The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hate this new skill tree

FlamingoChest

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im probably gonna go to another game already found a few that caught my interest and dont have this dumbed down system. Plus i been a sub since day 1 and frankly it sucks.

Bye?

It's not like anything changed much (everyone used the same setups anyway) except now it's actually easier and faster to swap specs (since you only have to choose utility skills) so you basically get the 'benefit' of standardized specs along with the benefit of easier switching between them. It's a win-win.

I absolutely hate the new system and feel I have been ripped off for what money I have spent on this game I feel we should try to get everyone to quit not many people played anyways but we liked it how it was

Hating the new system and expressing as much is not only understandable, it is certainly welcome in this forum. That is, after all, what the forum is for despite what other folks may claim.

I say express how you feel.

HOWEVER....trying to get folks to campaign in a way to get OTHER folks to quit playing is petty IMO. It's one thing to express your grievance, it is quite another to convince folks to boycott a game.

Just as you have the right to view the changes how you see fit, and express any grievances openly, you should respect the rights of those folks that wish to express satisfaction and support the game.

people like it ppl dont ppl that do like it jump down our throats for not liking it, and thats biased and stupid. just cause we dont share the same likes as yall(not you specifically) they ram it down our throats. its stupid

What? Jesus. Reading that reply made my grade 4 English teacher roll over in her grave

BioWare has the numbers and they agree with it.

So... Bioware has numbers showing that everyone used the same handful of builds?

Now please respond to the rest of the post instead of cherry-picking part of one sentence and jumping on that.

I responded to the part that was factually incorrect.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Bye?

It's not like anything changed much (everyone used the same setups anyway) except now it's actually easier and faster to swap specs (since you only have to choose utility skills) so you basically get the 'benefit' of standardized specs along with the benefit of easier switching between them. It's a win-win.

Switching being easier and faster is the worst argument for the new system. Easier and faster could have been achieved through other means, like an option to save specs.

LOL, those that hated the changes haven't left and quitted the game yet?

I thought, with that much hatred against this change, they and their "friends" whom abhorred this discipline change would have dumped SWTOR and never looked back.

They should also know by now that whines will not make MMO developers/studios to roll back on major changes like this one.

They should quit before the accumulating vitriol in their body kills them.

So... Bioware has numbers showing that everyone used the same handful of builds?

Can you chill, all of your posting today has been nothing but emotional garbage. Think, be reasonable, you don't have to agree with disciplines, but be rational about it instead of all the "RAWR ITS RUINED RAWR, AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A COOKIECUTTER"

Edited by Zoom_VI

Do they need to? Everyone doesn't do PvP, but warzones are still in the game. Everyone doesn't use the best gear, but it still exists. If they found that <5% of the population was using something, they would either remove it, improve it so more people would use it, or leave it with no support.

In the case of skill trees, the vast majority of players were using the same builds for a given spec. The outliers were classes like Sin that had hybrid specs that could outperform a full spec or players who were not choosing talents to be most effective (like yourself). There is nothing wrong with the way you were playing, but the dev's intention was to stop the former reason, not the latter. At most, the majority of players were taking 2 or 3 points different than other players, which is actually expanded to 7 with utility options now.

You are taking everyone to be literal, when in fact it is simply intended to mean the vast majority of players. Hybrid specs are the new 8v8 ranked warzones. BW couldn't afford to allocate resources to improve the system, so they came up with a new system to replace it. Not every player will like the new system, but there are positive reasons for the change that apply to more players.

LOL, those that hated the changes haven't left and quitted the game yet?

I thought, with that much hatred against this change, they and their "friends" whom abhorred this discipline change would have dumped SWTOR and never looked back.

They should also know by now that whines will not make MMO developers/studios to roll back on major changes like this one.

They should quit before the accumulating vitriol in their body kills them.

Congratulations. You just made the most important point of this thread.

If people don't like it. Quit.

/thread

Congratulations. You just made the most important point of this thread.

If people don't like it. Quit.

/thread

Quitting would be too easy. Then we wouldn't have any trolls on the forums and no one mouthing off about how bad everything is.

Without those.. there would be very few posts to reply to.

Do they need to? Everyone doesn't do PvP, but warzones are still in the game. Everyone doesn't use the best gear, but it still exists. If they found that <5% of the population was using something, they would either remove it, improve it so more people would use it, or leave it with no support.

In the case of skill trees, the vast majority of players were using the same builds for a given spec. The outliers were classes like Sin that had hybrid specs that could outperform a full spec or players who were not choosing talents to be most effective (like yourself). There is nothing wrong with the way you were playing, but the dev's intention was to stop the former reason, not the latter. At most, the majority of players were taking 2 or 3 points different than other players, which is actually expanded to 7 with utility options now.

You are taking everyone to be literal, when in fact it is simply intended to mean the vast majority of players. Hybrid specs are the new 8v8 ranked warzones. BW couldn't afford to allocate resources to improve the system, so they came up with a new system to replace it. Not every player will like the new system, but there are positive reasons for the change that apply to more players.

And that's really it. Nice post. Streamlined class system, much easier to balance and control with more player FUNCTIONAL choice.

Its a win for everyone except those clinging to hybrid builds which Bioware has openly stated were not the intention of the system.

Played a hybrid? Too bad. Get over it or move on.

Quitting would be too easy. Then we wouldn't have any trolls on the forums and no one mouthing off about how bad everything is.

Without those.. there would be very few posts to reply to.

I would love a forum with more substance and less posture.

Wouldn't you?

It is not a win for casuals, IMO, if they expect folks to repay for skills they already had.

That one change is pretty foolish IMO. It is the most basic rule of all MMOs...you NEVER charge a player for the same ability twice after making changes. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when making this kind of change.

I hope this is some kind of oversight, because I don't see this one change ending well for Bioware.

One promising note...there doesn't seem to be that much backlash over the new discipline system in chat, so that is good. Hopefully that is a sign that at least THAT change is being well received.

But the anger in game over having to pay for abilities you already paid for in the past is pretty epic.

Bye?

Valid point. And as for those "rage quitting" over this (at least a few posts in this thread alone), I hope you find fun somewhere else. But for me, the fun of the game wasn't tied into the "skill trees" but the actual play and feel of a Star Wars universe...and that hasn't changed one bit :)

Happily excited to be trying new content and hope there is more to come :)

Also, on a side note....you want to get rid of those that are unhappy with the change? Be ready to open your wallets.

Because if you push folks to leave the game AND do not pick up the slack by replacing that revenue the game would actually be better off if YOU left, not those you are encouraging to leave.

This is a vehicle for profit. Like it or not it needs revenue. That means that need takes precedence over any irritation you may suffer due to negative feedback.

Of course, if you are willing to pony up for the lost revenue, then push away.

It is not a win for casuals, IMO, if they expect folks to repay for skills they already had.

That one change is pretty foolish IMO. It is the most basic rule of all MMOs...you NEVER charge a player for the same ability twice after making changes. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when making this kind of change.

I think you posted in the wrong thread, and in the offchance you did, you have to realize that repaying for skills is a bug as evidence by the fact its not universal. For instance On the four toons I have checked so far, only one of them had to repay for skills.

Valid point. And as for those "rage quitting" over this (at least a few posts in this thread alone), I hope you find fun somewhere else. But for me, the fun of the game wasn't tied into the "skill trees" but the actual play and feel of a Star Wars universe...and that hasn't changed one bit :)

Happily excited to be trying new content and hope there is more to come :)

QFT anyone rage quitting over the expansion can i haz your stuffs ??? lol Personally i like the new skill system a lot more organized and streamlined.