Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

EricMusco

Maybe next time you will be smart enough to stop and smell the roses along the way.

Indeed. How dare people play the game's available content in a manner of their own choosing. Anyone who does not share the same priorities as you clearly deserves to be insulted.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you stop with the stupid car analogies? They're not comparable and every time something like this comes up, it's always about the gawddam car industry analogies..

Well what do you expect from corporate sycophants who dubiously play at virtue by white knighting a private firm as if it were some qualified authority figure or cultural institution?

Well what do you expect from corporate sycophants who dubiously play at virtue by white knighting a private firm as if it were some qualified authority figure or cultural institution?

At least his analogy offered a point to the discussion. If you find it incorrect, you could address it and attempt to progress the conversation instead of throwing out personal attacks, which help no one and accomplish nothing.

Wow....I'm amazed this is still going.

Since I'm not playing anymore until the free training starts, haven't been able to enjoy my early access.....Can I have a rancor? :D

you joke, but it really is kinda messed up that this is happening. Im in early access and not only am I out 2 million credits because I bought into a system that i was told was working as intended and that there were no plans to change it (ability training), but I also cant complete the content due to the final mission being bugged beyond belief, and I cant even start on new characters... unless i want to dump more money down the drain training abilities...

As a paying customer subscriber and a pre-order customer im pretty disappointed in the whole experience to be honest. Its sad because without those shortcomings actual content is excellent.

Up to date list for the folks that desire some kind of refund or recognition for having to pay for skills prior to the removal of the costs. Couldn't find any new suggestions.

I would like to note that I do not explicitly support any of the suggested recompense, nor am I seeking it, though I would obviously welcome whatever Bioware decides.

I am personally satisfied with the decision to make all ability training free. That is more than enough for me.

This is what I have seen so far.

1) Full refund of all ability training that has been purchased since the start of Early Access (Dec 2nd)

2) 5 days of subscription time

3) 7 days of subscription time

4) One time stipend of 200CC

5) One time stipend of 500CC

6) A special mount or weapon

7) Return of 12XP, even if just for early access

8) Free legacy unlocks for a short period

9) Free legacy unlock for Field Respecialization

10) Reduction of mod extraction costs

11) Reduction of "death tax" in story mode flashpoints and operations

12) Addition of 3 more tabs to Legacy Storage, paid or unpaid

14) Additional speeder speed tier of 120%

15) Free Priority Transport terminal for Strongholds

16) A one time stipend of credits..50-70k for characters below 56, 500-600k for characters at 60

17) 50k per character awarded to all early access players

18) 24X hyperpack

If I have missed any, or need to add any new suggestions let me know. I will expand the list and repost it when needed.

As always nice job and try but waste of time.

From past support tickets I made, I know they track every purchase you do. Guess they wipe them at a time but we aren't that far from the launch date.

So would they really want it they can have a DBA create a custom query to get all credits that have been spent on every character and refund the players accordingly.

As it will take some data processing they can run it during the maintenance time, but who knows how long it would take on top of the maintenance is another story... and pretty sure they could mess things even more, somehow.

Although res assured they don't want to put a single finger on that ;)

Thing is it all lies to the following:

As a paying customer subscriber and a pre-order customer im pretty disappointed in the whole experience to be honest. Its sad because without those shortcomings actual content is excellent.

Once again player perception.

Edited by Deewe

And when you do this, if i do not receive all of my creds from lv 56- 60 back i will no long pay for this game, nor will i spend 100'ss of my $$ on cartel coins. And will most likely never play it again.:mad:

If good that your doing this, but for us that have early access take the fall for it and that's not right. :mad:

And for those that haven't been keeping track that's will over 1mil creds

And when you do this, if i do not receive all of my creds from lv 56- 60 back i will no long pay for this game, nor will i spend 100'ss of my $$ on cartel coins. And will most likely never play it again.:mad:

If good that your doing this, but for us that have early access take the fall for it and that's not right. :mad:

And for those that haven't been keeping track that's will over 1mil creds

to make things worse, we fell for it AFTER they already confirmed the ridiculous high prices were intended.

bw slapped all subs in the face with this

Wait, so your whole complaint is about the 50-100k credits you were charged to re-train skills you had trained prior to the patch?

