Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

At least for the foreseeable future anyway, which is just fine by me. Read and weep:

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

Kudos to Bioware for not giving in. I won't be so crass as to tell players who want this to go back to WoW, but I will point out that you now have a clear choice.

You are more then welcome to keep this game- it will end up in the f2p pile in a year or two if this is the attitude the developers take toward their PAYING customers- we are the ones who will see your return on this game and the profits- not the developers. We are your success- without us you don't have a game- so please pay attention to what the majority wants or you will have another failed mmo like so many in recent years on your hands.

No customers- no return on what you spent developing this game.

take that to your board of directors and see how happy they will be that you lost their investment money :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh :< ive missed several flashpoints because i could not get a group, spamming in /1 is not fun...

Especially not fun since you rushed through to 50. You could always back track and enjoy them with people who are reading the enjoying the story, ya know, levelling at a normal pace? :)

At least for the foreseeable future anyway, which is just fine by me. Read and weep:

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

Kudos to Bioware for not giving in. I won't be so crass as to tell players who want this to go back to WoW, but I will point out that you now have a clear choice.

Sorry but I can't let all the QQ'ers have the fun.. I SUPPORT THIS DECISION! Thank you BW and Stephen Reid.

The LFD should have two options:

- one intra server for people scared of the lack of accountability of others

- one cross server for people who just don't care, accept the risks, and have really social skills.

The LFD will happen, because people are already struggling to find groups.

Combine the trinity demands with the game's structure, and many times you have frustrated people logging out because they have waited in the fleet doing nothing.

In one year, it will be worse for alts/newcomers, when most of the server players will be busy doing endgame.

People who don't want a LFD, even intra-server are just selfish people who think that if they do not have any trouble to find a group, no one will, and cannot see the whole picture, a long term one.

Good thing that they don't develop MMOs.

Very true- I couldn't put it any better myself.

Agree. There's alot of false information about Wow's lfd. Now is actually the best time to have it when you want people to get hooked and not be frustrated finding a group. (2 hours for me as dps last night on a supposedly "full" server.)

Imagine how bad it will be 6-12 months from now.

A lot of people don't know the REASON WoW put in the LFD to begin with. The lower level content was collecting dust and NEW players, TRIAL PLAYERS, couldn't find groups and were thus missing out on alot of content. This will be the same reason BW implements one. A ton of money was spent making this content, BW isn't gonna sit by and watch it NOT get used. Make no mistake (no matter what they say now), BW is in the business of getting subscriptions and if NEW players a year from now can't touch half the content, they will do something about.

Yeah, if this game gets a dungeon finder, I might as well go back to wow. Makes for anti-social gamers.

Step 1) Que for dungeon

Step 2) Join dungeon and instantly start fighting after sharing no greetings with your pug

Step 3) Wipe on the first boss

Step 4) Tank calls everyone morons and leaves the pug

Step 5a) Wait for a new tank to join

Step 5b) Leave the pug

I remember those days in vanilla WoW. You get a random whisper for a dungeon, and you say sure! You go in and while clearing it out, you begin talking amongst yourselves, start to make friends (god forbid) and before you know it, you guys are raiding together/pvping... good times.

Social interaction. You hook players, make them do work, meet people, have fun with said people, keep subscribing to play with your internet buds. It's a little crazy, I know, to play online and actually do more than just sit quietly and clear an instance/flashpoint. If you're just trying to burn to max level in a game alone and become the best solo player, *** are you doing here? Go play single-player games on the hardest difficulty, or one of the FPS shooters. They'd love you there.

I agree with them, no LFD tool is good. That kind of thing was part of what caused wow to be in the state it's at now and it's community to degrade.

At the moment TOR actually feels like an MMO should. You have to interact with people around you and you make new contacts for later. In wow you can join random queues for just about everything (without ever leaving the main cities) and never need talk to anyone :/

Edited by NasherUK

I can't stand having to spam and watch /1 to find a group. I find myself simply not participating in group quests or flashpoints because I have no desire to spend any amount of time finding a group.

Telling people; "We're not going to implement a LFD tool because we want people on similar planets to socially interact" is ridiculous. If I want to interact with people I will do so, if I want to find a quick group I should be able to do that. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Implement a LFD tool and if people want to use /1 they are still welcome to do that to find a group. Whats that you say? If they implement a LFD tool no one will use /1? Well no ****, its because we are being forced to use /1 and given an alternative that system will completely die.

They can say they won't be adding a LFD all they want, because the fact is they will -- if they don't want everyone to quit :)

So I don't really care about Reid's response to LFD, because he's wrong.

If people are quitting because there is no AutoFindGroup button, then I say good riddance.

And wish 'em a happy World of Kung Fu Panda 2012.

Yeah, if this game gets a dungeon finder, I might as well go back to wow. Makes for anti-social gamers.

Step 1) Que for dungeon

Step 2) Join dungeon and instantly start fighting after sharing no greetings with your pug

Step 3) Wipe on the first boss

Step 4) Tank calls everyone morons and leaves the pug

Step 5a) Wait for a new tank to join

Step 5b) Leave the pug

Step 1: atleast u can do the dungeons, now i cant, just missed about 50%.

Step 2: why do u wana do a flashpoint, to do the flashpoint or to have a teaparty?

If u want u can say hi, i do and people tlak back.

