Paired light saber should be in the game as a weapon all force user classes to use

JeremiahDB

How exactly would a Sniper Agent use a BFG to, you know, SNIPE?

Yes, I know that this thread is discussing the Force Users, but Force Users are NOT the only Classes in the Game.

Oh and, not EVERY Weapon/Gear have Removable Mod Slots, just as not EVERYONE has Orange/Modable Purple ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the Time. This would affect the Lower Levels as not EVERYONE is Maxed Level.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need a sniper rifle when shooting lasers? Lasers don't need barrel rifling, extra barrel length, etc for accuracy. Plus think about Series of Shots. Why does the sniper work the bolt on a laser rifle?

I've seen cutscenes where a character without an off-hand pistol pulls one out to execute someone. I keep thinking, "Where did they get that? And why don't they use it in battle?"

The pistol is pulled out primarily with troopers since the two AC have entirely different animations for entirely different weapons. The cutscenes used fixed animations, animations that wouldn't work with weapons that do not share the same animation.

The fact that the agent uses the pistol too is a little more murky since the sniper rifle and blaster rifle both use the same animation, however I assume the use of the pistol might be due to the fact that several of the sniper rifles are rather large, and could be unwieldy in some of the cutscenes.

Yes, I know that this thread is discussing the Force Users, but Force Users are NOT the only Classes in the Game.

Oh and, not EVERY Weapon/Gear have Removable Mod Slots, just as not EVERYONE has Orange/Modable Purple ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the Time. This would affect the Lower Levels as not EVERYONE is Maxed Level.

This wouldn't impact anyone like you fear...they'd be cosmetic shells, just like armor is. Bioware can control which models are released, just like they currently do with everything else.

Can you imagine? A ranged class like sorcerer dual wielding? Turning into a close combat marauder?

lol, clearly just pulled out of thin air...

Why do you think they'd dual wield? They'd keep one weapon obviously, it would just be a melee cosmetic one. None of their specials would change either...so...how would they suddenly be a melee class?

Why do you think they'd dual wield? They'd keep one weapon obviously, it would just be a melee cosmetic one. None of their specials would change either...so...how would they suddenly be a melee class?

They wouldn't, but a class that specializes in force abilities and not melee combat would look incredibly silly with two sabers or a saber staff.

no, they said that it would be easy to free up lightsaber types for force users but blasters would be tricky.

Do you have a quote or source for this? I'd love to see that.

Also, I would assume most would understand that tech classes would still use tech weapons, and force users would still use force weapons. Though...it would be interesting to go full blown free for all.

They wouldn't, but a class that specializes in force abilities and not melee combat would look incredibly silly with two sabers or a saber staff.

Silly with a staff? To you? Then don't use it. See how easy that problem is to solve?! :D

The offhand wouldn't change - Sages would still have one weapon, but they could choose any melee weapon they like, including a staff. Cosmetics!!!

... the sorc looks ridiculous as is. It never uses its sabre...never. Unless it thrashes / sabre strikes for funsies. In fact, I could see a saber staff looking quite good, if their stance showed it as an actual staff and the like. And ofcourse it might look silly using two...I think it would. But then, if you and I think it'd look silly...why would you use two? I wouldn't...let other people use two.

I think looking naked or skimpy in combat is silly...but people can and do do it. And I don't make a fuss on the forums. :D

In Wow, mages can use swords, just like Gandalf (but most good ones don't, normally). And warriors can use staves.

in this game Kira can use either a single or double-bladed saber, T7 can use a pistol or a rifle and Aric can use an autocannon or a rifle (while referring to himself as a sniper in cut scenes). Troopers are carrying and use a pistol in cut scenes.

In the movies both Luke and Obi-wan used blasters and Han used a lightsaber (was funny). The books have lots of variations there.

In the trailers for this game we saw a trooper use a knife and a jugg dual wielding with a double saber in one hand (amongst other things - trailers were short).

What's that? "if you want to play one of the characters from the movies or the trailers or the cutscenes or with the flexibilty of a companion then go play ESO?". I do. The reason i still play this has nothing to do with how classes are setup and whoever was responsible for that had serious head-crammed-up-somewhere issues, imo.

Again - if cryptic can add sword styles and new animations to their game post release for one spec of one class that used swords, I have to believe bw can too (bw is still adding animations, btw, just not touching combat ones too much).

Edited by Savej

Or they can just leave it as is because the current weapon setup makes complete sense. I really don't feel like seeing a bunch of juggernauts running around with staffs or dual wielding, and even less with a sorc. It would look idiotic. Assassins specialize in staffs. If other classes could use a staff it would take away that unique specialization from assassins. Same with all the other classes.

Dumb idea is dumb. Not only would it cause confusion in pvp, but it would kill any form of uniqueness to the class.

Here's what I don't get unless there are two completely independent groups designing the game.

