Thanks for the 12x XP boost but ..............Optional maybe?

CrazyCanukk

- "So, we get a 12x EXP boost for preordering?"

- *pre-orders*

- "WTH! Why am I leveling so fast?!? Bioware better stop what they're doing and fix this NOW!"

I don't know. Personally, that scenario seems way more moronic than the people in this thread telling you to deal with it.

You should learn to read, it would avoid you embarassing moments like this

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should learn to read, it would avoid you embarassing moments like this

I don't know, it seems like a pretty fair assessment of every thread asking for a toggle to cover poor decision making skills to me. You made a poor decision, or rather, one that wound up being one since your wife now wants to play. Here's a thought: Amazon has a package deal that comes with a 60 day trial sub. Maybe, you know, when you're done waiting for someone else to fix your "mistake", you could get her that, and then preorder the expansion for her too. Problem solved.

i bought the expansion when i had the money to buy it.....

an option to turn it on or off and asking for it is perfectly reasonable.

You are unable to set that $20 aside until later? Who's going to spend it for you in the interim? What about the other options branka suggested?

It's perfectly unreasonable to expect developers to invest a bunch of effort to give a very very very tiny fraction of players the ability to disable something the developers and a whole lot of players see as a clear and significant benefit.

Edited by DarthTHC

I don't know, it seems like a pretty fair assessment of every thread asking for a toggle to cover poor decision making skills to me. You made a poor decision, or rather, one that wound up being one since your wife now wants to play. Here's a thought: Amazon has a package deal that comes with a 60 day trial sub. Maybe, you know, when you're done waiting for someone else to fix your "mistake", you could get her that, and then preorder the expansion for her too. Problem solved.

It's incredible. No one is asking to cancel the XP bonus or saying EA made a mistake or whatever. Why do you all have to go in 'blind rabid fanboi' mode?? For an XP switch??

Well, I'll take the advice,I am cancelling the preorder and asking for a refund and unsubbing. I'll also make sure to leave feedback detailing that I did that because I was spurred by you and others in this thread to do so (I'll put EVERY username)

It's not mandatory. You had the option to wait 'til 12/1 to pre-order and still get the Revan statue. You have the option to not do class quests. You have the option to unsubscribe if it will cancel in time to halt the 12x XP. You have the option to make an F2P account. You have the option to play your 55s if you have any.

You pre-ordered knowing about the 12x XP boost, you knew they had never made XP boost events optional before, yet this time you expect different?

Does not compute.

I don't read this as a troll post. This seems logical to me. One of Henny Youngman's famous jokes goes:

A man walks into a doctor's office. He holds his arm up and says "Doc, it hurts when I do this!". So the Doctor tells him "Then don't do that!"

Seems simple enough to me.

It's incredible. No one is asking to cancel the XP bonus or saying EA made a mistake or whatever. Why do you all have to go in 'blind rabid fanboi' mode?? For an XP switch??

Because we would rather BioWare invest developer time in features more than about 17 people will use.

Well, I'll take the advice,I am cancelling the preorder and asking for a refund and unsubbing. I'll also make sure to leave feedback detailing that I did that because I was spurred by you and others in this thread to do so (I'll put EVERY username)

I didn't like the way my mustache looked so I cut off my nose.

Because we would rather BioWare invest developer time in features more than about 17 people will use.

I didn't like the way my mustache looked so I cut off my nose.

You been advising people NOT to preorder and to go Privileged (unsub) so now you have a chance to see what happens when you go round a company's forums doing so...

You been advising people NOT to preorder and to go Privileged (unsub) so now you have a chance to see what happens when you go round a company's forums doing so...

Those might have been among the many options that I and others have suggested. (Though I don't think I personally ever suggested anyone unsubscribe or not preorder but one of my suggestions was to preorder last minute.) Why did you ignore all the other options and jump straight to that one? Drama Llama much?

Edited by DarthTHC

Those might have been among the many options that I and others have suggested. (Though I don't think I personally ever suggested anyone unsubscribe or not preorder but one of my suggestions was to preorder last minute.) Why did you ignore all the other options and jump straight to that one? Drama Llama much?

Because the others..won't work? You should drop the substance in your nickname, not really doing you any good apparently

Recently returned after getting an itch to play some solo bioware stories, hadn't played since about 2-3 months after launch when most of my friends went back to WoW.

I leveled Trooper and Consular with the 12x boost so far, with my trooper I did all my quests because I was getting back into the game and wanted to refresh on the planetary storylines on republic side (most of my mains were empire side originally), and didn't really see a problem with the 12x boost and still doing all the missions, I found that on Ord Mantell and Taris I was moving a few levels ahead of the planet but by Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine I was a good amount ahead that many of the planetary quests were green at the beginning of the planet and gray after 1-2 class quests, resulting in the side quests not giving much exp to keep boosting, then from there you feel like you're comfortably 2-3 levels ahead of each planet to make up for not having to reinvest in gear every few levels.

