Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

EricMusco

I agree. She's a fascinating person.

But don't LOL at me. If we're here in this thread asking for crazy, stupid $#!+ throwing a tantrum until we get it, well, my tantrum is for a few hours with that most amazing woman. Please add it to your list.

Yea....no.

That is not the first one I refused to add to the list either.

Some of the better amusing ones I left out....

Request to refund all training for the history of the game.

30 day free sub

demand for an apology

1000CC

Reversal of free training decision

Option to accept as is

Refund of pre order cost

Some folks are bound and determined to make the list a propaganda piece it seems. ;)

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you point out the fallacy (and it actually is one) I will happily acknowledge its presence and correct it.

Who is asking for "crazy, stupid $#!+"? One group that was double-charged wants to have not been double-charged, and a group that paid extra real-world money to receive higher in-game costs wants those costs returned. You can disagree with those positions but it seems a bit of a stretch to call either "crazy" or "stupid".

Would that 2nd group be the same group that told the first group to stop complaining, money is easy in this game, they have bazillions, and just go run some dailies?

Because if so........well...............then just go run some dailies. :D

Edited by Code_Airwolf

Yea....no.

That is not the first one I refused to add to the list either.

Some of the better amusing ones I left out....

Request to refund all training for the history of the game.

30 day free sub

demand for an apology

1000CC

Reversal of free training decision

Option to accept as is

Refund of pre order cost

Some folks are bound and determined to make the list a propaganda piece it seems. ;)

I want in on Episode 7. Everyone that was on this forum during early access should get to be an extra for Episode 7!

And one more thing to add... ENOUGH! BW doesn't need to do anything else. Training costs are free. That's it.

If you feel slighted, take comfort in the fact that not only were you the first to see the content and get your new shiny gear, but you trained in large part for the larger community. You are a hero! ...of sorts.

If you point out the fallacy (and it actually is one) I will happily acknowledge its presence and correct it.

Who is asking for "crazy, stupid $#!+" other than a very small fringe? Most people are being rather sensible. One group that was double-charged wants to have not been double-charged, and a group that paid extra real-world money to receive higher in-game costs wants those costs returned. You can disagree with those positions but it seems a bit of a stretch to call either "crazy" or "stupid".

No group was double-charged, unless there was a bug in the game, which there was not. Nobody paid extra real-world money "to receive higher ingame costs". Nobody paid EXTRA real-world money, period. They paid real-world money EARLY for early access and a statue and 12XP and probably some other stuff I forgot... and that's what they got.

That means that EVERYONE asking for ANYTHING is asking for "crazy, stupid $#!+".

Edited by DarthTHC

That means that EVERYONE asking for ANYTHING is asking for "crazy, stupid $#!+".

I wouldn't agree. Though I personally feel that the free training is more than enough recompense, I do not find the request to refund training already paid by those that either had to pay for an ability they already had, trained or specced, or for the new abilities to be that unreasonable.

Some of the requests are certainly unreasonable IMO. But not all of them.

No group was double-charged, unless there was a bug in the game, which there was not. Nobody paid extra real-world money "to receive higher ingame costs". Nobody paid EXTRA real-world money, period. They paid real-world money EARLY for early access and a statue and 12XP and probably some other stuff I forgot... and that's what they got.

You are wrong. Asking for returning ingame credits for training is the reasonable request in this situation. Top hilt or top barrel costs the same as training 4 alts for early access people. It is wrong. It is broken.

The very fact that they are removing training costs shows it.

You are wrong. Asking for returning ingame credits for training is the reasonable request in this situation. Top hilt or top barrel costs the same as training 4 alts for early access people. It is wrong. It is broken.

I wouldn't agree. Though I personally feel that the free training is more than enough recompense, I do not find the request to refund training already paid by those that either had to pay for an ability they already had, trained or specced, or for the new abilities to be that unreasonable.

Some of the requests are certainly unreasonable IMO. But not all of them.

Every single item on your latest list is completely unreasonable. Every single one.

People got exactly what they paid for. Yet they're clamoring for more, saying they've been wronged, one even cluelessly said, "victimized".

BioWare should be expected to do nothing. No work. No changes. No apologies.

BioWare made a change that's a huge Quality of Life improvement to the game. It positively impacts the experience of every single player who will in the future gain a level on another character. The only rational response from the player base is: "Thank you."

Edited by DarthTHC

It may be too much to ask. I certainly would not go as far as to ask for a refund of some kind, though obviously I would appreciate it (as I expect most detractors would as well).

However, this would not set a precedent IMO. They have offered recompense in the past, and I think the important thing for them to consider is how angry is their playerbase over this (I expect the "double training" made many folks angry, but free training will satiate most) and does that require action.

In the case of free training they decided to make the players happy, and I think this will accomplish that for the most part. Naturally it will not make everyone happy.

It may be too much to ask. I certainly would not go as far as to ask for a refund of some kind, though obviously I would appreciate it (as I expect most detractors would as well).

However, this would not set a precedent IMO. They have offered recompense in the past, and I think the important thing for them to consider is how angry is their playerbase over this (I expect the "double training" made many folks angry, but free training will satiate most) and does that require action.

In the case of free training they decided to make the players happy, and I think this will accomplish that for the most part. Naturally it will not make everyone happy.

What situations / flaws has BioWare granted recompense for in the past? How do those compare, in terms of player / gameplay experience, with adding a quality of life improvement to the game?

If they implement Appearance Tabs next month, should they retroactively refund everyone who spent credits pulling mods from armor?

Edited by DarthTHC

During Early Access, selling craftable 186 gear brings in WAY more credits than the cost of training.

Starting tomorrow, the market will flood and prices will drop.

Just imagine what else could be done by thinking about solutions instead of problems. :eek:

Every single item on your latest list is completely unreasonable. Every single one.

People got exactly what they paid for. Yet they're clamoring for more, saying they've been wronged, one even cluelessly said, "victimized".

BioWare should be expected to do nothing. No work. No changes. No apologies.

BioWare made a change that's a huge Quality of Life improvement to the game. It positively impacts the experience of every single player who will in the future gain a level on another character. The only rational response from the player base is: "Thank you."

Well, you and I simply do not agree on that particular point, though I do agree that the change made was a huge QoL improvement, as you say.

What situations / flaws has BioWare granted recompense for in the past? How do those compare, in terms of player / gameplay experience, with adding a quality of life improvement to the game?

If they implement Appearance Tabs next month, should they retroactively refund everyone who spent credits pulling mods from armor?

Now your beginning to draw into the realm of hyperbole DarthTHC.

I do not need to justity my opinion, nor is my opinion important in this matter. You are giving my opinion far more credit than it deserves.

We simply disagree. There is no reason to fret over that. Note, I did not state you were wrong and I was right. I only stated our opinions are in opposition on this particular point.

I think your being just as unreasonable as the folks you deride. Demanding others agree with you is not exactly a reasonable position to take.

Edited by LordArtemis

Up to date list for the folks that desire some kind of refund or recognition for having to pay for skills prior to the removal of the costs. Couldn't find any new suggestions.

I would like to note that I do not explicitly support any of the suggested recompense, nor am I seeking it, though I would obviously welcome whatever Bioware decides.

I am personally satisfied with the decision to make all ability training free. That is more than enough for me.

This is what I have seen so far.

1) Full refund of all ability training that has been purchased since the start of Early Access (Dec 2nd)

I think they already refunded all of my credits spent on Training abilities since I purchased the Pre-Order of the Return Expansion.