What Gets Your Goat In GSF?

lwiggles

What drives you crazy in GSF games? I'll try to get us going with one

" I hate it when I have fully charged slug aimed at a bomber on satt... and a nanosecond before I shoot .. they drop a mine .. which I hit for 150 instead of a face melting crit on the ship ... arghh"

Obvious pre-made with mastered ships on the other side combined with no replies from my "team" on the group chat on any sort of plan to at least try something with our dinky lvl 0-2 upgraded ships.

Or even better: I make suggestion at beginning for a satellite to cap. Dead silence. Then as the premade's score reaches 850+ someone pipes up with: "Stick together, I can't fight them alone."

*facepalm*

Obvious pre-made with mastered ships on the other side combined with no replies from my "team" on the group chat on any sort of plan to at least try something with our dinky lvl 0-2 upgraded ships.

Or even better: I make suggestion at beginning for a satellite to cap. Dead silence. Then as the premade's score reaches 850+ someone pipes up with: "Stick together, I can't fight them alone."

*facepalm*

NONO, I was wrong, my post above was wrong THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF

I would have to say, working at the times everyone else is having a great time during prime time!

Other than that maybe being the only five shipper on my team and the opposite team knows NOT to leave me alone! LOL

Happens a lot when this guy named No-Swap is on. ;). Just kidding buddy!

Edited by SithAceI

One-sided matches. No matter what side of it you're on, it's boring.

Nothing but snare.

Noob Invulnerability Shield (charged plating). Seriously, slug rail for 16 damage? Heavies for 4? Most of the upgrades in the tree aren't make-or-break, but armor piercing is one of them.

Five-shippers with the skill of newbie, who never seems to improve his skill regardless of team composition and number of match play. :(

The other thing that would drive me crazy is the yelling at the end of the match like "(name) don't que again". That's just mean and rude! :mad:

I hate it when someone starts asking how to play the moment the launch happens.

I have mixed feelings on this. While there isn't much useful info one can impart in 5 seconds or whatever, and I'd certainly prefer it if the player had posed the question earlier - at least they're asking. Genuine curiosity/interest is nice to see, as opposed to the legion of pilots who are out there just to be out there.

I've taken to whispering these players either in match (if I have the opportunity) or after, with a copy/paste I keep on hand - directing them to check the swtor.com GSF forum after the match or to pst me later for info. I think I've put at least a few guys on the right track this way.

I think.

Everything else listed in this thread bothers me, though now I've simply become accustomed to power dying once per match. Also - evasion/missed shots on stationary targets like drones and mines. That chaps my hide big time.

I have mixed feelings on this. While there isn't much useful info one can impart in 5 seconds or whatever, and I'd certainly prefer it if the player had posed the question earlier - at least they're asking.

No, I just hate it with every bone. If someone doesn't know and asks, that's forethought, good. If someone doesn't know and learns by trying, that's a slower path but it has some advantages for sure, experience is the best teacher. If they want help, but don't realize to ask until the actual moment the game is going on, so angry.

I've taken to whispering these players either in match (if I have the opportunity) or after, with a copy/paste I keep on hand - directing them to check the swtor.com GSF forum after the match or to pst me later for info. I think I've put at least a few guys on the right track this way.

I've taken to telling them to shut up and play, and if they want to whisper out of game and I'll help them. I hardly ever get that whisper. It could be because I'm mean to their stupid faces, but I actually suspect it's more of the same- they can't be bothered to care about GSF, or probably anything in life, except for the actual moments they are engaged in it.

Also - evasion/missed shots on stationary targets like drones and mines. That chaps my hide big time.

I don't think they have evasion, but they can be at high deflection. I agree that's frustrating.

Interestingly, the opening line- when the mine tanks the railgun- is actually both the "you got lucky" and the "wow good play" moment. An enemy can absolutely drop a defensive mine in response to a gunship charging.

For me number one is unbalanced matches. I have no problem flying on underdog team somedays I even prefer losing horribly to completely effortless victory, but I hate it when experienced players who I know have mastered ships stack bombers/gunships/T2 scouts againts clearly weaker team. I think it is happening more and more these days. When on underdog team I have almost always tried to give it my best shot no matter what the odds are, but lately I have just started to give up every now and then. Soon I will probably start leaving those matches before they even start in order to deny enemy pilots even slighest possibility of challange. I can't really blame enemy pilots for doing it, because mostly it's group finder issue and even I do it sometimes when I just want to fly certain ship no matter what for some random reason. Also I know in the end it really wouldn't make much of difference even if they all flew worst possible ship with worst possible build It's just one thing that I hate more than anything else in gsf.