Step 3: might happends, mostly it dosent.

step 4: might happends, nodiffrenceif u using lfg or spamming /1 tho.

step 5: with a lfg u requeue and get a new tank in 5min, without it u have to travel out of the instance and start spamming /1 for another 30min+

step 5: with lfg u dont have to, u used requeue and get new members, without a lfg u probably just quit.

Screw LFD tool, can we at least get a global LFD chat? Why should I waste my time in the fleet doing nothing just to run some Flashpoint?

Bioware takes pride in it's content? Awesome, I did not see Mandalorian Riders and never did Cadamimu and other stuff, just because it is impossible to get a proper group in any reasonable time.

I remember spamming /1 for Cadamimu then joining up with healer spamming some more... Then quitting since none was around and getting back to fleet in like 90 mins seeing said healer still spamming /1. I am sure he had fun.

If people are quitting because there is no AutoFindGroup button, then I say good riddance.

And wish 'em a happy World of Kung Fu Panda 2012.

why do people try to make it wow vs tor??

I play both and im sure many people do that.

Is it so hard to understand that not everyone is like u, a fanboi??

I can't stand having to spam and watch /1 to find a group. I find myself simply not participating in group quests or flashpoints because I have no desire to spend any amount of time finding a group.

Then you miss a lot of adventures, I say.

For example, I was on Balmorra yesterday, and was questing in the very beginning of Droid Factory.

1) A Inquistor was bashing mobs right next to me, so I invited him to make a group so it would be quicker.

2) Then we finished, but wanted to explore a bit more. A bonus mission popped, and was involving killing Elites and Champions.

3) So we started announcing on the gen chat we were looking for buddies to complete the mission. We found 2 nearby volunteers.

From this very point, I swear we lived the most rock n roll adventure I ever had since I started swtor. For 2 hours and a half.

There were Elites / Champions everywhere, and we had to be very careful on what we did not to die on every step.

We chatted, had some laughter, some chills because of highly challenging mobs. We had some shared fun. This ended in one of them inviting us to apply for his guild, which happened to be one of the best of the server.

We even stayed grouped until we reached the initial quest givers.

All of that because we chatted, gathered at different points, and actually wanted to explore.

And that ... I swear to god that it would never happen with a LFD made group.

In LFD, it would have been instant teleport to the quest zone, accomplish it, and then goodbye teleport away.

Edited by kineticdamage

why do people try to make it wow vs tor??

I play both and im sure many people do that.

Is it so hard to understand that not everyone is like u, a fanboi??

Step 1: atleast u can do the dungeons, now i cant, just missed about 50%.

Step 2: why do u wana do a flashpoint, to do the flashpoint or to have a teaparty?

If u want u can say hi, i do and people tlak back.

Step 3: might happends, mostly it dosent.

step 4: might happends, nodiffrenceif u using lfg or spamming /1 tho.

step 5: with a lfg u requeue and get a new tank in 5min, without it u have to travel out of the instance and start spamming /1 for another 30min+

step 5: with lfg u dont have to, u used requeue and get new members, without a lfg u probably just quit.

If you're writing like that in the general chat, it's no wonder you end up being all alone.

It's not our fault if you lack basic social skills (by judging how you jumped on me claiming I'm a "fanboy" just because I don't like WoW anymore).

I bet action will be taken to create some sort of tool in the near feature after they see this thread has over 70 pages and 17k views.

Clearly it means this is an issue.

People having to give some effort while there is a more effortless version at concurrents is always an issue for them.

On another hand, it's like saying oil companies will have to lower their price because people are complaining about it.

If you listen to majority of humans, everything should be free, perfect, and limitless. How's that a reference ?

Edited by kineticdamage

Screw LFD tool, can we at least get a global LFD chat? Why should I waste my time in the fleet doing nothing just to run some Flashpoint?

Bioware takes pride in it's content? Awesome, I did not see Mandalorian Riders and never did Cadamimu and other stuff, just because it is impossible to get a proper group in any reasonable time.

I remember spamming /1 for Cadamimu then joining up with healer spamming some more... Then quitting since none was around and getting back to fleet in like 90 mins seeing said healer still spamming /1. I am sure he had fun.

^ Genius.

But lets look at the pro's and cons of a LFD, and see there.

Pros:

1. Faster dungeon queues

2. Experience more content at a faster rate

3. Good gear kinda quick. Don't drop first time, go again.

4. Fast leveling, even faster if rested.

Cons:

1. You don't build the group you want, nor do you pick the class. This can be disasterous if the tank and/or healer barely meet the minimum requirements.

2. Social interaction is a minimum. Just because you try to start a convo doesn't mean they reply.

3. There is no commitment to the group itself. Feel free to leave anytime and quest until the debuff goes away.

4. The good gear earned in the pros disappears a few levels later by greens. (This con is iffy.)

5. Gets boring. Especially if you rinse and repeat for a few hours.

Notice the difference? All the pros are specific for the efficiency player, and the cons for the more social player. This fight will continue forever on in eternity. But if you're playing a game purely to be efficient, you'd spend your time better playing a JRPG, or speed running through games.

Theyll put it in...there will be a LFG tool, dual spec, customizable UI and combat log in this game within 6 months I would stake my life on it. Theyre riding high now because its Star Wars and they got a lot more subscribers than most MMOs released in the past few years. Once people start leaving in droves in a few months due to the missing features Bioware will actually realize what they need to do to stay competitive in todays MMO market. Will they sloppily rush all of these features to try and stem the tide or actually implement them properly before its too late? Time will tell I suppose