Dual/Tri Spec (within AC) is a MUST due to design decisions

TrikkiOne

Roll 4 seperate characters and level them to 50, then try to manage gear on each one seperately...won't happen, I've already quit. Only so many times I can take the same areas and quests.

Yup.. That is what you do.. Nobody needs superman that can do it all as a character.. Since you will be getting dual speccing.. You can have your tank, DPS, PVP, and a healer too all in just two characters.. Be thankful for that..

So yes.. Roll some more characters.. People need to stop being lazy and wanting one character to do it all.. I don't want to be kicked from operations or flashpoints because I don't have a tank or healing spec in favor of someone that does.. I also don't need some moron needing on something for their off spec or off off spec..

Really.. People need one character with one spec.. If your a healer and now you want to tank.. Roll another character.. People got spoiled and lazy cause of WOW.. They got used to their Paladins and Druids that could do it all.. Well.. This game doesn't have a character like that.. Thank god!! :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WONT....EVER....HAPPEN.

Heck even WoW had more options in specs than SWTOR, but I love this game so much more. But WoW only ever ahd dual spec. Honestly make your DPS spec viable for PVP as well as PVP its not hard...considering theres little to no abilities to be gained from the spec trees.

Simply put deal with it, what you're doing could destroy any need for other classes.

And do you not PVP? Do you know that some abilities in skill trees have only PVE or PVP purpose?

As I said there's barely any abilities in trees, I have TWO from the gunnery tree and that's all there is to gain. BOTH are applicable in PVE and PVP. Im not sure why youre having so much trouble...but as I said even win WoW where there was more choice you only had Dual Spec.

It wont happen.

It wouldn't take much for people to learn to...i don't know...adapt there play style to match the spec?

If your a tank, learn to play as your tank and know your limits. Heck, respecing isn't super expensive at the start so just try new things. We don't need dual spec because once you get that, you start having problems.

Id rather take time and learn my spec then have some moron with a dual spec thinking he can tank just because the spec says so. Some skill in playing is kinda required, you know? :)

Id rather take time and learn my spec then have some moron with a dual spec thinking he can tank just because the spec says so. Some skill in playing is kinda required, you know? :)

Because you totally learn how to tank in solo PVE.

Not. Some skill in playing certainly is required. So if you need to play the same role from 1-50 to be able to play it efficiently you apparently do not have it.

Edited by Psykhe

If you can't play multiple roles in a mmo effectively then you are a bad video game player period.

I played tank/healer/dps in Rift and did it quite well. It takes a while to learn your specs but any monkey should be able to do it with practice.

In fact almost every Rift player learned multiple roles and specs just fine.

You would truly have to be below average to have a hard time with this.

Signed so emphatically that that this should be all caps. When I want to heal a flashpoint or operation or heritage mission do I really need to spend 80000 to switch to healing then 120000 to switch back after I'm done. Who in the word possibly levels or solos in thier support role. How do I justify spending 3 million credits a day just to help other people. I want to heal but it isn't economical. I can't waste all that money on it.

I don't want to be kicked from operations or flashpoints because I don't have a tank or healing spec in favor of someone that does.

As far as I'm concerned this is the only point against multi-spec'ing that is vaguely valid and its a weak one at that.

I also don't need some moron needing on something for their off spec or off off spec..

With multiple specs a loot system needs to be designed to support it. The game needs to understand what spec you're using at the time and adjust the Need before Greed setup accordingly.

Really.. People need one character with one spec.. If your a healer and now you want to tank.. Roll another character..

This isn't what I'm asking for, i want to be able to do roles within my own class and experience all facets of the game within the boundaries of what my class can do.

On my Scoundrel I want to be able to enjoy healing PVE, PVP and also DPS where required. That's 3 different specs (4 if you want PVP and PVE versions of each) with the way the game has been designed. I don't want my Scoundrel to tank as there is no skill tree designed for it, nor any abilities to support that, that's not what I asked for.

People got spoiled and lazy cause of WOW.. They got used to their Paladins and Druids that could do it all.. Well.. This game doesn't have a character like that.. Thank god!! :rolleyes:

You're arguing a point that noone made. I don't want this and noone in this thread has stated they do. WoW created their own problems by having classes that could tank, heal and DPS all in 1. They should have given the pure DPS classes a secondary role instead.

In a nutshell...l2read.

I think this is at least the 3rd thread I've seen on this today....

Dual spec is coming. According to Devs, it will be in "shortly after launch". Just be a little patient. If they're like most MMOs, they'll have a major content patch once every 1-3 months, which will include Dual spec.

Dual-spec should have been in the game from the start.

It was a huge success in WoW - the only negative there being a little bit more loot drama when someone rolled need for offspec loot.

The OPs point about 4-man groups is an excellent one. And a healing-only or tanking-only character is just not fun to solo quest with, in any MMO

Giving the ability to switch quickly doesn't create more tanks/healers because less people enjoy playing tanks/healers.

WoW has had dual spec for ages and tanks/healers are still by far a small minority.

The OPs point about 4-man groups is an excellent one. And a healing-only or tanking-only character is just not fun to solo quest with, in any MMO

Leveling as a tank or heal is incredibly easy due to companions.

<--Leveling as a Combat Medic

Edited by Posiden

Tri-spec, DO NOT WANT. Every class being able to fill every role is a big factor in what destroyed Rift.

I do not want everyone to have access to a full 31 point talent spec for all 3 of their trees at the cost of a mere 3 second cast time. you should absolutely have to find people who fill the roles that you currently lack.

Dual spec though, absolutely.

I do not want everyone to have access to a full 31 point talent spec for all 3 of their trees at the cost of a mere 3 second cast time. you should absolutely have to find people who fill the roles that you currently lack.

Why not have access to all 3 trees? How is that in any way different to having access to 2? Its not like any classes have Healing, Tanking and DPS as their 3 trees.

"Variety is the spice of life" they say...I'd like to play Scoundrel as a melee, healer or ranged DPS. I'd have enough variety to pay my subscription for a long time and not have to go through the bs level grind all over again.

Multi-spec had nothing to do with RIFT's lack of success. There were many other reasons that RIFT wasn't successful...Personally I think it was too complicated at the start for people to latch onto. Being an inferior copy of WoW and terrible PVP balance are another 2 reasons.

Edited by TrikkiOne

Dual Specs do not need to happen, just pay the respec cost and be over it.

I hate to throw wow into it all, but when I raided I changed spec 2-3 times per day (sometimes more if I had to change between bosses).

At best there should be a reasonable cap on respec costs.

There is no reason to have dualspeccing in the game. If you don't like the way this game is playing because you are too used to the way your previous MMO worked and you don't have the mental capacity to change, go back to it. There is nothing stopping you from not playing this game.

I also have this to say for everyone saying this game needs this and that because you say so;

If you hate the way Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black sing, do you ask them to change the way they sing so you will want to listen to them? Or do you simply stop listening to them and never look back?

EDIT: FYI, I have been leveling a Jedi Sage specced Seer since level 10 and have 0 trouble doing solo quests. Do not give me this crap that you need it to level faster while still being able to heal/tank, because you don't.

Edited by Kemosobe