harder punishment for leaving a pvp match

Varagd

why join a pvp match just to leave it!

gives very bad gameplay. there should be a penalty hard enough so either you are in or out.

and for those who have DC should of course not be punished. but else its just ruining the gameplay for the rest.

and it is not good enough just to say, oh others join and fill the gabs, cus many leave as soon they see a potential loss.

a hard punish could be anything i could name many things, but the main thing is, who have the most right to complain, those who leave and are not willing to accept the punishment or those who are left behind.

WHY JOIN IN THE FIRST PLACE???

also why can we not make a 8 man group and get in to gether, that is just organizing, and filter those together who does that, so we can create hutt-ball teams and so on.

I NEED BIG NASTY PENALTIES FOR THOSE WHO QUIT. if they dont like the pvp why join in? or why not write here and suggest a solution, and why are you not listening to them or tell them how IT IS.

I feel this game is controlled by those who cry and leave. I STAY AND FIGHT, thats what its all about its not the point that you join in and then leave. or else the tutorial would teach you that.

I NEED BIG PENALTIES FOR THOSE WHO QUIT OR DECLINE IN QUEING, if not for those in queing then make it half the join time than to the start of the game so others have more time to join in, now it is not in order.

It is easy to fake a DC (pull the internet plug) so how would you differenciate between accidental and deliberate DC's?

Anyway , my suggestion that I've posted many times is just give a lockout (For both quits and DC's) for that toon until the WZ ends. That way if they want to quit they can but they won't be doing anything until that warzone finishes anyway.

Unfortunately, if the penalties become too harsh, people that want to leave would just afk - or worse. Imagine disgruntled sorcs pulling teammates into fire pits in huttball, intentionally filling resolve bars, guarding a friendly tank (so that he can't guard anybody else), intentionally going the wrong way in huttball, etc.

At least when they leave you have a chance at a replacement that actually wants to try and win.

If I load into a huttball and see my entire team fighting in our Endzone while the other team is controlling mid and capping the ball, I'm out.

Same with any warzone when i see majority of the team ignoring objectives, leaving nodes unguarded etc. You've had 55 levels to figure it out, I'm not Qing up to play WZ instructor to anyone. If you want to play your Warzones tunneling tanks and ignoring healers then go ahead but you can't ask others to deal with your poor game play.

Competitive back and forth matches are fun, either side of a steamroll is boring imo.

here's the problem though with punishing people who leave. It will make them stay when they don't want to. Keeping them in a wz doesn't make them try, it makes them go camp a node or hide in a corner. Thus gimping an already gimped team. Better to give people a chance that want to play and try a go.

here's the problem though with punishing people who leave. It will make them stay when they don't want to. Keeping them in a wz doesn't make them try, it makes them go camp a node or hide in a corner. Thus gimping an already gimped team. Better to give people a chance that want to play and try a go.

I don't think this would happen much... WoW have a cool down if you leave... And I can't remember a time when I saw people just camping a node or not trying... I played from launch until swtor was released... I haven't been back since... Lol...

But it certainly stopped people from rage quitting continuously...

I agree if you pop into a WZ before it starts, you should have the option to leave without penalty, but before it actually starts... And the match shouldn't start until the back fill person joins

If you pop into a WZ half way through you should be able to leave within 30sec and no penalty

If the good people on a team leave the noobs every match.... The noobs don't learn from them... If the better players stayed and offered advice calmly instead of raging and quitting... Then these people might get better... Of course there are always the people who refuse to learn... There's no help for them

Then there's the noobs who lose 1 node and they quit... Lol... They will always be bad... Better they stay and practice/L2P... A penalty would be a disincentive for them to leave

gives very bad gameplay. there should be a penalty hard enough so either you are in or out.

and for those who have DC should of course not be punished. but else its just ruining the gameplay for the rest.

and it is not good enough just to say, oh others join and fill the gabs, cus many leave as soon they see a potential loss.

a hard punish could be anything i could name many things, but the main thing is, who have the most right to complain, those who leave and are not willing to accept the punishment or those who are left behind.

also why can we not make a 8 man group and get in to gether, that is just organizing, and filter those together who does that, so we can create hutt-ball teams and so on.

I NEED BIG NASTY PENALTIES FOR THOSE WHO QUIT. if they dont like the pvp why join in? or why not write here and suggest a solution, and why are you not listening to them or tell them how IT IS.

I feel this game is controlled by those who cry and leave. I STAY AND FIGHT, thats what its all about its not the point that you join in and then leave. or else the tutorial would teach you that.

I NEED BIG PENALTIES FOR THOSE WHO QUIT OR DECLINE IN QUEING, if not for those in queing then make it half the join time than to the start of the game so others have more time to join in, now it is not in order.

