Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

Same here sage and commando healer but this is what people do they whine without knowing how it is to level a Tank or Healer and then when they get proven wrong they start with PvP bit.

And as i said in this thread Healers are really viable in this game and heard from friends that they do feel the same way as tanks

so why do we need DUAL specc for Pve.

And still the only answer is that people doesnt want it to cost alot of money it is more "convinient" if it was for free

You could level 1-80 as a Restoration Shaman in WotLK in WoW. It was, in fact, quite easy. It was also boring, required no pre-planning, no fight control, and had essentially no risk.

Very few people did it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you stop to ask me WHAT I hated about WoW? Do you ever ask anybody? 10 to 1 says the community and boredom ranked higher up on the answers than dual-spec

I hated the community. I hated how bored I got after 5 years. I hated how it was yet another bloody fantasy-themed MMO, just like EQ1, EQ2, LotRO, Warhammer and Rift. I hated how the homogenization of the classes lead to all of them essentially feeling the same. I hated how Blizzard paid more attention to whiners on the forums than their own common sense

The fact of the matter is that allowing players a little bit of convenience utilizing the existing boundaries of the game makes sense. Again, you can respec already do dual-speccing only offers a level of speed and convenience for everyone involved.

I did not quit WoW because I hated dual-spec. I will not quit SWTOR if they fail to add it. I do, however, see the game as a whole suffering if they fail to do so

That bolded part made me laugh so much seeing as that is EXACTLY what you are doing, which basically means that they should not listen to ANY of these threads whining that Bioware needs to add something because those small amount of people feel it is needed.

As for the rest of the stuff, did you ever stop and read almost all of the against things such as LFG tool and dual spec stating the truth that they did in fact destroy the community of the game? The game will not suffer in the slightest if they do not add it. It just means you have to take more care in.......(wait for it).........choosing what spec to go.

Edited by Kemosobe

You could level 1-80 as a Restoration Shaman in WotLK in WoW. It was, in fact, quite easy. It was also boring, required no pre-planning, no fight control, and had essentially no risk.

Very few people did it.

To add to this, it also took more time to level outside of dungeons because less DPS = longer fights

I'm not arguing, just backing you up

That bolded part made me laugh so much seeing as that is EXACTLY what you are doing, which basically means that they should not listen to ANY of these threads whining that Bioware needs to add something because those small amount of people feel it is needed.

As for the rest of the stuff, did you ever stop and read almost all of the against things such as LFG tool and dual spec stating the truth that they did in fact destroy the community of the game? The game will not suffer in the slightest if they do not add it. It just means you have to take more care in.......(wait for it).........choosing what spec to go.

First paragraph: Posting relevant discussion information on a discussion forum is not akin to whining because only the best players get the best loot. Apples and oranges.

Second paragraph: Lack of dual spec means fewer groups, less socializing, and more soloing. Period. Your "choice" argument is irrelevant because I could respec at any time. I am "choosing" to level to 50, then go heals, because the current system is cumbersome. I "chose" to be a healer when I chose Op over Sniper. The entire "choices matter" argument is moronic at best.

You would have a solid argument against cross-server LFD, which is something I wholeheartedly oppose.

I support some form of dual speccing / more availability of respec.

Its simply because the game needs the players to be dynamic. The game needs more healers, more tanks. More diversity in pvp.

I wouldn't mind if you had to go to the skill trainer to change spec. I just think a way to make your character more dynamic and helpful to the community is something that is very valuable.

First paragraph: Posting relevant discussion information on a discussion forum is not akin to whining because only the best players get the best loot. Apples and oranges.

Second paragraph: Lack of dual spec means fewer groups, less socializing, and more soloing. Period. Your "choice" argument is irrelevant because I could respec at any time. I am "choosing" to level to 50, then go heals, because the current system is cumbersome. I "chose" to be a healer when I chose Op over Sniper. The entire "choices matter" argument is moronic at best.

You would have a solid argument against cross-server LFD, which is something I wholeheartedly oppose.