When I did my Consular I skipped all the planetary stuff except for questlines I actually enjoyed and found my class boost kept me within 1 level of my missions and had to re-gear for each act ending event or some major boss fight areas (Hoth was a bit tough because I was lvl 39 fighting 41 golds with lvl 31 gear), but for the most part didn't seem to be too different.

I honestly don't think being 2-3 levels above a planet is a significant deal if you do all the stuff, but I guess that's just me.

It's a freakign switch, not a new NGE. I personally didn't care much about it till my wife asked me to install TOR on her PC so she can try it and play with me. It's gonna be hard not to over level her when I am getting 12x the XP for my class quests.

You really think it's just a matter of adding a couple of lines of code here and there? I'm no software developer, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a bit more complicated than that.

Well, good luck with that.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Because the others..won't work? You should drop the substance in your nickname, not really doing you any good apparently

That's quite a blanket statement. Please do provide more detail to back it up if you would like it to be believed.

(Good luck. We all know the real reason is that you don't want to do any of those other things and would simply prefer to complain.)

You really think it's just a matter of adding a couple of lines of code here and there? I'm no software developer, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a bit more complicated than that.

Not for something that is toggled internally anyway. How do you think it is assigned to preorders and not everyone? It's not like they're changing the basic code of the game for this...

Mate, if SOE could find a way of doing this (EQ2) I am pretty sure someone who actually knows how to code shouldn't have a problem..

The real problem isn't the XP (I haven't seeen anyone saying o take it away) but the trollish answers to anyone who asks for a toggle.. nice community indeed

That's quite a blanket statement. Please do provide more detail to back it up if you would like it to be believed.

(Good luck. We all know the real reason is that you don't want to do any of those other things and would simply prefer to complain.)

Yeah, definetely not that bright

I am not complainign about the XP just on one of my characters NOT TO OUTLEVEL MY WIFE'S TOON

Smoke less

Yeah, definetely not that bright

I am not complainign about the XP just on one of my characters NOT TO OUTLEVEL MY WIFE'S TOON

Smoke less

It won't be that significant in my experience, you'll jump out ahead every time you guys clear your class quests but if you stick around to play with her and do all the planetary stuff after the class quests she'll be gaining normal exp while you'll be gaining reduced exp since you'll be a few levels above the quest and then you'll both end up pretty close at the end of the planet, you'll probably be 1-2 levels ahead if you do it in this order, which doesn't seem gamebreaking, it's not like you're going to be level 40 and she's going to be level 25 if you take the time to play together and help her level the normal speed.

It won't be that significant in my experience, you'll jump out ahead every time you guys clear your class quests but if you stick around to play with her and do all the planetary stuff after the class quests she'll be gaining normal exp while you'll be gaining reduced exp since you'll be a few levels above the quest and then you'll both end up pretty close at the end of the planet, you'll probably be 1-2 levels ahead if you do it in this order, which doesn't seem gamebreaking, it's not like you're going to be level 40 and she's going to be level 25 if you take the time to play together and help her level the normal speed.

Thanks for this "FYI", I hope it works that way. At least you came out with a 'suggestion' that doesn't involve either unsubbing or canceling the preorder. I'll see how that works out. 12X is a lot, hope it doesn't get too wide of a gap.

But I can't believe the amount of trolls on these forums

Cheers

Not for something that is toggled internally anyway. How do you think it is assigned to preorders and not everyone? It's not like they're changing the basic code of the game for this...

You're talking about adding the option for the player to turn it on and off. You know for a fact that this will have negligible impact on the rest of the game?

Mate, if SOE could find a way of doing this (EQ2) I am pretty sure someone who actually knows how to code shouldn't have a problem.

OK, Mr. Expert Armchair Software Developer Mate. You show us all how it's done.

The real problem isn't the XP (I haven't seeen anyone saying o take it away) but the trollish answers to anyone who asks for a toggle.. nice community indeed

When people make "trollish" demands, they are gonna get "trollish" replies.

Seriously, think about what I have posted more than once: they have never had a toggle for double XP events, despite numerous requests and complaints every time they run one. Again, those who don't like it had the chance to avoid it and still get the Revan statue. There are ways to avoid it now.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I appreciate the XP boost...

but it really needs to be an option given not something that is mandatory. I can see the value in marketing terms and for many players they would love this and i wouldnt want to take that away..but for others a meteroric rise isnt always what we are looking for.

I am others would also like the option to toggle it off...just now on alderaan...barely enough credits to buy anything..and just got off choosing my dps or tank path..and haven't even chosen my crafting yet and i'm level 16?

no i cant draw credits from other toons or legacy boosts as i am rolling a new toon on a new server.

