The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

I like playing Pub. I know most people don't. I know I am always going to be outnumbered. I know there is nothing that can be done about it. So please don't make me suffer further by allowing this stupidity to continue. It's not like this on Rishii. There are plenty of opportunities for the imps to gank in the quest area.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like playing Pub. I know most people don't. I know I am always going to be outnumbered. I know there is nothing that can be done about it. So please don't make me suffer further by allowing this stupidity to continue. It's not like this on Rishii. There are plenty of opportunities for the imps to gank in the quest area.

I agree. I guarantee you all the Imp players are like, "Just suck it up."

Totally just got slaughtered myself, there were about 10 of them just camping the landing point. As soon as a finished loading, there was like 5 of them on me already.

Im an imp player and im not a pvper and i think its silly that you can pvp in what is not only supposed to be a sancuary/safe-zone but a joint republic-imperial coalition base!

Its not just the respawn point camping thats bad, but for RPers it sucks too

At least on Progenitor, the Coalition Staging Area is NOT marked as a sanctuary, and it's bloody annoying. Yesterday, while I was leveling my merc, I saw a group of twenty to thirty fellow Imps killing the same three pubs over and over again, presumably preventing them from doing their quests. Granted, they were PvP-flagged, but keep in mind that you can hardly avoid the flag if you're trying to get Yavin's exploration achievements (though I think it's easier for Pubs) and that not everyone wants to go to their stronghold for five minutes to get rid of it.

Also, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Surely Marr and Satele know better than to let their champions fight each other in plain sight of the common soldiers?

It's awesome most people will respect the 1v1 or can have massive battle

Don't flag if you don't want to take part, you can get exploration achievement easy without flagging, you can even get the plant the flag in a discreet location easily without flagging

Also, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Surely Marr and Satele know better than to let their champions fight each other in plain sight of the common soldiers?

Dunno about you but whenever a briefing is over, Satele and Marr go AWOL. I wonder what the hell they're doing, all on their own, in the... Ohhhhhh... Hmmmm, yeahhh. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's awesome most people will respect the 1v1 or can have massive battle

Don't flag if you don't want to take part, you can get exploration achievement easy without flagging, you can even get the plant the flag in a discreet location easily without flagging

I had a problem while I was questing on Yavin where I would use my AOE on a group mobs, a Flagged Imp would then run into my line of fire and flag me, and that was my questing over until I managed to escape to my stronghold.

So yes, I didn't want to take part, I never flagged myself and still had them ganking me every time I rezzed by a med droid or in the field.

I dont know why people's response is always "if you dont want to participate dont flag" That response simply does not apply to Yavin.

Its a joint republic-empire base where they are ALLIES. And besides if the opposite faction can walk unopposed to your respawn point and kill you as soon as you reappear thats not very fair either is it?

But the point is this - it simply doesnt make sense to be able to pvp there. Other parts of the map its tolerable (though still not nice) but in the coalition base in front of Satele Shan, Darth Marr and all the soldiers from both factions??

The problem I have is when I am grouped with someone lagged for PvP (I know, I know don't group with them, but when you have to group up for the Revan fight it's difficult)... and my companion heals them and flags me.

Fix it so companions who mindlessless heal people (flagged or not) don't flag the player.

If you are not on a PvP server don't flag.

Problem solved.

/thread

Easy to avoid when your a tank that uses AoE taunt and debuff......

Not to mention those in your group that use AoE too..

That is the issue on PvE servers, people get flagged because someone stealths into an opposite factions AoE to get them flagged, where after the rest of the gank squad joins in.

Makes one wonder why the heck do these players even play on a PvE server.

If you are on a PvP server, weep moar.

Problem solved.

/thread

I always see this as the translation for posts like yours..

"I don't want PvP to take skill. An opponent that can fight back terrifies me."

Edited by Rhyltran

I always see this as the translation for posts like yours..

"I don't want PvP to take skill. An opponent that can fight back terrifies me."

Oh your words of truth made me smile thank you! To many people think roving gank squad means PvP... no. That is just skilless GANK grieving, and most often people who take part in it cannot actually PvP. So they respond with the ever so eloquent "cry moar" .... *sighs* I fear it is a deeper problem beholden to our failing race.

Also, in a side note. Oh My F-ing God! Please, I beg you use what little education you received to type out words properly. This is not your damn phone, and we are not your illiterate friends. Have some respect for yourselves, please.

Problem solved.

/thread

I'm on a PvP server and I'm with the OP on this...I'm 100% fine getting jumped while out questing...but it's bull $#!^ that it happens as I'm loading in...especially given the freaking faction disparity this game suffers from. I'm fine dying, I love PvPing...but getting ganked by AOEs as I load in is just stupid...why would you support such stupidity?

Because being able to kill people who are still on loading screen is totally what PvP is all about. :rolleyes:

Especially since most of those loading screens are completely unnecessary. Sometimes, the screen will load normally and display the complete UI, everything before the game decides you need 5 or 10 seconds more of staring at revans faceplate or a starfighter or whatever splash art Bioware feels its absolutely necessary to jam in your face at every opportunity.

I'm on a PvP server and I'm with the OP on this...I'm 100% fine getting jumped while out questing...but it's bull $#!^ that it happens as I'm loading in...especially given the freaking faction disparity this game suffers from. I'm fine dying, I love PvPing...but getting ganked by AOEs as I load in is just stupid...why would you support such stupidity?

Quest hubs should have x seconds combat immunity when a player logs in.

If it's out in the areas themselves it's a players own problem really, since immunity out there can be misused aka exploited.

But the 10 second logout could maybe be increased, can give issues in OPS upon a dc though, and add possibility to add a loading immunity.

Edited by Mineria

Problem solved.

/thread

I am inclined to agree with this. Not that I think it's cool to gank with 30+, but that's the risk you take when you play on a pvp server. There is always a chance that you will get jumped and camped by roaming death squads with nothing you can do but medcenter or log over to an alt for a while. That's just how it goes. I do agree with making the base on yavin a sanctuary though, quest hubs should always be a sanctuary regardless of server type.

Edited by Khayleth

This is an issue on PVP servers mostly, since we are always flagged.

On POT5 you can load into Yavin flagged, get killed by 20 imps, spawn 5 meters away, and then get camped repeatably. I'm fine with loading in flagged, since this is a pvp server after all, but the med center needs to be up in the pub section guarded by the NPCs.

this is a horriable design flaw and the loading area needs to be made a sanctuary. I'm not a PVPer on a PVE server, and have never personally had a problem. but I spotted this potential snag within seconds of loading onto Yavin IV. It hoenstly suprises me you missed it

I am inclined to agree with this. Not that I think it's cool to gank with 30+, but that's the risk you take when you play on a pvp server. There is always a chance that you will get jumped and camped by roaming death squads with nothing you can do but medcenter or log over to an alt for a while. That's just how it goes. I do agree with making the base on yavin a sanctuary though, quest hubs should always be a sanctuary regardless of server type.

Med Center is what is being camped since there are no factional NPCs at the Yavin med center.... Your only option is to log off, or wait for them to get their pvp achievements since they are farming you for kills. Med Center just needs t be moved up into the faction areas to the sides and not right next to the load in area.

What is happening is similar to when Ilum first started awarding valor for kills. Imps overran the pub base and camped the med centers. It was fixed then, and it should be fixed now.

Edit: this is on a PVP server. It is never acceptable on a PVP server to allow Med Center camping without any NPCs in my opinion. At least allow the player to med center and quick travel out, or fleet pass.

Edited by Volcan