Accuracy Raiting post 3.0

Doubledeath

Yes, but the Accuracy situation is an illusion of choice.

That is exactly correct. For DPS hitting the Accuracy cap is a must. Right now you need about 750 Accuracy ratting.

Current 198 item level gear (com or Hard Mode Ops) you get 120 per enhancement or Ear / Implant. That means you need 6 items with Accuracy just to get to 720 accuracy. That will put you in the 99% or 109% for Force/Tech.

Adding 1 Accuracy Augment would put you over the cap.

A character has 10 inventory slots that can equip Accuracy. At the 198 item level in the game, you need 6 slots with Accuracy plus 1 augment. That only leaves 4 inventory slots for Surge / Alacrity.

Accuracy is a illusion of choice.

Edited by TonyBuss

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Agree.

Most MMO players detest having to make hard choices...or any choices at all. :)

They want it ALL... and they want it NAO. :p

Way to miss the *entire* point of the complaint. People *want* there to be a choice. Before, there was no choice because alacrity was essentially useless for dps, so people just capped their accuracy and dumped the rest into surge. Now, the problem is Bioware went through all this trouble to make alacrity appealing for dps and actually compete for part of your stat budget, but there is *still* no choice because of the accuracy issue. The first thing a dps always has to do with their tertiary stats is hit 100%/110% accuracy, then they can play around with the remainder of their budget to find the best combination of surge and alacrity. Accuracy isn't a choice, it's a mandatory stat for dps; surge and alacrity are where the *choice* actually occurs. But now just hitting that accuracy target takes up such a ridiculous part of the stat budget that you only get a couple slots left for surge or alacrity, so there is not a meaningful choice.

If the accuracy rating required to hit 100%/110% accuracy was reduced, there would be more slots available for people to choose between surge and alacrity. Then people could choose to stack alacrity, or stack surge, or try to balance the two. And THAT is what people in this thread want: for there to be a meaningful choice.

If the accuracy rating required to hit 100%/110% accuracy was reduced, there would be more slots available for people to choose between surge and alacrity. Then people could choose to stack alacrity, or stack surge, or try to balance the two. And THAT is what people in this thread want: for there to be a meaningful choice.

You'll get the choice as you gear up. It always works this way in every MMO I have ever played. When there is an expansion, DPS have to stack accuracy/hit/whatever its called at the start and as they get better gear they can get other stats.

Nicely put.

They planned and worked for Alacrity to be awesome and stuff for dps, so it was going to be a stat be mixed with the others. But they did this while they were planning for a Accuracy "buff" due to the removal of the 3% from skills.

Howerver, at the last moment, they killed the buff killing the room needed for Alacrity. Brilliant.

You mean they forgot or didn't have time to do the "buff" and now it's live so oh well.

A lot of things in this expansion were thrown together and released...

All of you need to realize that you have an augment budget of 728 points. At 198, you get 1200 points to spend in tertiary stats. Minus the ~750 accuracy, you get 450 points to put in Surge and Alacrity. But you can use your entire augment budget on them if that is what you wish. Straight up augmenting for Main stat / power + the odd accuracy piece is very likely a thing of the past.

Hey everyone,

I heard back from the Combat team, and Accuracy is right where it should be. The Accuracy change (more Accuracy Rating granting more Accuracy per point) that was mentioned on the Global Combat livestream and in the Patch Notes never ended up going out. Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

With that being said, we are happy with DPS numbers as they are right now and therefore have no plans currently to adjust Accuracy. As always we will continue to monitor DPS and will make changes as needed.

So with a choice of doing work or not doing work.. not doing work won... funny that....

looks like either you miss 10% of the time or learn how to hit really hard with a wet noodle.

Problem isn't missing 10% of the time.... Over a long enough period of time it does even out. Problem is both in tight burn phase where a single misss can push your DPS down enough to wipe your group and in fight with major interrupt you can't miss without wiping.

So who is going to work out the numbers on just how much 100/110 matters now that it means giving up almost your entire stat budget to get it? What about 99/109, or 98/108, or 97/107? What percent of miss is acceptable if it means getting back 100 or 200 or 300 points of rating to put into Surge or Alacrity?

This 100/110 cap has been the "must have" for so long only because it was so cheap to get there that you had no excuse for not doing it before putting points into anything else. But when you're deep into DR and blowing your entire budget just to guarantee "perfect" accuracy, things may be getting a bit off the rails.

The game has a miss mechanic because you're meant to miss. Maybe they did this specifically because they want people to see what happens when you try more balanced combinations rather than just blindly insisting on always capping one thing above all else so you never have to see Miss or Dodge in your flytext.

When we get to the 216 rating gear a few months down the line and stat budgets have blown up to the point that capping accuracy is no longer such a squeeze, then it might become a must have again. At this point it's not all that clear that stacking it to the exclusion of all else is anywhere close to optimal.

Edited by Heezdedjim

well, no 100/110% is still the must have.Don't forget that when 2.0 patch goes live even with the 3% accuracy talent (and when 2.0 was released, some AC class didn't have this talent ) we need almost 460 accu rating. The best enhancement was the 72 one (169 now) with 79 accu on it.

460/79 = 5,82

That's mean in order to get the accu cap we needed either 6 acc enhancement or 5 + 2 acc augment. Now in 198 gear we need 6 acc enchancement + 1 acc. But 198 is the top gear from the first tier of content (like 72/169 was). If the curve stay the same we'll have like 3 more tiers :

2.0 patch :

72/169 (2.0 release)

75/174 (S&V + TFB nim release)

78/180 (DP + DF hm release)

81/186 (DP + DF nim release)

3.0 patch :

84/198 (3.0 release)

87/204 (2 new ops hm ?)