Actually, lack of a dual spec would mean more groups and more socializing because people wouldn't simply be jumping back and forth at will for w/e circumstance they want and would actually need to play with other people. If you want to respec, cool, go ahead and do it. Don't then come crying on the forums saying Biowares needs to make it easier for you to do something that you honestly do not need to do at all. If you want to speed to level 50 as fast as you can, topping DPS charts along the way, level in a DPS spec and then change to your healing/tanking spec at 50 when you are done leveling.

I support some form of dual speccing / more availability of respec.

Its simply because the game needs the players to be dynamic. The game needs more healers, more tanks. More diversity in pvp.

I wouldn't mind if you had to go to the skill trainer to change spec. I just think a way to make your character more dynamic and helpful to the community is something that is very valuable.

Actually, most of the people who want dual spec want it because they don't want to heal/tank inside Warzones.

Edited by Kemosobe

Dual spec would be nice. I'd like to be able to heal and DPS on my sorc, because soloing heals is not realistic (which is why dual spec was put in WOW in the first place). Just make it another money sink for like 20,000 or 30,000 credits. Before level 20, everyone can heal/DPS as whatever spec anyway.

Also most importantly I'd like a summoning system created. Running to FPs manually is just a chore.

Without dual-spec you allow healers and tanks, the two roles needed most, to behave like they're the games gift to the world. With dual-spec you knock them down a peg by making them less indispensable, thus requiring them to be decent individuals like everyone else

I'm willing to bet that if dual-spec isn't added, 6 months from now we'll see people 'for hire' as tanks and healers, just like every other MMO I played that lacked this function

-I played EQ since release up until WoW came out, never saw someone "for hire" taken seriously.

-I played WoW since Vanilla, never saw someone "for hire" taken seriously.

-I played LOTRO up through Mines of Moria, never saw someone "for hire" taken seriously.

Add in similar statements for EQ2, DAOC, DCUO, Vanguard, and CoX (though not as likely to happen anyway because of the class structure).

Of those games, only WoW had dual-spec when I played (and I believe as of today that is still the only one), and I played years before they introduced it.

Tanks and/or Healers are not god's gift to gamers, competent players are god's gift to gamers, regardless of role. No Dual-Spec forces more focus on singular role, and I support that; I feel it leads to a stronger server community and a better average competency level.

Simple fact, unless there's a dual spec, healers will dwindle in number before level 50.

You know I've come to the conclusion that the majority of anti-dual-spec'ers are just RP nerds who will spend 99% of their time leveling alts and RP'ing so not being able to find healers and/or tanks doesn't matter to them.

The rest of us, the people who will actually be running organized pvp and pve already see the issue coming and we're trying to get this addressed before it becomes a major issue.

The bottom line is BW has already stated they want to introduce dual-spec in one of the early patch updates so we know they're working on it and we know it's coming. Let the RP'ers complain, eventually they'll get over it.

Actually, lack of a dual spec would mean more groups and more socializing because people wouldn't simply be jumping back and forth at will for w/e circumstance they want and would actually need to play with other people.

There's nothing logical about that statement.

Actually, lack of a dual spec would mean more groups and more socializing because people wouldn't simply be jumping back and forth at will for w/e circumstance they want and would actually need to play with other people. If you want to respec, cool, go ahead and do it. Don't then come crying on the forums saying Biowares needs to make it easier for you to do something that you honestly do not need to do at all. If you want to speed to level 50 as fast as you can, topping DPS charts along the way, level in a DPS spec and then change to your healing/tanking spec at 50 when you are done leveling.

Dual spec promotes grouping, and thus socialization, by increasing the available pool of tanks/healers in the game. Limiting this does not promote socialization as "/1 LFM for XXXX, need tank/healer" is not socialization. Right now on my server, many people skip heroics because it takes too long to find a full group. They skip flashpoints for the same reason. This is promoting solo play, not socialization. Meanwhile they can stay in their dps spec and solo, queue warzones, etc no problem all the way to 50 without having to communicate for pve reasons at all.

I don't get how you aren't understanding this very simple concept.

-I played EQ since release up until WoW came out, never saw someone "for hire" taken seriously.

-I played LOTRO up through Mines of Moria, never saw someone "for hire" taken seriously.

Add in similar statements for EQ2, DAOC, DCUO, Vanguard, and CoX (though not as likely to happen anyway because of the class structure).

