Damage Dropping In 3.0

KTap

I haven't thought about that, we have been doing DF/DP for a year and they want us to gear for the 2 new ops with these 2 ops. I am sick and tiered of doing DF/DP com'on

False, in the stream they said DF/DP would be a alternate route for gearing.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in NM progression, and haven't been for a while.

I'm just not too thrilled about the idea of playing for months to get gear that will output the same dps.

Yes it is a meaningless number to some people, I understand that, but it's not to me :o

It does seem a bit Sisyphean, doesn't it?

For all we know their intent is to raise the floor and lower the ceiling for dps numbers, not just a flat % reduction across the board.

I don't buy the sky is falling mentality.

This is one of the changes I'm actually willing to wait and see on -- it may sound a lot worse than it is.

I haven't thought about that, we have been doing DF/DP for a year and they want us to gear for the 2 new ops with these 2 ops. I am sick and tiered of doing DF/DP com'on

this is a classic example of bioware trying to keep old outdated content relevant when 3.0 hits. :mad:

Edited by Lt-Snake

Nerfing our interrupts is bad enough, but taking away what DPS classes are supposed to do, it's something stupid.

I was never a gear hunter, nor participating in hard mode flashpoints, or nightmare mode OPS, so i'm equipped with level 156 mods, and for what i do (mainly dailies and RP), i'm quite satisfied. My characters survive just fine, without issues, or trouble.. I knew i would have to re-gear in order to engage the level 55-60 content, but I did not pre-order the expansion for you to cripple my characters in such fashion.

I know it's still early to tell, and i'll probably see for myself the condition of my characters, but if for example my Sentinel starts dealing damage as a Defense based Guardian after 3.0 hits, then we'll have a serious problem, don't you think?

Nerfing our interrupts is bad enough, but taking away what DPS classes are supposed to do, it's something stupid.

I was never a gear hunter, nor participating in hard mode flashpoints, or nightmare mode OPS, so i'm equipped with level 156 mods, and for what i do (mainly dailies and RP), i'm quite satisfied. My characters survive just fine, without issues, or trouble.. I knew i would have to re-gear in order to engage the level 55-60 content, but I did not pre-order the expansion for you to cripple my characters in such fashion.

I know it's still early to tell, and i'll probably see for myself the condition of my characters, but if for example my Sentinel starts dealing damage as a Defense based Guardian after 3.0 hits, then we'll have a serious problem, don't you think?

I highly doubt your sentinel will be doing 700-1000 dps... they're probably tuning the top ends down from nearly 4k to somewhere in the low-to-mid 3000 range in full 180 / 186 gear, with a top end closer to 3500-3800 at level 60.

Such is my speculation.

I highly doubt your sentinel will be doing 700-1000 dps... they're probably tuning the top ends down from nearly 4k to somewhere in the low-to-mid 3000 range in full 180 / 186 gear, with a top end closer to 3500-3800 at level 60.

Such is my speculation.

I suppose we'll see when 3.0 hits live...

MMOs change, we adapt (hopefully this time we will too).. Although some changes are really creepy to say the least...

The only reason to adjust numbers downward is if you plan to keep adding new gear and content regularlly enough that it would get ridicullous if you didn't in the forseeable future. This is not a bad thing. It means they did the numbers on the content coming down the pipe and reallized they had a problem. As long as things are balance for the new gear, it's alll good.

It may be necessary, but it's not really an incentive to buy the expansion when:

- not ordering it is the only way to stay at level 55 and keep doing 55 content in best or close-to-best gear

- it eventually goes free for subs, anyway (and if Makeb was any indication, will do so pretty fast)

- new gear tiers will be available shortly after it became free for subs (2-3 weeks in the case of RotHC) and the time to get better stats is easier and shorter by then.

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/583547078

They talk about the damage reduction within the first 5 or 6 min if I remember right.

The summary quote I'm thinking of says something along the lines of "everyone who is 55 will be doing 'slightly' less damage than they did the day before - they will work back up to where they were after they hit 60". There was nothing about "just certain people in end-game pvp gear" or "only those that purchased the xpac" being nerfed. It's going to be a bit confusing and possibly hard to notice with the new discipline system being introduced at the same time, but dps is definitely going down.

Note that they aren't mentioning healing being nerfed in this which is a pvp red flag.

Edited by Savej

False, in the stream they said DF/DP would be a alternate route for gearing.

Which means their going to try and squeeze in 2 tired and worn out ops into the new expansion and try to keep them relevant but making sure you don't actually progress in gear after you leveled 5 new levels.

You took a step forward by leveling from 55 to 60 and BW made you take 2 steps back when you got there. Making you less than what you were before you paid them $20.

Which means their going to try and squeeze in 2 tired and worn out ops into the new expansion and try to keep them relevant but making sure you don't actually progress in gear after you leveled 5 new levels.

You took a step forward by leveling from 55 to 60 and BW made you take 2 steps back when you got there. Making you less than what you were before you paid them $20.

What a bunch of BS. WoW just did the same thing and by your ridiculous thought process we paid $60 to be brought down to level 30 dps. The doom and gloomers criers and whiners like yourself have nothing else to complain about so you and the rest continue to cry about this it's sad.

If crying is so bad, why are you crying about the crying?

Sorry I don't usually reply to Internet stalkers like yourself. You can keep stalking me even though it's weird and awkward but I won't be replying to you again.

Also crying about someone you think is crying about someone crying makes you a third generation crier...how does that make you any better?

Sorry I don't usually reply to Internet stalkers like yourself. You can keep stalking me even though it's weird and awkward but I won't be replying to you again.

Also crying about someone you think is crying about someone crying makes you a third generation crier...how does that make you any better?

And now you,re crying about a crier who was crying about you crying about someone else who was crying about devs logical choices.....

#Mind=blown #Cryception

And now you,re crying about a crier who was crying about you crying about someone else who was crying about devs logical choices.....

#Mind=blown #Cryception

I wasn't crying little buddy. I was pointing out that following me around an Internet forums is little weird and awkward.

So now you're crying about someone crying about...well to the 5th power now good job...

#mind=blow #stalkersunite.

I wasn't crying little buddy. I was pointing out that following me around an Internet forums is little weird and awkward.

So now you're crying about someone crying about...well to the 5th power now good job...

lol.... I feel a cry in this cry ;)

Between, you got trolled by me (Max is deadly serious tho)

I wonder if we are really looking at a substantial global DPS loss. From the comments posted so far IMO it doesn't look that way, though some adjustments obviously have been made.

It probably won't be too bad, but I still won't like it :p

I thought I was having forum glitch troubles, and trying to get my reply to actually show up, because I kept seeing a post by you telling us how any concern about these changes is "crying" and "whining" and so on.

Didn't realize I was replying to multiple threads. sorry about that.

Tdmaha why are you defending bioware, and why are you constantly going against people are voicing their legitimate concern over a substantial dps loss coming 3.0?:confused:

lol seriously...

The idea is to be able to defeat the newest content. It doesn't matter what your damage per second amount is. What matters is new content, and getting gear good enough to defeat it.

True, the numbers only matter as they relate to all the other numbers, and affect the resulting gameplay.

What matters is whether the same character will find the same content easier, harder, or the same after 3.0 hits.

I'm a big fan of these changes, and longer TTK, especially on my dot classes. They will actually get a chance to tick for the full duration. :)

I'm just waiting for the chaos that will ensue once people see the numbers from classes like madness sorcs, when all dots end up going full length.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.