The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hybrids are dead and you can cleanse most CCs

Nothematic

Agreed. Hard stuns are pretty darn important in arenas and if you can start cleansing those, things will get very interesting. Would be particularly bad if mezzes and whatnot could be cleansed by the DPS classes (Sorcs, Operatives and Mercs) at the same time. Wonder what the meta would be like afterwards.

The meta as it stands is pretty ****in retarded. It couldn't get any worse. I said in another post that cleansing hard stuns would be a positive change. It would make derps think twice about using rotational stuns, or punish them for being derps.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meta as it stands is pretty ****in retarded. It couldn't get any worse. I said in another post that cleansing hard stuns would be a positive change. It would make derps think twice about using rotational stuns, or punish them for being derps.

The arena meta point is a valid one, but I am against cleansing hard stuns. If you fight derps, you will probably win regardless of the rotational stuns and far as I can tell, that is most prevalent in regs, where it hardly matters. If the hard stuns do become cleansable, the meta will naturally change and I am not really sure to what direction. Even then you could still CC the healer and the tank, so perhaps the change would not be that great. All speculation of course, we just need to wait and see what happens, I guess.

Something should be done to prevent pressure type arena compositions from dominating arenas even more. They are quite stupid. Cleansable stuns might make hardswitches harder, though a good team would still pull them off, obviously. Edited by DarrelK

Without hardstuns no one would die in arena. Like it or not, hard stuns are a key part of the game. Just because you are bad doesn't make stuns themselves bad. They are only an issue in pug groups.....because pugs. Being able to cleanse hard stuns would be an extremely terrible idea, up there among terrible ideas like resetting cc breaker on death.

The only thing they needed to do in regards to CC's was revert resolve back to its original design, thats it.

Without hardstuns no one would die in arena. Like it or not, hard stuns are a key part of the game. Just because you are bad doesn't make stuns themselves bad. They are only an issue in pug groups.....because pugs. Being able to cleanse hard stuns would be an extremely terrible idea, up there among terrible ideas like resetting cc breaker on death.

The only thing they needed to do in regards to CC's was revert resolve back to its original design, thats it.

If you are hard stunning the healer, its not that bad assuming they cannot cleanse their own hard stuns.

... wholly around stuns and an even worse design move to change overlap penalties.

What is this? I haven't watched any of the streams

new meta would obviously to aim all stuns at the one healer in 4v4.

Edited by funkiestj

Not really a reason to complain about changes.

I don't know if anyone watches the NFL but there have been several dozen changes to the rules in the last 10 years. Every time they say it's going to kill this or destroy that. "WHY EVEN PLAY DEFENSE IF WE CAN'T CHECK THE RECEIVER DOWNFIELD?! OFFENSE WILL DOMINATE".

Of course none of the predictions about offense dominating were true, it was just hype. The game is better for it and defense > offense.

That's all this is. Hype. (Not this particularly, hybrids are gone and good riddance to them. Just in general)

The offense does dominate, do you watch football, the reason defenses do so well in the playoffs is because the refs lay off and don't enforce what would be penalties by the word of the rule.

If you are hard stunning the healer, its not that bad assuming they cannot cleanse their own hard stuns.

Healers aren't the only classes with cleanses at this time. The ability is baseline for all Sorcs/Operatives and Mercs.

And I've seen what happens when DPS can cleanse teammates in WoW.. and guess what.. it wasn't good.

Cleaning hard stuns would be the most retarded move I have ever seen.

If they are "derps" then why the **** are you worried about them anyway?

Stop forging moot points.

Edited by Evolixe