Thanks for the 12x XP boost but ..............Optional maybe?

CrazyCanukk

I'm not the one who pre-ordered knowing that I would be leaving my friends behind. I knew exactly what I was getting when I pre-ordered. I also contemplated not pre-ordering for that exact reason. But, I pre-ordered anyways. My nephew is a preferred player, he did not pre-order but you know what? It's not that big of a deal. It all works in the end.

Well glad it's fine with you, it isn't for others.

At least respect other opinions.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kills me is people going on crusade against people wanting an option that has no impact at all on their game play and then going further daring saying they don't even want BioWare working it at all.

I find it very selfish to be honest.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep.

And then basically telling those people who want a toggle that they shouldn't partake in the preorder then. One person above said "Wait until Dec. 1st". So in other words, if you don't want the XP, then you must not want any of the other perks as well!

In addition, there are various reasons someone may have pre-ordered this early beyond the perks. The selfish arrogance from the majority of replies is pathetic and repulsive.

Edited by PiperPilot

As noted by DarthTHC more than once (maybe in the other hot thread on this topic), it does impact other players because it requires development resources. How many "resources?" Who knows? But it's not "zero."

Extremely weak argument.

Implementation of a toggle does NOT directly affect you or your game play. Forced 12X XP DOES directly affect mine.

And forgive us for expecting the programmers to do their jobs.. you know... programming.

And enough with the trolling dude. Every single one of your posts on these threads has been troll-filled. Grow up a little. It would behoove you in life to show a bit of maturity and a little less selfishness.

Sure thing. Please send some money to my friend who can't afford the xpack so we can play together.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if someone can't afford the expansion and yet they are playing this game, they might need to get their priorities in order.

And if he's YOUR friend, you send him the money.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if someone can't afford the expansion and yet they are playing this game, they might need to get their priorities in order.

And if he's YOUR friend, you send him the money.

That is a very rude attitude as you certainly don't know how money is a matter for each of us. And would it be it's not of your business of how people handle their income.

Edited by Deewe

That is a very rude attitude as you certainly don't know how money is a matter for each of us. And would it be it's not of your business of how people handle their income.

I find it amusing that you assume there is a single rational thought in the head of a person that so vehemently opposes the concept of a toggle.

I find it amusing that you assume there is a single rational thought in the head of a person that so vehemently opposes the concept of a toggle.

FYI...I'm not against adding a toggle, if this becomes a permanent thing, but I am against wasting what little developer resources we have on something that expires in a month.

I feel like you think you're disagreeing with me, but that is exactly what I expect them to do. A flag in the database alters the end product after the game's normal exp calculations. Honestly, a toggle could function almost identically tot he way the subscriber free name change is handled, through the account on the swtor site. That has all the framework of selecting options for characters and servers.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all

It's incredible. No one is asking to cancel the XP bonus or saying EA made a mistake or whatever. Why do you all have to go in 'blind rabid fanboi' mode?? For an XP switch??

Well, I'll take the advice,I am cancelling the preorder and asking for a refund and unsubbing. I'll also make sure to leave feedback detailing that I did that because I was spurred by you and others in this thread to do so (I'll put EVERY username)

Feel free. If they decide they want to look, you may not have to worry about cancelling anything, they'll likely do it for you.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all

My bad. I always see the ellipsis as a display of skepticism in text form. :D

FYI...I'm not against adding a toggle, if this becomes a permanent thing, but I am against wasting what little developer resources we have on something that expires in a month.

It is a permanent thing in the sense that bonus exp events are common tools in games. Here's the thing, though, by expressing my feeling on the matter (i.e. I have not, and will not buy this expansion while the exp bonus is mandatory), I am letting BW know that there is a specific reason they are not getting my business. If there are enough people that would be incentivized to buy this with the option of a toggle, BW will do it. But they won't know without feedback. The people that are fanatically opposing it are, for the most part, being contrarian.

