Solo Flashpoints, what I do not understand

Kalfear

So they went ahead and made solo flashpoint

OK, after the 12x XP debacle that was Group Finder Flashpoints last number of weeks, I actually quite enjoy NOT having to EVER enter Group Finder again, EVER.

Not sure how that helps a MMO (kinda flys ing face of MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ) but what ever, works for me and at this stage of game that's all I really care about anymore.

But here is the part I do not understand

Why the god Droid?

Why not allow us to use our own companions instead?

I would LOVE to enter a flashpoint with Qyzen (tank), Nadia (DPS), HK (Ranged DPS), and myself as sage healer

That option alone would be an absolute home run concept for me and would also have the benefit of giving meaning to gearing additional companions I never use to utilize while adventuring.

Instead I get this god droid that I really do not care about in any manner

I don't understand how EA managed to miss such a obvious home run concept in place for the easy band-aid.

As I said, love that I can solo those flashpoints now and really do not expect Ill ever enter Group Finder again (unless in a full group of guildies or friends as full 4 man pre mades).

I just don't understand how such a golden opportunity to utilize existing companions was missed by EA.

Just seems like a easy decision that had success written all over it.

Love soloing the flash points

would love it even more if it was a group of my selection regarding companions used

That droid you slander is smarter than 80% of tanks I've found in group finder.

Bow before him, he is your god.

He complains about your lackluster performance now rather than your teammates. Bioware hears his complaints and will be deleting your characters for offending the god droid.

Edited by undiess

Worked for me as a heal-sage. Nadia Grell and the driod cleared Mamaan 'solo' in about 10-15 mins. -Though admittedly I knew the fights and mechanics from running it with other characters. The only surprise was that I hadn't done it before when I thought I had. Edited by Storm-Cutter

That droid you slander is smarter than 80% of tanks I've found in group finder.

Yep. He actually guards YOU during combat, in case you didn't notice. He also can one-shot silvers and two-shot elites, while tanking an entire pack of them. If all our companions were as good as that droid, the game would play itself.

Your companions have limitations on their ability to perform that are based upon their toolkits and skills. The droid doesn't have any of these limitations. Without additional systems in place, the droid is better suited to keep you alive.

And this system isn't meant to replace group finder. Its simply meant to allow a player to experience the story from a flashpoint. You can only use this solo mode once you have a mission that requires you to complete the flashpoint to continue the story for a planet.

Whether or not this is even available for flashpoints before Forged Alliances and the new expansion is unknown to me.

Probably because having an instance where multiple companions are allowed to be out at once, with whatever gear they're equipped with, would have taken A LOT more programming changes. Not to mention, it probably would have caused major lag or latency issues.

Plus, I need my companions to do what they're good at right now, gathering and crafting.

Edited by GatorAndy

Yep. He actually guards YOU during combat, in case you didn't notice. He also can one-shot silvers and two-shot elites, while tanking an entire pack of them. If all our companions were as good as that droid, the game would play itself.

Not only that, but yesterday my droid got pushed down the edge, and instead of dying he actually jumped back up. (I couldn't believe my eyes, he actually flew through the air with a forward roll - way smoother than a Jedi or Sith.) Must be one of those force-sensitive droids that one of the Jedi Masters in the JK story was talking about.

So they went ahead and made solo flashpoint

OK, after the 12x XP debacle that was Group Finder Flashpoints last number of weeks, I actually quite enjoy NOT having to EVER enter Group Finder again, EVER.

Not sure how that helps a MMO (kinda flys ing face of MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ) but what ever, works for me and at this stage of game that's all I really care about anymore.

But here is the part I do not understand

Why the god Droid?

I would LOVE to enter a flashpoint with Qyzen (tank), Nadia (DPS), HK (Ranged DPS), and myself as sage healer

That option alone would be an absolute home run concept for me and would also have the benefit of giving meaning to gearing additional companions I never use to utilize while adventuring.

Instead I get this god droid that I really do not care about in any manner

I don't understand how EA managed to miss such a obvious home run concept in place for the easy band-aid.

As I said, love that I can solo those flashpoints now and really do not expect Ill ever enter Group Finder again (unless in a full group of guildies or friends as full 4 man pre mades).

I just don't understand how such a golden opportunity to utilize existing companions was missed by EA.

Just seems like a easy decision that had success written all over it.

Love soloing the flash points

would love it even more if it was a group of my selection regarding companions used

My guess is the system is not designed to have more than one companion out. If they changed it in the flashpoint they would have to change it in the open world as well. Also that could cause sever latency

God Droid is better than Treek. He/it doesn't even talk. Does a crappy job healing my companion most of the time, but that's why I was running my Bodyguard Merc.

The droid is actually a great healer. He only has one heal though, and he doesn't seem to use it until you or your companion are below 10% health. When he does use it, the target it back to 100% after a single heal.

I don't think its possible to die with the droid even if you tried.

That would indeed be awesome.

for those 3-4 posters that actually responded on topic thanks

For the rest

Dont you people ever get tired of NOT reading and comprehending the original post

Would think eventually with you posting comments that have nothing to do with original post you would grow tired of looking illiterate.

- didnt complain about soloing flashpoint (quite the opposite)

- didnt complain about droid, asked a question why they didnt go with better (IMO) system

- didnt mention anyone dieing

- didnt even hint or suggest you couldnt enter with a single companion and droid (I asked why it wasnt 2 or 3 companions rather then droid, there is a MASSIVE difference)

- ect ect ect

Reading comprehension is your friend, might wanna try it some day

LOL, I want to take the droid and solo DF/DP SM. X-D

Reading comprehension is your friend, might wanna try it some day

Someone already answered your question, Droid is a toggle and an option. You're not forced to use the mighty Droid.

Droid is not amused you make fun of it's disciples. Droid is planning multiple variations of your demise. :hope_05: