Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like saved specs. More specs = more options. I like having more options to play the game. We need a healer? No problem, I can help with that. Dps? Sure. Need more CC for pvp? No problem.

You want to play raid dps build and be inferior in pvp or have some hybrid build that will gimp you both in pve and pvp? Who's stopping you?

But, I am sure you will be using two specs for pvp/pve when dual spec is introduced...

You think I should roll an alt just to be able to play competitive pvp?

I don't think so. I will roll an alt, but for different reasons.

I am, however, against AC respec (different gear, class mechanics...).

No, Dual Speccing makes the game easy mode and is detrimental to the community imo.

Respecs are fine as long as they have an appropriate cost, be that time or creds or whatever.

Driz

I would say it has no effect on the community. WoW's community was the same before and after dual spec. The only change I noticed, was that more people ran dungeons while leveling up, giving people actual experience in other roles before they hit max level. Not just dps spec until max then switch over to start healing/tanking.

No, Dual Speccing makes the game easy mode and is detrimental to the community imo.

Respecs are fine as long as they have an appropriate cost, be that time or creds or whatever.

Driz

Dual spec and Respec= easy mode. Unless a credit sink and time is involved?

So are you against other items such as mounts that make the game easy mode?

What I think is sad is that the entire premise behind class / skill based MMORPGs is that you pick a class / skill set KNOWING you will not be a master of all trades.

When you pick it you know full well that if that class is good at one thing, it will not be the best at something else.

Thats the reason people need to group in the first place.

All am getting from this thread is that some people believe they are entitled and that they deserve to have one toon that is the best at PVE, the best at PVP and the best at RAIDING all in the same tempplate.

GG.

Driz

Old statement is old. Check the revised statement that was linked on this very board yesterday with a thread title like "BW says no to LFD". It had a latest comment from SR saying its not happening because BW want to foster a sense of cummunity.

I know, I know,,,it hurts to be wrong. Nice try though :)

Driz

I say we just agree to disagree, since clearly the devs don't even know what they want.

When you pick it you know full well that if that class is good at one thing, it will not be the best at something else.

yes, we pick a class, knowing full well what roles it can fill, we also know we can respec to change that role. a little more convenience in that fact is all thats being asked.

Dual spec and Respec= easy mode. Unless a credit sink and time is involved?

So are you against other items such as mounts that make the game easy mode?

How do mounts make the game easymode?

They are simply a quality of life item. Something to aim for, a prestige item if you will.

Driz

How do mounts make the game easymode?

They are simply a quality of life item. Something to aim for, a prestige item if you will.

Driz

well others would argue that part of the challenge of older MMOs was the long travel times between places. Queynos to freeport come to mind. Forcing people to group up to traverse dangerous lands.

yes, we pick a class, knowing full well what roles it can fill, we also know we can respec to change that role. a little more convenience in that fact is all thats being asked.

Thats the point, the option to do it is already there.

It's supposed to be accessible enough to not punish a bad choice here and there but also inconvenient and prohibitive in the long run, otherwise people would abuse it and use it as a method of dual speccing.

Driz