Your rant is amusing. Until they add in gates to stop the inept and useless joining the queue, people will leave. I will not waste my time with conquest morons.

regs are a free-for-all. BW has no intention of instituting any sort of matchmaking. therefore, 2 awesome 4m grps will be on one team stepping on a bunch of medicore players. 5 healers will be on one team and 3 tanks on another. (or worse, with the healers). there's no choice of map or format. ppl can leave whenever they want and have no choice about being in a back fill queue or not. deal with it. it isn't about to change.

I propose a lockout if someone on your team is already capping an objective and you go and try and cap it too instead of trying to stop or slow others from getting to the cap.

I propose a lockout if you queue for ranked in all pve gear.

I propose a lockout if on Civil War or Hypergate you see 2 people on your team go to your strong side from the start of the game and you decide they should be followed just to make sure they do their job. I also propose a lockout for the 2nd person if they run to cap instead of intercept. Similar for Novare Coast.

I propose a lockout if you are too busy pew pewing and someone caps a door, turret or bunker under your nose.

I propose a lockout if you and 6 other people are standing around fighting 1 or 2 opponents and allow another area to get taken because you couldn't figure out that the other area needed help.

I could go on and on. If you really want to stop people from leaving, this would help far more than punishing those that leave.

Edited by HelinCarnate

You can shove all of this straight up your exhaust port until BW lets us untick the WZs we hate.

All your arguments are invalid because I am paying to entertain myself, not you.

Unfortunately, if the penalties become too harsh, people that want to leave would just afk - or worse. Imagine disgruntled sorcs pulling teammates into fire pits in huttball, intentionally filling resolve bars, guarding a friendly tank (so that he can't guard anybody else), intentionally going the wrong way in huttball, etc.

At least when they leave you have a chance at a replacement that actually wants to try and win.

^this

while I understand the point, but why should someone be forced to stay in a match with someone with NO ADVANCED class, or someone at 55 who has no relics, not even greens.

next point, why would you want someone to be forced to stay. All they are going to do is run to a corner and hide, stealth out, or just run to the nearest turret and camp it, not doing anything. And if an enemy attacks, why bother to defend it. Let them cap, the wz would be over quicker.

Why would you want this in the wz you are playing. why why why?

Better to get rid of these people and get ones that want to participate. hasn't happened much but I've gone into tons of already started wz's, and in a few, i've actually turned the tide and taken what was a lose and made it into a win. Extremely satisfying when that happens. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't happen often, but if the person who wanted to qq out would have stayed, then that wouldn't have happened.

one memorable lowbie, I was on my assassin, got in near the end of the 1st round, their team got to the cargo bay and almost got the door, but I was able to stop that before the round ended. start of round 2, stealthed to 1st door, capped it, force speed to the bridge, capped it, force speed most of the way to the otehr door, people rallied, started palying defense, capped the next door, force speed when down the tunnel and to the far node in the cargo bay, capped that, got to the door capped that, and force sped to the computer, we won, I capped everything, damn that was fun. And it wouldn't have happened if someone didn't qq out.

Edited by Anyakaschala

lets say I get an unexpected phonecall I have to take, I quickly hit the leave button because I do not want to burden my team with a deadweight player who is afk and give them a chance for a replacement. The phonecall lasts 5 minutes or so. Now honestly, should I be punished for that? I had a real life thing I had to take care pf and I wasn't going to screw over my team there by afking and contributing nothing while there were other players in the queue ready to help and fight.

So no to this idea, its not a perfect system but it works.

Because I am not allowed to choose the WZ I like, so when I end up in a WZ I hate, I leave the WZ. That's why.

Got it?

• 2 weeks later...
You can shove all of this straight up your exhaust port until BW lets us untick the WZs we hate.

All your arguments are invalid because I am paying to entertain myself, not you.

if you havent noticed this is a multiplayer game not a single player game, why join up for a warzone if your arguements for leaving is 50% or over for all that happens so you nearly always leave????

we the players should be able to choose the maps and team up and queue up together to organize THAT gives gameplay. also it would encurrage loners and noobs to team up and get feedback and learn.

try be a teamplayer.

WHY people dont weant ot play warzones is because they cant choose map they cant get a filter so its decent teams. so if we ewant enough players cus most say they die out if we do this no it is the otherway around why not try to get more in by making IMPROVEMENTS in stead of standing still like a cheese waiting to get eaten but no one likes that cheese.

while I understand the point, but why should someone be forced to stay in a match with someone with NO ADVANCED class, or someone at 55 who has no relics, not even greens.

next point, why would you want someone to be forced to stay. All they are going to do is run to a corner and hide, stealth out, or just run to the nearest turret and camp it, not doing anything. And if an enemy attacks, why bother to defend it. Let them cap, the wz would be over quicker.

