Accuracy Raiting post 3.0

Doubledeath

Am i the only one who seems to like the change of the accuracy rating?

Seeing the miss pop up once in a while actually makes the fights more fun for me. Knowing that my Maul or Assassinate might miss is quite nerve racking and i don't seem to mind it as it give a bit of thrill to the game. I think all games should have a miss chance added to 'em. In real life (if you still know what real life is :p ) you also miss.

Just my opinion as a casual Assassin enjoying a good game. :)

Yes, I *********** love when my Magshot misses and then my Speed to Burn gets delayed, and then I can spend 20-30 second to fix my ****ed up rotation while losing a ****load of DPS because of it.

So. Much. Fun.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much the issue, if you want to raise your Accuracy there's so little room to add Surge or Alacrity that Alacrity will once again be the least desired stat. In the end nothing has changed.

Something has changed though...

- In 2.0 you needed almost as many slots dedicated to Accuracy. DPS had a 3% bonus from traits to cover the rest...but that's gone. Now you need one extra slot in gear dedicated to Accuracy, plus an Augment. Things have gotten worse for DPS with regards to how much of their gear must be dedicated to Accuracy.

- Tanks get a built in 10% bonus now so that they don't have to use any of their stat budget for gear. This is necessary for survival, but it leaves them free to spend their stats however they want.

- Healers don't need accuracy at all. They are free to make use of newly improved Alacrity, as well as plenty of surge.

Honestly I'd be OK with all of that if we didn't have to beg for an explanation. The fact that we were told one thing and no one could be bothered to say that thing was completely false until the community did the math is insulting. Add in the terribly optimized DPS sets which are stacked with stats other than Accuracy and I'm about at the end of my rope.

Suggestion

Can we at least change the Accuracy augment to be Accuracy+Power? The combat team's decision, coupled with (once again) terribly optimized Enhancements on raid gear would be, would be a lot more palatable if the Accuracy augment was a proper DPS item. Farming 10 raid tokens to make a 6 piece DPS set with Accuracy enhancements...again...is not worth the time. It's just not fun any more. Let DPS Augment with a solid DPS accuracy augment (since Accuracy is clearly our main DPS stat) and you will have much happier players.

-Tanks get a built in 10% bonus now so that they don't have to use any of their stat budget for gear. This is necessary for survival, but it leaves them free to spend their stats however they want.

- Healers don't need accuracy at all. They are free to make use of newly improved Alacrity, as well as plenty of surge.

It's already irrelevant to two out of three roles. So why is it needed for the third?

The answer is, it isn't. It's a dumb and lazy crutch used to keep DPS in check. All it is, or ever has been, is a flat deduction from the stat budget of DPS classes. Anything less than 758 is fail. Anything more than 758 is wasted. Once you have 758, it means nothing and you forget that the stat even exists (until the next expac comes around and you have to restack to the new threshold for it, whatever that is).

They said that they want people to have more choice and that they wanted more stats to be relevant to more setups, like alacrity. Accuracy is not a choice, and at this point all it does it exclude choices you otherwise might make. And it isn't need for anything they think it is needed for.

If they need to check DPS, then they should just check DPS. Remove accuracy and just scale the abilities to the level they need to be at with a budget that allows any combination of Surge and Alacrity for any spec. Problem solved. Useless and annoying mechanic removed.

As others have pointed out already, WoW just removed hit rating in the last expac, for exactly this reason. It was viewed as annoying, dumb, and useless by players. Which it is. So they took it out and adjusted accordingly, leaving you to make actual choices with actual stats rather than making you waste more than half your slots stacking a useless stat to negate a useless mechanic.

If they really want to introduce more "tactics" and dimensions to combat in, for instance, PvP, then accuracy isn't needed for that either; in fact RNG dodge is the exact opposite of tactics and skill. You want "taunts to miss?" No problem. Give us a universal 2-second active dodge (100% chance to evade any incoming attack or effect) on a short cooldown, for active, tactical use. That gives people an actual choice, based on timing and tactics and circumstances, as to when to use it and when to spend it.