Trash talking. I especially remember one TDM when I was in premade with 2 or 3 other players and one of them who is pretty experienced pilot kept complaining and blaming noobs for most of the match.. our premade carried the match, but we lost 49-50. I can't but think that if that one guy had focused on enemies instead of chatting we would have won it.

Edited by Jasa

I hate the following: I start a Domination match in my Bloodmark, typing "Speed bottom/top"... Reaching "A" I check the map and see half my team still being at the spawnpoint.

Mine is similar to this. I love typing "Tensor pop at top, then to B." and seeing my squad all go to A and C. :eek:

Or they reply "Bomber to C" "GS to A" :rak_02:

For me number one is unbalanced matches. I have no problem flying on underdog team somedays I even prefer losing horribly to completely effortless victory, but I hate it when experienced players who I know have mastered ships stack bombers/gunships/T2 scouts againts clearly weaker team. I think it is happening more and more these days. When on underdog team I have almost always tried to give it my best shot no matter what the odds are, but lately I have just started to give up every now and then. Soon I will probably start leaving those matches before they even start in order to deny enemy pilots even slighest possibility of challange. I can't really blame enemy pilots for doing it, because mostly it's group finder issue and even I do it sometimes when I just want to fly certain ship no matter what for some random reason. Also I know in the end it really wouldn't make much of difference even if they all flew worst possible ship with worst possible build It's just one thing that I hate more than anything else in gsf.

Trash talking. I especially remember one TDM when I was in premade with 2 or 3 other players and one of them who is pretty experienced pilot kept complaining and blaming noobs for most of the match.. our premade carried the match, but we lost 49-50. I can't but think that if that one guy had focused on enemies instead of chatting we would have won it.

Pre-mades against ungeared ships. Its stupid to play a node capture match and have a team without any bombers against a team with bombers and gunships and only 2 players on the other team have the ships needed.

Sorry you need bombers to hold nodes. If you don't have them you cannot win let alone the fact your going to get stomped anyways. Domination without bombers is the same deal. If you cannot bomb the gun ships you'll get pushed right back to spawn and lose. Its automatic. No matter how good your "Stock" pilot is you will not win those matches. Its no different than pvp. 4v4 no heals against 2 heals. Just stupid matching stuff that needs to be fixed.

No, I just hate it with every bone. If someone doesn't know and asks, that's forethought, good. If someone doesn't know and learns by trying, that's a slower path but it has some advantages for sure, experience is the best teacher. If they want help, but don't realize to ask until the actual moment the game is going on, so angry.

For me, the absolute worst is those guys that don't even try...they're just around for conquest points, or whatever. The guys that post zeroes across the board in a 50-48 TDM, or manage a 2% hit rate on 500 blasters fired (apparently aiming at anything and everything except the targeting reticule) Neither is making any real attempt to participate. Maybe that's a low bar, but I prefer the guys that ask something, anything, even at the last possible moment, and even if it's potentially the worst possible time to pose the question.

I've taken to telling them to shut up and play, and if they want to whisper out of game and I'll help them. I hardly ever get that whisper. It could be because I'm mean to their stupid faces, but I actually suspect it's more of the same- they can't be bothered to care about GSF, or probably anything in life, except for the actual moments they are engaged in it.

I'd be lying if I said I've gotten a lot of post-match whispers, but there have been several, and I've seen a few of those guys return and improve. I try not to be mean to their stupid faces, though, so maybe that's the difference.

I don't think they have evasion, but they can be at high deflection. I agree that's frustrating.

Interestingly, the opening line- when the mine tanks the railgun- is actually both the "you got lucky" and the "wow good play" moment. An enemy can absolutely drop a defensive mine in response to a gunship charging.

Yeah, I don't know if evasion is the right word, but obviously you know what I'm saying. Re: the bombers that drop defensive mines - sure, happens all the time. There are certain bomber pilots I fully expect to do this if they see me coming, which is why I approach them with only a minimally charged ion...I'm planning on popping the mine they're in the process of pooping prior to unloading on them.

Mine is similar to this. I love typing "Tensor pop at top, then to B." and seeing my squad all go to A and C. :eek:

Or they reply "Bomber to C" "GS to A" :rak_02:

God yes, so much this. You probably know I start almost every dom match with tensor, so I see it all the time. My favorite is when we end up with a preponderance of bombers on, say, Mesas...I announce I'm going to B...and then all the bombers head to either A or C. Together. And then we end up with a single sat bristling with mines and multiple repair drones.