. What am I missing?!

Good luck & hope to see you again soon.

This means OP likes the class story, not the grinding

Which would in turn mean you would have cancelled eventually anyway so 12x exp really is not the reason.

Huh? I think most people would *eventually* cancel; I've given the reasons why I am. I found the game immensely enjoyable when I had characters to level and 12x xp bonus to do it with. I don't find other aspects of the game all that fun, so I'm not going to continue to pay to play.

The drama you're looking for isn't here, I promise.

Because I found the leveling process the most fun, particularly when I got to enjoy the storyline, rather than the 100000 side quests.

DING! Winner! I too really enjoyed actually seeing the storyline in a shorter period of time. I had forgotten half of them since previous leveling was very long period of time. I too hate side quests with a passion and thought when our XP legacy boosts came out we wouldn't have to do them (was sort of advertised that way). Nope.. still had to do them until 12x hit.

Because I found the leveling process the most fun, particularly when I got to enjoy the storyline, rather than the 100000 side quests.

Sounds like you want a single player game and here you are playing an MMO. There are plenty of single player games with robust storylines that don't require a subscriptions to play.

I can perfectly understand that playing the class story is what kept someone in the game, it is the aspect of the game that many people feel is SWTOR at its best.

However, it is a little naïve to start one of those "I'm leaving! And here's why..." threads and then claim you don't want drama. These threads by definition are a dramatic slam of the door on the way out. Someone who isn't looking for drama simply leaves quietly without making a scene.

Because this sort of thread always causes a scene, as it acts as a magnet to people who feel they must defend the game.

But anyway, no worries. Glad you enjoyed it while you did, maybe you'll be back some day.

Edited by PLynkes

There are many that would agree with that, myself included. I got tired of the side quests after about the third time doing them.

I'm not sure if you are into pvp warzones at all, but that's what keeps me interested in endgame for the most part. Crafting is pretty fun too.

But anyway, no worries. Glad you enjoyed it while you did, maybe you'll be back some day.

I'm sure I'll resubscribe eventually, but I felt it was a good idea to provide my feedback on why I was - I do hope they'll re-implement the 12x xp bonus in some fashion and give us more character slots, because that was really, REALLY fun.

I'm not angry or anything, but I guess a lot of people who leave are.

It's sad that people use the removal of the 12x experience as an excuse to leave.

Simple fact: The 12x experience was created to allow subscribers who pre-ordered to get characters up to level 55 while enjoying the class story lines in preparation for the SoR expansion. In that aspect, it did it's job perfectly. Sadly, it also created all these "bring it back" posts from people who want everything for nothing and use excuses to deflect their actual desires.

You can easily do just the story lines without doing side quests using many mechanisms already in place. Experience boosts, rested experience and tactical flashpoints work wonders but involve more effort than just doing the story line.

I'm not surprised that people took what was stated in advance as a limited time thing and twisted it to try to keep their "easy button" but it'd be nice if these same people would give their audience credit and just tell it like it is instead of using it as an excuse.

I'm sure I'll resubscribe eventually, but I felt it was a good idea to provide my feedback on why I was - I do hope they'll re-implement the 12x xp bonus in some fashion and give us more character slots, because that was really, REALLY fun.

I'm not angry or anything, but I guess a lot of people who leave are.

If you want to send Bioware feedback, there is a feedback form when you unsubscribe. You also can write a personal message to Eric and I am sure he will pass your concerns onward.

When you post it in general forum.... meh... just looks like you want attention or are punching your 15 minutes of fame ticket. And.. there is a long standing "Why I Am Unsubbing thread laying around in general forum somewhere.

Edited by Andryah

If you want to send Bioware feedback, there is a feedback form when you unsubscribe. You also can write a personal message to Eric and I am sure he will pass your concerns onward.

When you post it in general forum.... meh... just looks like you want attention or are punching your 15 minutes of fame ticket. And.. there is a long standing "Why I Am Unsubbing thread laying around in general forum somewhere.

Bleah - I didn't see any form; I just hit the delete payment method button and that was it. I'll see if I can find it and copy/paste my original post there. My bad.

Again, if a moderator wants to move or delete this thread, sorry for the trouble.

You can easily do just the story lines without doing side quests using many mechanisms already in place. Experience boosts, rested experience and tactical flashpoints work wonders but involve more effort than just doing the story line.

Agreed. I only do storyline now on all of my new alts, but without any exp boosts. Instead I just do flashpoints and heorics since I like doing group content. It works fine without having to do any of the side quests.

Edited by tharbison

12xp was a nice incentive... too bad it made people feel entitled to that speed.

yup

Things I take exception with OP post

more character slots???? I have 17 character slots and can still get more so how many does he need? Or is it he wants more FREE Character slots

Talks like 12x XP was a entitlement rather then a promotion

Says he doesnt care about end game but that seems counter productive to me.

if he truly doesnt like End game then why would he want to rush through the leveling content with 12x XP?? Skipping 80% of the planetary content along the way

I say OP is exactly the type that made the 12x XP so bad a promotion.

Guarentee you he leveled up fast, didnt understand class and had crap gear and was "one of those types" queueing into GF and expecting everyone else to carry his lazy butt through the content.

But I will agree with him on one thing.

Its really sad that 3 years in and they STILL dont bother asking you why you are cancelling your subscription.

We all know they dont give a flying bleep but come on, at least pretend you Care EA.

Would a simple form for players to provide feedback when cancelling a subscription really be so bad a idea????

I know for a fact this has been asked for by players since this game went live.

From day one there were requests for this option to provide feedback on why someone was leaving.

wasnt when I left ohhhhh 20-21 months ago

and wasnt when game launched.

Just took OP at his word it still wasnt there now

wasnt when I left ohhhhh 20-21 months ago

and wasnt when game launched.

Just took OP at his word it still wasnt there now

Then send a PM to Eric. I'm sure he will read it and forward it.

Of course people quit MMOs for many reasons, some even trite and silly IMO, so no MMO developer is going to halt the machine and jump on every reason given by every player. In other words... holding ones breath would be a waste of time.

Edited by Andryah