Edited by Heezdedjim

well as it is... accuracy seem to be 0.5% off or there about though if it should inflate with the current stats... been looking over it and can see it on my own personal stats as it is.

where as had 101.2 or something before 3.0 I now have 94.7... that is more or less like 0.5% off am a combat sent hence the 6% difference instead of 3% which it would be for all other classes.

My critical chance is also a tad off and same with surge.

It is not by much, so would still recommend looking over it again and even if so, it would not be game breaking even if that tiny amount got fixed.

Hey everyone,

I heard back from the Combat team, and Accuracy is right where it should be. The Accuracy change (more Accuracy Rating granting more Accuracy per point) that was mentioned on the Global Combat livestream and in the Patch Notes never ended up going out. Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

With that being said, we are happy with DPS numbers as they are right now and therefore have no plans currently to adjust Accuracy. As always we will continue to monitor DPS and will make changes as needed.

And you waited until people posted complaining/wondering about it to mention this? Would it have been too hard to post about it the day the freakin patch went live? I guess so...:rolleyes:

Utterly unacceptable.

You PVE guys are all missing the point (as usual). The devs WANT you to miss on attacks. They don't want you hitting the accuracy cap and never missing. You want to get your surge levels up? Sorry, you'll have to miss some attacks. You want to get your alacrity levels up? SORRY, you're going to be missing attacks. It's quite obvious. You don't get everything while sacrificing nothing. Make the hard choices.

Us PVPers have been acutely aware of this since the launch of 3.0. There's going to be a lot more misses in PVP, especially on Inquisitors/Consulars, and obviously tanks. And I'm fine with this because I'm not going to invest points in accuracy and I will roll the die and hope to not miss. Most PVPers are going 0 accuracy, maybe 1 piece at most. Why? Because surge is better. Alacrity for dot specs is better than accuracy. Accuracy is merely a dice roll.

For PVPers reading this, keep your surge at a good level because burst crits are what kills people in PVP. If you play a dot or cast spec, keep your alacrity at a decent level because faster casts and faster dot ticks are beneficial.

Edited by revcrisis

Hey everyone,

I heard back from the Combat team, and Accuracy is right where it should be. The Accuracy change (more Accuracy Rating granting more Accuracy per point) that was mentioned on the Global Combat livestream and in the Patch Notes never ended up going out. Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

With that being said, we are happy with DPS numbers as they are right now and therefore have no plans currently to adjust Accuracy. As always we will continue to monitor DPS and will make changes as needed.

So... You actually WANT people to be spending 750 Tertiary stat budget on Accuracy? That's CRAZY... even in the Yavin gear it's hard to get that accuracy. If you tweaked it to need 700 accuracy to reach max, that's fine, but 750, that's like 2/3rds of our Tertiary stat down the drain...

You PVE guys are all missing the point (as usual). The devs WANT you to miss on attacks. They don't want you hitting the accuracy cap and never missing. You want to get your surge levels up? Sorry, you'll have to miss some attacks. You want to get your alacrity levels up? SORRY, you're going to be missing attacks. It's quite obvious. You don't get everything while sacrificing nothing. Make the hard choices.

Us PVPers have been acutely aware of this since the launch of 3.0. There's going to be a lot more misses in PVP, especially on Inquisitors/Consulars, and obviously tanks. And I'm fine with this because I'm not going to invest points in accuracy and I will roll the die and hope to not miss. Most PVPers are going 0 accuracy, maybe 1 piece at most. Why? Because surge is better. Alacrity for dot specs is better than accuracy. Accuracy is merely a dice roll.

For PVPers reading this, keep your surge at a good level because burst crits are what kills people in PVP. If you play a dot or cast spec, keep your alacrity at a decent level because faster casts and faster dot ticks are beneficial.