90/210 (yavin + rishi nim ?)

93/216 (the 2 new ops from 87/204 in nim mode ?)

Yes it's pure spéculation, but it actually does make sence. Since each tier of enchancement give us around 9% increase in acc/afflux/alac/absorb, we'll get around :

130 acc in 87/204 gear

142 acc in 90/210 gear

155 acc in 93/216 gear

the Acc cap will remain the same, so in the last top tier of content we should have 760/155 = 4,9, so that mean 5 enhancement to reach the cap (prio to 4 enhancement and 1 acc augment with 186 gear in 2.10) and 4 slot to use alac or surge (620 stat budget), i think it's fair.

So yes it's a big deal now, but we'll forget this in some patch, don't worry about it ;)

BTW Thanks Tait for the respond ;)

Edited by Mitsugoya

I think I'm likely to be using 4 accuracy pieces and the rest from augments. It looks easier to get hold of power/surge and power/alacrity (I have several sitting in my hold which can't be used due to accuracy atm).

Nop you'll loose a insane amount of power this way.

All your spells gain from power, only critical gains from surge, and due to the fact that we no longer have a lot of crit, surge don't worth to be spend over accuracy. Best way to go is in 186 (7 enhancement + 1 augment), 192 (7 acc enhancement) and in 198 (6 acc enhancement + 1 acc augment)

Thats fair. And i didn't mean to imply we should be capping out our stats at the beginning of the new tier. I just find accuracy to be a very boring stat. Was hoping when they talked about giving more accuracy per point with the loss of the talent in our trees that there wouldn't be such a big jump in rating needed. Was hoping for more of a budget to experiment with surge and alacrity (considering the way they talked it up) . But whatever, we adjust and move on. Still not sure how they can say they are "happy" with the dps numbers considering what we are seeing with some specs.

That's pretty much the issue, if you want to raise your Accuracy there's so little room to add Surge or Alacrity that Alacrity will once again be the least desired stat. In the end nothing has changed.

Edited by demotivator

Am i the only one who seems to like the change of the accuracy rating?

Seeing the miss pop up once in a while actually makes the fights more fun for me. Knowing that my Maul or Assassinate might miss is quite nerve racking and i don't seem to mind it as it give a bit of thrill to the game. I think all games should have a miss chance added to 'em. In real life (if you still know what real life is :p ) you also miss.

Just my opinion as a casual Assassin enjoying a good game. :)

The combat team is the same bunch who advocated wholesale changes because players (in NIGHTMARE OPs) were exceeding the "baseline". Not ceiling - "baseline".

So, as some of us pointed out in the damage thread - level 60's NOW are doing about the same damage as a level 55 pre 3.0.

Enjoy running DF / DP until 4.0 drops.

The combat team is the same bunch who advocated wholesale changes because players (in NIGHTMARE OPs) were exceeding the "baseline". Not ceiling - "baseline".

Yes, this is possibly indeed about Nightmare Mode gear :

Following internal testing, the team decided to not implement the change as they were happy with where it was when using high end level 60 gear.

So, "high end level 60 gear" = "nightmare mode".

And, does this mean that everyone else who doesn't play NM suffers because of a tiny number of NM players ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Note was already removed.

I think you've forgotten a part

Stat Changes

Accuracy skills have been removed from the game, and Accuracy is now a gearing consideration only. Additionally, Accuracy Rating now gives more Accuracy per point. Tank Classes now gain 10% Accuracy for being in the appropriate “Tank Stance,” but lose some damage. This change was made in response to their being no counter-play to Taunts in PvP – it was simply a damage reduction with no recourse for those afflicted by it.

Alacrity now speeds up ability activation, speeds up global cooldowns, resource regeneration, Duration of DoTs (DoTs deal the same amount of damage, but faster), and reduces internal cooldowns. This change was to make Alacrity more useful as it now always makes you faster, and eliminates situations where Alacrity could actually be disruptive to your rotation or resources.

Am i the only one who seems to like the change of the accuracy rating?

Seeing the miss pop up once in a while actually makes the fights more fun for me. Knowing that my Maul or Assassinate might miss is quite nerve racking and i don't seem to mind it as it give a bit of thrill to the game. I think all games should have a miss chance added to 'em. In real life (if you still know what real life is :p ) you also miss.

Just my opinion as a casual Assassin enjoying a good game. :)

At least in the highest PvE endgame, you're not allowed to miss an attack, so you should have at least 99.5% accuracy. Mainly, this is related to adds during boss fights. If an add is at 1% health and has a few dots ticking on it, you need to rely that the dots will kill the add guaranteed and DPS can already move to the next target, saving a few seconds so that the boss will not enrage.

Yes, you can leave out accuracy, but I'd not recommend it to any member of my raiding group.

Edited by Jerba

the Acc cap will remain the same, so in the last top tier of content we should have 760/155 = 4,9, so that mean 5 enhancement to reach the cap (prio to 4 enhancement and 1 acc augment with 186 gear in 2.10) and 4 slot to use alac or surge (620 stat budget), i think it's fair.

So yes it's a big deal now, but we'll forget this in some patch, don't worry about it ;)

BTW Thanks Tait for the respond ;)

Yes, when they release the 216 gear or something like that, they will advertise, yet again, Alacrity as an appealing stat to stack for dps :rak_01: