Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

EricMusco

Hmm... no. I don't think this is a fair characterization. So first, he is not in the minority. I would say that many don't want a refund to be offered as has been demonstrated in the forums and that flawed poll. Just because they would take the refund doesn't mean anything. And it is hardly hypocritical since there is no option to refuse it if it were to happen.

Fair enough, but I obviously disagree. I also think the evidence to the contrary, if it can be called that is anecdotal at best. It is simply common sense.

Taking the refund, sure, but I pointed out "welcome" the refund, and I would safely bet that the vast majority of folks WOULD welcome it even if they didn't want it in the first place. I think any contention to the contrary is not only fantasy, but quite ludicrous to boot.

No... there is no middle of the road here. For you guys on the fence saying that you don't care either way but think BW should do something to appease or foster good will, you have chosen a side. You want BW to do something. I don't get your logic.

I think you made this contention in the past, and more than one person called you on it if I remember right. Your original contention, if I am correct (I may not be, so correct me if I am wrong) was that if you did not campaign against this you were for it.

And I felt that was also ludicrous.

If a person does not care either way that is not a "yes" vote. That is a "I don't care either way" vote. Plenty of folks clearly stated they were satisfied. That is not a vote for or against. Folks that are likely for or against made that position very clear.

Now, that said....if you indicate you believe Bioware should give a refund that is likely a yes vote, obviously.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the minority in a lot of things. That's unfortunate for the majority, who are most often incorrect when they disagree.

Of course everyone would welcome free credits. Duh. That's because they are incapable of thinking beyond, 'YAY! CREDITS!" to what it means for the broader scope of the game.

Fair enough on both points. ;)

This has gone 90 page too long.

ETA: Ironic but fitting this post made the thread 92 pages.

Agreed. This thread begs for a lock at this point, it's just regurgitated circular conversation going on now about something that was already clearly answered on page freaking 1, just to "hear" ourselves talk. And one of the main suspects that keeps regurgitating it is the OP of the other self-regurgitated thread about the same identical topic with the flawed poll.

Edited by Code_Airwolf

• 1 month later...
since we know now for sure you guys have the info tracked as to the credits spent any update on when we can expect full refunds for the money spent since 3.0?

THIS!

And how about better chat filters to slow down the freaking credit spammers?!

since we know now for sure you guys have the info tracked as to the credits spent any update on when we can expect full refunds for the money spent since 3.0?

Eric never stated they didn't have the info or weren't able to do it. Eric simply stated that they won't do it.

Refunds will be available on Alderaan, you can pick it up the day after the Death Star leaves.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you people even know what the reasons are for a credit sink existing? I can't believe it, this is how the economy dies, to thunderous applause.

There are better ways to have credit sinks in a game other than one that impinges upon a player's ability to play the game. Travel costs are one good way that we have in game. Another potential way to have a good credit sink are things like the Cartel Slot Machine - of course it has to be in a form that is not its currently decimated and useless one (but still not as generous as it was when released).

Do you people even know what the reasons are for a credit sink existing? I can't believe it, this is how the economy dies, to thunderous applause.

Thing about training costs as a credit sink: they're a one-time expense per character. In the grand scheme of thing they affect the amount of credits in circulation to the same extent as a player deciding to run a full set of dailies one time fewer.

Edited by DarthDymond

One of the last times in recent memory that Bioware demonstrated some form of aptitude when it came to customer relations. This was a good move then, and remains so now IMO.

Yes, the move was the right one, but amusingly the Developers implemented it in just about the worst possible way from a business perspective.

They removed the training costs immediately after the 3.0 early access week was completed. That was flat-out one of the most poorly planned decisions they have made. The costs should have been removed with the release of 3.0 to pre-order customers. If that had been done, players would have heralded 3.0 as the Second Coming.

The training costs from Level 56-60 were approximately 1.2 million credits per character. Therefore, the players who actually paid those costs were the most loyal and dedicated players of this game; namely those who pre-ordered so that they could experience the new expansion as soon as possible. The more characters a player leveled during their early access week, which likely corresponds to how much they love this game, the more they paid for training and the higher the risk of causing them to feel regret about their pre-order. After all, if they hadn't pre-ordered and played their heart out over those first four or five days, they could have saved themselves several million credits.

The Developers misjudged the Community's reaction to the increased training costs and then reacted to the strong response from players by setting the costs to zero, but left their most loyal players hung out to dry with no refunded costs.

Talk about leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of the players who were the most excited for the expansion. Customer relation aptitude, indeed.