Accuracy Raiting post 3.0

Doubledeath

Just wanted to get a solid answer from a Dev. I have been looking at my accuracy pre and post 3.0 and accuracy raiting per point of accuracy seems to be exactly the same.

1. Was there a mistake in the writing of the patch notes or did I miss something in my calculations? I'm not 100% here that's why I wanted to get a Dev answer on this topic.

2. There are a few different things I read pre 3.0 and was under the impression that my 3% loss in my skill tree was now going to be given to all classes. If so that part is missing.

3. I need to log in to verify but it also seems that my tank was missing the auto 10% but that could be my mind playing tricks on me.

A dev responce would be great just to know how we can plan to spend our stat budget (if this is the way it is staying)

Thanks devs for your hard work on the new patch, here is to hoping that pve players return for new content :)

Edited by Doubledeath

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spent 1600+ comms once I hit 60 to get 100% accuracy. Dropped my surge to 62%, crit to 20%, and lost a bit of power.

btw, old 180 mods are better than new basic 186 mods in terms of power/crit. Old 180 mods = 32.29 while new 186 mods = 31.50.

itemizations is borked, big time, or their calculators are broken.

Edited by T-Assassin

Well it seem broken to me as well... or at least pointless to proceed with stuff anyhow... wish they would release soft caps and the likes to be honest and not to follow the previous system or something, because the ammount of silly stuff you need is hilarious, at least soften the caps a bit or something, no need to make it a pain in the rear especially for starters in this game.

Guess Crit, Alacrity, Surge, Accuracy, defence, shield & absorp could use an overhaul and not just to wait 6 months with some kind of a stalemate going on or the likes or at least making it easier to hit max on these 'technically secondary' stats in a figure of speech.

Edited by SBR_QuorTek

Bump. Have to put almost all my stats in accuracy to get to 100%.

You had to do this when 2.0 dropped. Crafted initiative enhancement 28s had 66 accuracy so it required 7 pieces to hit 100/110% even with the 3% from the skill tree. 3.0 seems consistent with entry level gear in previous tiers, just maybe needing one accuracy augment now.

Edited by bdatt

How are you guys getting Accuracy? All of the gear I can buy (186 rating for basic comms) has little to no accuracy...can people craft 186 stuff with accuracy the vendors don't offer? are you using lower rating stuff just for accuracy? thnx

Yes...people can craft the Advanced Initiative Enhancement (186 rating gear which as 102 accuracy) and are selling them on the GTN. I personally have 4 of those, 2 power/accuracy implants (186 rating gear crafted), 1 power/accuracy earpiece (186 rating gear crafted), and 1 accuracy augment (186 rating gear crafted) and am at just a hair over 100% accuracy.

The difference between crafted Initiative 36 and the Proficient 36 that you get with the basic gear is in Endurance and Power, not accuracy. That remains the same between the two.

The 3.0 patch note about getting more accuracy per point is.. inaccurate =P

No explanation of that note has been forth coming.

As it stands, it will take 758 accuracy at lvl60 (with the companion 1% buff unlock) which is more than just a couple of slots of gear to change. It's very restrictive even in 198 gear.

They reaaaallly need to explain this change and/or fix it as the patch note indicated.

Edited by Only-a-Lad

The 3.0 patch note about getting more accuracy per point is.. inaccurate =P

No explanation of that note has been forth coming.

They reaaaallly need to explain this change and/or fix it as the patch note indicated.

I agree. Either they need to fix their accuracy equations, or they need to come out with a message to say the patch notes were wrong.

How are you guys getting Accuracy? All of the gear I can buy (186 rating for basic comms) has little to no accuracy...can people craft 186 stuff with accuracy the vendors don't offer? are you using lower rating stuff just for accuracy? thnx

There are 2 methods. The first one is from crafting, and has been explained already.

The second method is from basic comms. The way this works is you buy one of each unique piece of gear from the basic comms vendor. This gives you a full set of 186 gear in every slot. Then you start buying the same item from the basic comms vendor that has the secondary stats you want, in this case Accuracy. You then strip the Enhancement item mod out of this pieces of gear and insert it into one of the pieces you bought previously that did not have Accuracy.

I think I bought the 186 pants 5 times already just so I could get Accuracy in a few slots that had Alacrity or Crit in them.

I'm wondering if the reason we haven't heard anything about this issue yet is because their numbers and calculations are a bigger mess than we think. Some of the early parses floating around in this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=781035 in far less than optimized 198 gear are way higher than what the devs described as their new high end targets. I know really good players will always find a way to outperform the devs targets but some of those numbers are crazy. Hoping for answers to these questions soon.

We are still looking into this. I'll let you know when I have more information!

Thanks very much, Tait. I know people are more interested in an actual statement whether it's working as intended or will be changed soon. But at least this suggests that it might be broken, so people may feel it is wise to continue holding off on their min/maxing.

Hey folks,

We are still looking into this. I'll let you know when I have more information!

-Tait

It is nice it is looked upon though why simply not had left the system as it was with all the classes out there and their accuracy bonusses to their class and special class specs etc.

This way around removing something this very critical in the game is kind of hilarious.

As it is currently, it even more gimp DPS specs that will not get the full benefit from the other stats, hell even as it is now and before there would be close to absolutely no need to alacrity or the likes due to we got to be able to hit monster A and B.... yes this might not hurt story mode content... but when you start screwing around with hardmode Ops and above... then certain skills really need to be able to hit the mob everytime, especially with the new long cool downs on interrupts.

It's really nice that this is going to be investigated.

I'm currently at 106,97% rating. I have 496 bonus points in Accuracy and was just about to buy myself some other Augments to enhance my gear when I noticed that I'd need over 200 more points in Accuracy to reach the 110% suggested cap.

Building to this cap with the current system would leave me unable to build into DPS more clearly (I can't apply neither Power, Strength or anything else). So, for the love of the Force, change the equation. As it stands now you'd need close to double as much points as before the patch to reach your accuracy rating. That leaves us unable to build largely into DPS.

It's really nice that this is going to be investigated.

I'm currently at 106,97% rating. I have 496 bonus points in Accuracy and was just about to buy myself some other Augments to enhance my gear when I noticed that I'd need over 200 more points in Accuracy to reach the 110% suggested cap.

Building to this cap with the current system would leave me unable to build into DPS more clearly (I can't apply neither Power, Strength or anything else). So, for the love of the Force, change the equation. As it stands now you'd need close to double as much points as before the patch to reach your accuracy rating. That leaves us unable to build largely into DPS.

Of course, the 110% cap is "suggested" by players....not BW. So it may be intended that players can't hit the same rates in other areas and also maintain 110% accuracy. They did say that they were trying to reduce DPS output across the board.