You're wrong. One spec (SS) have absolutely no F/T attacks. Few have mostly M/R (Anni (DoT application rely on Melee, the DoT is Force tho), Combat, Vigi, Gunnery)... Every other spec rely on F/T abilities. A lot. No one have base F/T resist chance. So for every other spec, having any accuracy is just plain unuseful. And for the few spec actually benefiting from accuracy, most classes have a 5% defense chance.. so not nearly as much accuracy as what a PvE'er needs.

In PvP, you won't miss on your interupt without accuracy. In PvE you can.. ANd it normally means a painful wipe.

Just wanted to come post here about my disgust with the current accuracy state.

I understand that stats need to be rebalanced and you're concerned about scaling but as it stand right now consuming so much of our itemization into accuracy literal destroys any type of stat diversity. I don't enjoy not being able to hit breakpoints because I'm forced into asinine amounts of accuracy.

You're wrong. One spec (SS) have absolutely no F/T attacks. Few have mostly M/R (Anni (DoT application rely on Melee, the DoT is Force tho), Combat, Vigi, Gunnery)... Every other spec rely on F/T abilities. A lot. No one have base F/T resist chance. So for every other spec, having any accuracy is just plain unuseful. And for the few spec actually benefiting from accuracy, most classes have a 5% defense chance.. so not nearly as much accuracy as what a PvE'er needs.

In PvP, you won't miss on your interupt without accuracy. In PvE you can.. ANd it normally means a painful wipe.

Clearly you cannot read English or you do not bother to read. I said accuracy is not useful, read my post again.

Edited by revcrisis

So, "high end level 60 gear" = "nightmare mode".

And, does this mean that everyone else who doesn't play NM suffers because of a tiny number of NM players ?

Geez. Your continued outrage and vendetta against end-game raiders is really misdirected here.

You only need 110% tech/force accuracy against operations bosses due to their high defensive stats. Other NPCs in this game don't require it.

Feel free to swap your stat budget between accuracy / alacrity / surge all you want, you're not "suffering" because you don't play NM. :rolleyes:

Clearly you cannot read English or you do not bother to read. I said accuracy is not useful, read my post again.

But it was for the wrong reason. If everyone in PvP had a 10% resist chance, you would stack accuracy like mad just to be sure the healer you must keep locked won't get his cast off just cause RNG. You don't stack accuracy BECAUSE only few specs rely on M/R and all off them doesn't need more than 5% to never miss on anything but a Consular/Inquisitor or a defense DCD...

Hey everyone,

yeah accuracy is good where it is if you have 180 implants instead of 3.0 crap you ****wit!

Instead of rellying on *********** numbers from some ******* program maybe your devs should get their heads out of their asses and actually play the game and see the stats on your screen.

Just like with so many other stats the devs have completely missed the mark and ****ed up the gameplay.

One example that comes into play is the tanking mitigations and some of the heals.

So, "high end level 60 gear" = "nightmare mode".

And, does this mean that everyone else who doesn't play NM suffers because of a tiny number of NM players ?

You want NiM gear, run in NiM. As it is running around in 186 gear I can do just fine, I haven't run into any problems doing dailies. You only "need" that gear if you run in NiM, plus the reward of being a high end player.

Well but we are very UNHAPPY with DPS numbers as they are right now!!! :mad:

and i think us being happy is more important than u being happy, cause when we are happy u are happy too

just think about it!

So tantrum, much rage, wow.

Speaking for everyone, I see...

Seriously, angry faces? Exclamation points? Baseless claim with no explanation? What are you expecting the devs to do with your post, other than chuckle at it?

they make a spec like balance/madness that need 100% hit or the whole rotation will be a big mess, so in order to not miss the attacks we have to waste 750 acc rating which obviously mean very low DPS for some spec

Edited by stkan

Hey everyone,

What you're saying is that the Combat team forgot about it and are too lazy to fix it. Way to go BW :p

You're clueless. Utterly clueless. Don't presume to know anything about PvE when you know nothing of PvP either.