Of those games, only WoW had dual-spec when I played (and I believe as of today that is still the only one), and I played years before they introduced it.

Tanks and/or Healers are not god's gift to gamers, competent players are god's gift to gamers, regardless of role. No Dual-Spec forces more focus on singular role, and I support that; I feel it leads to a stronger server community and a better average competency level.

I have, and I've even seen whole guilds dedicated to hiring their 'services' out. I don't take them seriously, but my main is also always a tank. Always

And a good tank will be a good tank with or without dual spec. I agree that GOOD players are closer to 'Gods gift' but the fact of the matter is you do see healers and tanks with attitude problems. Enough that I have seen forum posts stating such in every MMO since EQ1

No, because then we'll get 'I'm needing for my off spec' or someone will just outright need for their off spec. We have enough issues with people needing for companions of all things.

/facepalm

Again, same-server grouping solves this problem because the server community polices itself.

Then you weren't paying attention. I made oodles of gold as a tank for hire in WoW.

There's nothing logical about that statement.

Disagree, for every player than can fulfill two roles, you need to worry about knowing one less <role>. For example, if I can Tank/DPS and you can Heal/DPS, we never need to develop a community and positive relations with Tanks/HEalers/DPS because we can cover everything our self. We can just yell for "2 more, we don't care who you are".

Please do not add dual spec. Considering that ToR is a story driven campaign and that being able to change specializations on a whim is not something anyone can reasonably do, it would diminish the game overall, bringing it more in-line with already established and non-sensical titles such as World of Warcraft. ToR would become less unique, in other words. And it's already possible to retrain one's skills if one so desires.

Most people bathe regularly. I don't want to be like everyone else, so I don't bathe regularly. It makes me more unique. Other people can read, so I don't want to be able to do that - it makes me unique. Do you see a problem with this argument? It's fine to be different in a way that makes you better or at least not worse. Being different in a way that makes you worse isn't being unique, it is just failing.

There is a psychological problem with giving players everything they want. Eliminating the tedious or difficult aspects of games, of which finding ways to adjust to the choices one has made in developing skills is an example, amounts to reducing the overall challenge of the game. It makes a game easier to play.

Removing tedium makes the game easier only if you equate the ability to stand tedium with skill, which is ridiculous.

Actually, most of the people who want dual spec want it because they don't want to heal/tank inside Warzones.

1. So people who dual-spec can solo flashpoints (at-level)? Or do people have to group and socialize regardless? Can't be both, so pick one

2. I actually want dual-spec so I CAN heal in warzones if I see we need it since, you know, I hate healing and am not planning to roll a full-blown healer as the system stands now

So, yeah

Disagree, for every player than can fulfill two roles, you need to worry about knowing one less <role>. For example, if I can Tank/DPS and you can Heal/DPS, we never need to develop a community and positive relations with Tanks/HEalers/DPS because we can cover everything our self. We can just yell for "2 more, we don't care who you are".

This is even worse than his statement. Dual spec doesn't allow you to cover 2 roles at the same time. If I'm in tank spec, I need a healer and DPS. If I'm in DPS spec, now I need a healer and tank.

I don't think you even know what dual speccing is.

Dual spec promotes grouping, and thus socialization, by increasing the available pool of tanks/healers in the game. Limiting this does not promote socialization as "/1 LFM for XXXX, need tank/healer" is not socialization. Right now on my server, many people skip heroics because it takes too long to find a full group. They skip flashpoints for the same reason. This is promoting solo play, not socialization. Meanwhile they can stay in their dps spec and solo, queue warzones, etc no problem all the way to 50 without having to communicate for pve reasons at all.

I don't get how you aren't understanding this very simple concept.

I am not understanding it because I still have the logic like a smart person, "if you want something fixed, do it yourself" If you are finding there are a lack of healer/tanks to play with, make one. As for not being able to do flashpoints/heroics, did you ever try having someone who can tank/heal, just not in a tanking/healing spec do that? I know I did when we could find a tank and still destroyed Cadamimu. If you are talking about above level 40 stuff, maby it is because the game is brand new and not many people are up there yet.

This game was basically built around not needing a dual spec. Get your mind wrapped around that and you just may see the game is better than you think.