That is NOT what others on this thread are whining about. They're whining about every skill after 55 costing ~36k, adding up to 1+ mil.

If you want a 100k refund, I can't argue against that on principle. It seems lame though given how many credits the game gives you just for playing it.

I only got 1 toon to 60 and a bunch to 57. I think I spent roughly 530-560k on my main, so if some crazy person did 22 then they might have spent 11 MILLION CREDITS.

That's a bloody expensive early access.

I only got 1 toon to 60 and a bunch to 57. I think I spent roughly 530-560k on my main, so if some crazy person did 22 then they might have spent 11 MILLION CREDITS.

That's a bloody expensive early access.

And with their sacrifice...

...the rest of us save a ton of credits. Those brave, brave earlier accessers.

And with their sacrifice...

...the rest of us save a ton of credits. Those brave, brave earlier accessers.

You know, I have changed my mind, and I do think that we (early access/adopters) DO deserve some sort of "compensation", so I humbly submit my request for a new decoration: The Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Memorial Trainer. Artemis, please add this to your list.

It would be a floor mount looking exactly like our portable RotHC trainer, except larger, unless BW wanted to make it look like a dead Hutt buried under a pile of credits. It would, of course, function as a trainer. Bonus points for BW if they could provide an exact (server-specific) count of the total number of credits spent on training by all players on that server, and have that number integrated into the display.

Optional, add Achievement "Unrefunded But Not Unremembered" for having 100 players use your memorial.

Edited by eartharioch

You know, I have changed my mind, and I do think that we (early access/adopters) DO deserve some sort of "compensation", so I humbly submit my request for a new decoration: The Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Memorial Trainer. Artemis, please add this to your list.

It would be a floor mount looking exactly like our portable RotHC trainer, except larger, unless BW wanted to make it look like a dead Hutt buried under a pile of credits. It would, of course, function as a trainer. Bonus points for BW if they could provide an exact (server-specific) count of the total number of credits spent on training by all players on that server, and have that number integrated into the display.

Optional, add Achievement "Unrefunded But Not Unremembered" for having 100 players use your memorial.

Unrefunded But Unforgotten, December Five'ed.

Unrefunded But Unforgotten, December Five'ed.

I edited it to be "Unrefunded but not Unremembered" because I think it scans a bit better, but I like the sound of "Unforgotten" better than "Unremembered", so it's kind of a toss up. "Unrefunded but Not Unforgotten" scans and sounds best for me, but would have the opposite meaning. But there's definitely a part of me that would find it amusing on a different [meta] level to intentionally choose to use that wording.

Edited by eartharioch

Fair question azudelphi! Since the change we are making is a global one, affecting all players and skills, we felt this was a better approach to the overall cost to players. As a result, we will not be providing refunds for the cost of training.

Hope that clarifies our thoughts on the situation.

-eric

Well this is the biggest ***** slap I have ever received over the Internet. Here I was playing away at the new content bugs and all only to find out where i was thinking gaining early access was a benefit was actually a hindrance as now with all my credits spent on gaining the skills on my avatars to play this game will now be given to everyone that did not per order. This will be the last expansion I buy I will see it out but then find something else to play. This has made my mind up if this is the way dedicated and supportive players are treated.

Edited by Sarlord

The fact that Bio-ware is now going to "give away" the training that we who spent our real money to pre-order the new expansion is an attempt for the company to Not to have to take the time to manually refund all of our credits. The company can aid us players when we have other issues in game via the phone, and see exactly what we have done with our various toons, but this I feel is a big slap in our faces.

Refund our credits to our accounts. This is the fair solution to this issue. The company want to make training free now, why is that? Did the company not know that the early purchasers were going to have to spend thousands of credits on training, and gearing up various toons to level 60? Get real people. Stop placating to those who did not buy this product early. Make them pay as well, and give the "perk" of free training left to the early subscribers as it should be.

If I had to work to achieve what I have, then you (late or non purchasers) you have to pay the price to train as well:rak_02:.

I do hope however that Bioware actually FIXES the underlying bug that led to them dropping an important credit sink. Ya know the one where people's skills randomly disappear and they need to go back to the trainer to re-buy skills previously learned?

Sure its free now, but if the underlying problem is not fixed then it will still be irritating at the least to need to go back to the trainer.