Edited by Elric_VIII

It is a permanent thing in the sense that bonus exp events are common tools in games. Here's the thing, though, by expressing my feeling on the matter (i.e. I have not, and will not buy this expansion while the exp bonus is mandatory), I am letting BW know that there is a specific reason they are not getting my business. If there are enough people that would be incentivized to buy this with the option of a toggle, BW will do it. But they won't know without feedback. The people that are fanatically opposing it are, for the most part, being contrarian.

Sir, you'll never find a bigger defender of your right to provide feedback than me. I am 100% fine with any feedback, good or bad...but when you post your feedback on a forum, you need to be willing to deal with, or ignore, the criticism. Please speak your mind...I'm all in favor of that!

And you're right...I was thinking 12x XP, you're thinking 2x's events as well...I understand what you're saying.

Sir, you'll never find a bigger defender of your right to provide feedback than me. I am 100% fine with any feedback, good or bad...but when you post your feedback on a forum, you need to be willing to deal with, or ignore, the criticism. Please speak your mind...I'm all in favor of that!

And you're right...I was thinking 12x XP, you're thinking 2x's events as well...I understand what you're saying.

That's why I quantified it with the "fanatic" part. As far as I've seen, you are not spouting the insane irrational comments I've come to see as normal in these threads. The issue with those is that any good feedback is buried in a morass of trolling and flaming, so it limits dev exposure.

I might agree with you during the first double xp weekend but given the number of times this has been done, they should have anticipated this request by now and either worked a toggle into those or let the players know it couldn't be done.

Edited by changeplaces

I could actually accept it as is for the 2X XP events. But come on... 12X? That's a bit much and does break one's ability to run with his/her friends in an efficient and respective manner conducive to maintaining an acceptable level gap between the two+ players. 12 is just outrageous and really should have had a toggle implemented from the get go.

Very not true.

I play with a friend who isn't going to get tthe expansion. I outleveled him by 3 levels in a matter of a couple hours... and I even abandoned the bonus missions when they came up so I wouldn't get that bonus XP.

This 12X XP is extremely substantial.

Yes I even said you would be a few levels ahead early on, but once you start outscaling the quests you do together provided you join them for all the quests it will even out to 1-2 levels above the planet.

Like Alderaan is worth ~520k exp for players who do the quests at level (including non 12x class quests and bonus series)

The class quest is worth ~290k for the players with 12x, but if they take the 290k and level 2-3 levels right away they'll lose a good amount of exp off the lvl 28-30 quests which will become green or grey, assuming you've cleared all the content per planet you'll have arrived at alderaan likely lvl ~30 already, and gain 2-3 levels from your class quest, putting you at the 32-33 range, turning all the lvl 28 quests gray and 29-30 quests green.

So if you stay on the planet and help everyone do all their quests you'll probably end up getting to 34-35 while they get to 31-32.

So...?

Edited by leihn

Yes I even said you would be a few levels ahead early on, but once you start outscaling the quests you do together provided you join them for all the quests it will even out to 1-2 levels above the planet.

Like Alderaan is worth ~520k exp for players who do the quests at level (including non 12x class quests and bonus series)

The class quest is worth ~290k for the players with 12x, but if they take the 290k and level 2-3 levels right away they'll lose a good amount of exp off the lvl 28-30 quests which will become green or grey, assuming you've cleared all the content per planet you'll have arrived at alderaan likely lvl ~30 already, and gain 2-3 levels from your class quest, putting you at the 32-33 range, turning all the lvl 28 quests gray and 29-30 quests green.

So if you stay on the planet and help everyone do all their quests you'll probably end up getting to 34-35 while they get to 31-32.

So...?

First planet is maybe 2-3 level more. not big deal

Then next one add 2-3 more. you're at 4-6 more level, becoming an issue.

Next one well not worth doing the math: doesn't work.

What's funny here is nobody proposed one of the easiest solution when playing with a friend lacking the X12 boost:

Just don't group with them, let them tag the mobs and help him kill them, only group again on their and yours class quests.

What's funny here is nobody proposed one of the easiest solution when playing with a friend lacking the X12 boost:

Just don't group with them, let them tag the mobs and help him kill them, only group again on their and yours class quests.