As i said love the xp boost..but it needs to be optional and up to the player to decide if they want to take advantage of it. maybe give the toggle a 1-6 hour cool off before it can be turned off or re enabled..

It was optional. You simply opted for it. Had you simply waited until December 1st, this wouldn't be impacting you like it is. For some people, myself included, it was a huge motivator to pre-order since it's the only real "bonus" thing they're offering.

Bottom line - you knew you'd be getting it when you pre-ordered. You have no grounds to complain.

Thanks for this "FYI", I hope it works that way. At least you came out with a 'suggestion' that doesn't involve either unsubbing or canceling the preorder. I'll see how that works out. 12X is a lot, hope it doesn't get too wide of a gap.

But I can't believe the amount of trolls on these forums

Cheers

Like I posted earlier towards the end of the last page, I've leveled 2 republic side toons with the boost, my Trooper I cleared every planetary quest since I hadn't played the game in ~2 years and wanted to catch up on the storylines and I didn't specifically do my class quests ahead of my normal quests but by Tatooine I was about 2-3 levels higher than the quests I was receiving (all of them were green) so they were giving me almost no exp for completion, especially if I completed them but didn't turn them in right away because I had other quests like class objectives to complete and if i I leveled while doing those and turned the existing quests grey I got no exp at all.

Comparatively, on my Consular, I skipped every planetary quest except the few that I really liked the stories for and am consistently near or 1 level behind what my missions are at based only on class quests.

I expect if you do all your quests you'll be 2-3 levels higher than she is the entire game but that shouldn't ruin it for you to play together since you will still slow down to play with her and the quests that are yellow and green for her will be green and grey for you so your exp gain will be much less off those.

It's a great community overall...despite a few trolls and antagonists.

What kind of an answer would someone expect to this request when the answer is so simple...PATIENCE! They didn't need to pre-order, knowing full well that this would be their "bonus"...The people complaining created this issue themselves, voluntarily, and are now asking for a solution?! The solution was simple...WAIT! The XP boost was the BIGGEST selling point of the entire pre-order imo...pretending it wasn't obvious that you'd get it is trolling.

Like I posted earlier towards the end of the last page, I've leveled 2 republic side toons with the boost, my Trooper I cleared every planetary quest since I hadn't played the game in ~2 years and wanted to catch up on the storylines and I didn't specifically do my class quests ahead of my normal quests but by Tatooine I was about 2-3 levels higher than the quests I was receiving (all of them were green) so they were giving me almost no exp for completion, especially if I completed them but didn't turn them in right away because I had other quests like class objectives to complete and if i I leveled while doing those and turned the existing quests grey I got no exp at all.

Comparatively, on my Consular, I skipped every planetary quest except the few that I really liked the stories for and am consistently near or 1 level behind what my missions are at based only on class quests.

I expect if you do all your quests you'll be 2-3 levels higher than she is the entire game but that shouldn't ruin it for you to play together since you will still slow down to play with her and the quests that are yellow and green for her will be green and grey for you so your exp gain will be much less off those.

Yeah I suppose I could get her an XP booster here and there to help

Thanks again

It's a great community overall...despite a few trolls and antagonists.

What kind of an answer would someone expect to this request when the answer is so simple...PATIENCE! They didn't need to pre-order, knowing full well that this would be their "bonus"...The people complaining created this issue themselves, voluntarily, and are now asking for a solution?! The solution was simple...WAIT! The XP boost was the BIGGEST selling point of the entire pre-order imo...pretending it wasn't obvious that you'd get it is trolling.

ITS NOT TROLLING..I work in remote areas of the country and in the far north with NO internet access what so ever outside satellite which is extremely expensive and not excatly something i can just jump on and enjoy a game with when ever i feel bored. . i bought the expansion to take advantage of the 7 days early access because that corresponds with my next vacation which i get little of . When i am on the road i am literally in the middle of no where and cannot just "login to swtor when ever i feel like it to make a purchase and the purchase HAD to be made before i fly out this weekend. i am leaving for one of the my trips to remote areas starting this Saturday and will not be back until December 2nd when its too late to pre-order.

Unfortunately the real trolls and children of the forums cannot see there are people playing this game with far different lives then their little enclosed boxes they have come to expect others live in as well. I placed my preorder so when i do return i will have early acess to the expansion..i was only asking about a toggle. and no i couldn't have waited to order it considering starting next week i am literally going to be about as far north in the Yukon as you can get where there is still civilization and the week after that i will be in a remote diamond mine doing final checks for winter shutdown.

welcome to the world ladies..not everyone fits into the little box you imagine they do. and no the community is not great..its turned into a crap pile of garbage people who cannot see past their own little lives ...aside from the few good people still left these forums and they know who they are...they are a garbage heap

Edited by CrazyCanukk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.