Why would you want this in the wz you are playing. why why why?

Better to get rid of these people and get ones that want to participate. hasn't happened much but I've gone into tons of already started wz's, and in a few, i've actually turned the tide and taken what was a lose and made it into a win. Extremely satisfying when that happens. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't happen often, but if the person who wanted to qq out would have stayed, then that wouldn't have happened.

one memorable lowbie, I was on my assassin, got in near the end of the 1st round, their team got to the cargo bay and almost got the door, but I was able to stop that before the round ended. start of round 2, stealthed to 1st door, capped it, force speed to the bridge, capped it, force speed most of the way to the otehr door, people rallied, started palying defense, capped the next door, force speed when down the tunnel and to the far node in the cargo bay, capped that, got to the door capped that, and force sped to the computer, we won, I capped everything, damn that was fun. And it wouldn't have happened if someone didn't qq out.

try read my post again i say that as a suggestion, jsut dont take the suggestion. i also say that there could be other kinds of solutions... try think and come with some suggestions instead of beeing only negative.

try seee the benefit of some gamer chosen options so its not a kindergarden teacher who decides what we are doing. people in this threat is not understanding that uncontrolled games have no gameplay but if the gamers not have the control they never get what they want... do you understand that???

also if you have a real life phone call. then call them back. nothing is so urgent that you have to take your phone. or you are addicted to answer your phone. you could call back and say you were occupied in a MULTIPLAYER GAME where your not alone. try think on others than your self. egoism is so popular now a days that poeple dont understand they just neglate

If I ditch a flash point I'm locked out for 15 minutes (which is too brief), but I can jump in and out of WZs at will??

ESPECIALLY for arenas there NEEDS to be a minimum of an hour WZ ban. Reason being obviously 3 vs 4 = loss most of the time for the 3.

Heck, I had one arena where ALL 3 of my teammates ditched the arena :confused: The other team literally shouted out how they felt bad for me before they raped me lol.

Regular WZs it's bad enough seeing ppl jump ship when things get rocky, but in arenas it's really messed up.

If I ditch a flash point I'm locked out for 15 minutes (which is too brief), but I can jump in and out of WZs at will??

ESPECIALLY for arenas there NEEDS to be a minimum of an hour WZ ban. Reason being obviously 3 vs 4 = loss most of the time for the 3.

Heck, I had one arena where ALL 3 of my teammates ditched the arena :confused: The other team literally shouted out how they felt bad for me before they raped me lol.

Regular WZs it's bad enough seeing ppl jump ship when things get rocky, but in arenas it's really messed up.

Why did those 3 players leave?

Could it be that they don't like participating in arenas? Personally, I drop out of them when ever they pop for me because I don't like the yolo death match style of play. I know that there are quite a few others that feel the same way.

Put me in an arena with an hour lock out if I leave and I'm just going to /stuck as soon as the door opens.

also if you have a real life phone call. then call them back. nothing is so urgent that you have to take your phone. or you are addicted to answer your phone. you could call back and say you were occupied in a MULTIPLAYER GAME where your not alone. try think on others than your self. egoism is so popular now a days that poeple dont understand they just neglate

At what possible point is someone else gaming experience for one warzone match equal to real life situations? Are you serious!?!

Whats egoistic and selfish is if you expect someone else to put down their real life situations and occurrences just because you think someone leaving your match is ruining your gaming experience even though they usually get replaced by someone else anyway.

A little more than a year and a half ago while I was in a warzone a phonecall came in while I was playing that my dad had collapsed at work ( they thought it was a stroke for a day but it was a drop in blood pressure caused by his medication in the end) and had been rushed to the hospital. I did the responsible thing, left the warzone match, picked up the phone, and instantly found out what happened to my father and what room he was staying in, then quickly ran outside to tell my mother, instead of leaving it to ring and have the answering machine get it where I would have probably ignored it til I finished playing where I had been planning to keep going for a few more hours.

I always plan time for myself so I get some uninterrupted hours of gameplay, but still things do happen no matter what you are doing, and its incredibly dumb to put your real life on hold just because its a multiplayer game.

Edited by Sangrar

Even if I had nothing going on and just didn't feel like finishing that match, it is my choice.

If I notice that my team has no intention of playing the objectives, I will leave.

If I notice that my team is seemingly playing for Conquest points, I will leave.

If I notice that a few individuals never bothered to read up on bolster and are still wearing Battlemaster, I will first try to persuade them to take it off. I'll probably sit through that match. If I see that person again and nothing has changed, I will leave.

The game is not meant to test your heart health, so I leave.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.