No because the higher you are above the planet the less exp you get from everything, you'll end up probably 4-5 levels above your friends yes, but it's not consistently rising, you still play the same number of quests as if you didn't have the boost, you just stop getting exp for them by the time you get to 3-4 levels above the planet level for each planet you visit, show up on Hoth at 43 instead of 39, you won't get much exp for all the stuff your friends are working through but you can still play with them zzz.

Bioware - *releases EXP toggle*

5 guys complaining about the boost - "Thanks!"

10 new guys - "OMG, WTH?!? I accidentally turned off the EXP boost and completed two whole planets without it! I missed SOO much EXP!! Bioware! You need to give me all of the EXP I missed AND you need to install several prompts telling people that they're disabling the boost!"

No because the higher you are above the planet the less exp you get from everything, you'll end up probably 4-5 levels above your friends yes, but it's not consistently rising, you still play the same number of quests as if you didn't have the boost, you just stop getting exp for them by the time you get to 3-4 levels above the planet level for each planet you visit, show up on Hoth at 43 instead of 39, you won't get much exp for all the stuff your friends are working through but you can still play with them zzz.

Lets say you are right, and I think the reality check is more in between our 2 stances.

So now how of a challenge is it to do these quests, grouped with someone (easier) and out-leveling them by 4-5 level?

Answer: none = boring, both for you and your friend.

Edited by Deewe

Lets say you are right, and I think the reality check is more in between our 2 stances.

So now how of a challenge is it to do these quests, grouped with someone (easier) and out-leveling them by 4-5 level?

Answer: none = boring, both for you and your friend.

I didn't know leveling in MMOs was supposed to be challenging.

Yeah, definetely not that bright

I am not complainign about the XP just on one of my characters NOT TO OUTLEVEL MY WIFE'S TOON

Smoke less

First, maybe you should preorder for your "wife" and stop complaining about the gift we have been given.

Alternatively you could take everyone's advice and cancel your preorder and sub...

Second, I urge you to report everyone here WITH USERNAMES!! (hahahah.. hahahahahahahahahha this is Bioware, homie).. for being big and bad and telling you to stop spending your money somewhere if you don't like the policies.

Which is what it comes down to.

Stop spending your money somewhere if you don't like the policies at that establishment.

You are the vocal minority. In this case though... the squeaky wheel shall not receive the grease.

Leveling slows down dramatically from 27-47, at which point it only speeds up if you skip Act 3 and go to Makeb, use the bolster that's on that planet, and blow through the story.

Bioware has been asked since beta to allow us to level smoothly with only class quests, since this is a story driven MMO. They have finally done so.

lol.

I didn't know recommending someone watch their finances better was being rude. Admit it, the money excuse doesn't cut it. You didn't have to buy it now. You could have waited until you were both ready.

There IS a toggle: don't buy the expansion until December.

Rude? There are dozens upon dozens of books written for people who can't manage their finances. Are those guys being rude too? Its called not spending beyond your means.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is clear Bioware doesn't want people to opt out for variaous reasons. They don't want to code another option, they don't want to support additional tickets for the handful of users who forget to turn it on, they don't want to support another layer of complexity.

They added a perfectly viable way to avoid it this time. Don't order until December. If someone chose to ignore that recommendation and then complained about leveling too fast, they have no excuse.

Edited by Arkerus

lol.

I didn't know recommending someone watch their finances better was being rude. Admit it, the money excuse doesn't cut it. You didn't have to buy it now. You could have waited until you were both ready.

There IS a toggle: don't buy the expansion until December.

Rude? There are dozens upon dozens of books written for people who can't manage their finances. Are those guys being rude too? Its called not spending beyond your means.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is clear Bioware doesn't want people to opt out for variaous reasons. They don't want to code another option, they don't want to support additional tickets for the handful of users who forget to turn it on, they don't want to support another layer of complexity.

They added a perfectly viable way to avoid it this time. Don't order until December. If someone chose to ignore that recommendation and then complained about leveling too fast, they have no excuse.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Although just to avoid debating with you in the future, as it leads nowhere positive, I'm going to add you to my ignore list.

Please don't take it personal, it's just we don't have any benefits to reply to each other's posts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.