We have moved from class specific gear like what you get in crafting to anyone wearing anything through adaptive armor (My BH healer wears Warrior Jugg gear because it looks cool on a dual-wielding BH with black/red dye - even the robe/hood works) but we still have "No you can't do that!" on weapons? I got a bound unassembled Arkanian mainhand weapon I can't use because I'm not trading in my modded X-52 Wraith Infiltrator and none of the other weapons I can get will work with my companions. So what is it? Make your character whatever you want (except I would still separate force/tech to appropriate class) or make each class distinctive with armor & gear?

Bioware - make up your mind!!

Here's what I don't get unless there are two completely independent groups designing the game.

We have moved from class specific gear like what you get in crafting to anyone wearing anything through adaptive armor (My BH healer wears Warrior Jugg gear because it looks cool on a dual-wielding BH with black/red dye - even the robe/hood works) but we still have "No you can't do that!" on weapons? I got a bound unassembled Arkanian mainhand weapon I can't use because I'm not trading in my modded X-52 Wraith Infiltrator and none of the other weapons I can get will work with my companions. So what is it? Make your character whatever you want (except I would still separate force/tech to appropriate class) or make each class distinctive with armor & gear?

Bioware - make up your mind!!

Gear in this game is ugly so whatever. Keeping weapons being unique to each class however is way more important.

The rest of us would still have to look at this ridiculous eyesore of a character. This is an MMO, your actions do impact other people whether you accept it or not.

I have to look at Troopers in bright pink armor, or tanks in their underwear because they're wearing invisible armor too. This is far less obnoxious imo.

And are you certain that my look "impacts" you? That seems a bit extreme. It may annoy you, but impact? It's a game...lighten up dude.

Yeah. Yeah, it'd be cool. It really would. It would also makea great deal of sense.

Us having fun wasn't a big concern with the game design though, see. Kinda tertiary. Really, really tertiary.

Making sense? Nor really a concern at all.

No, it would be absolutely terrible.

Do you have a quote or source for this? I'd love to see that.

Also, I would assume most would understand that tech classes would still use tech weapons, and force users would still use force weapons. Though...it would be interesting to go full blown free for all.

It's from one of the more recent Cantina events. Unfortunately the Q&A sessions can be hard to track down for the specific quotes :(

Yeah, add this weapon I don't see the big deal with a sentinel switching from double blade to dual wield and vice - versa for other classes. Some work would be required for new animations but most of it is already in game, right.

There's no actual reason to change that.

"I want my mara/jug/sin running around with single/double-bladed/dual lightsaber" is not a good reason.

This steps quite close to the discussion of opening up the use of weapons for any Advanced Class to use.

There are a few ways it could be approached:-

There is a system already in place that allows characters to brawl with their bare fists. It's part of the legacy system and you can unlock 4 unarmed attacks. You have to unequip weapons from your character and then you can use the abilities. Tne damage scales with level. The animation is the same for every one.

You could tie in a similar system for weapons, have a drop box for the main and off-hand weapons, and a few basic attacks for them based on the standard attacks of the AC that uses that weapon. Develop it a bit more in the legacy system and require you unlock a specific Class to unlock access to certain weapons (I would say AC, but no other legacy unlock is based on AC).

This is effectively limiting the ability of some ACs that are dependent on their equipped weapons for the majority of their attacks. A Marauder uses a lot of sabre attacks, A Sorcerer barely ever uses their sabre it's all force attacks.

So, while handy for roleplaying and a little variety while grinding out dailies, a player unaware of the differences may find themselves entering a warzone, flashpoint or Operation with a severe handicap in terms of their damage output.

Another method may be to expand on the existing Advanced Classes within the current Classes and open up the weapon selections a little more. Bounty Hunters have a notable lack of melee weapons, as do Troopers but many of their compatriot NPCs have no such issue when equipping weapons.

And, lastly you could try to sensitise abilities to the weapon that is equipped. There is the potential for this as Commandos display different animations for 'Stock Strike' depending on whether they use a Rifle or Assault cannon. But, this could be a rare exception and it may be extremely time consuming to go through all the abilities in the game matching them out to each weapon combination.

I really love the people that are essentially saying "my fun is the right way to have fun."

Why do we even have cosmetic items at all? We should have 16 armors, 1 head/hair/eyes/etc for each race and gender! That way you could easily identify everything!

In fact, why bother having classes at all? It would be super easy to identify if everything was exactly the same. We could have fun being shapeless grey blobs that don't do anything! YEE-HAW!

I have to look at Troopers in bright pink armor, or tanks in their underwear because they're wearing invisible armor too. This is far less obnoxious imo.

And are you certain that my look "impacts" you? That seems a bit extreme. It may annoy you, but impact? It's a game...lighten up dude.

Annoyance is an impact. May or may not be trivial to you, may or may not be trivial to me. But its still an impact.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.