Please let us exclude warzones we don't want to play

doctor_atomic

This thread is over. Please find the Q&A where this was planned and scrapped along with everything PvP when the game went F2P. So you'll see this option along with x-server in 2030

Simoon: Will you be adding the option to choose what Warzone you enter a queue for?

Gabe Amatangelo: Not until we introduce cross server queuing. If we were to allow players to choose their Warzone before they could queue across servers, then it would negatively affect how often every player would see a Warzone – and for every player that loves a certain Warzone there is another player that hates it. The population would end up divided by their Warzone choice, negatively affecting the time it would take for a specific Warzone to become available for anyone. With cross server queuing we will still have a preference to match players of the same server, but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not even the slightest bit true.

yes it is. but you need to substitute "spec" for "class," and then apply it only to solo rated (b/c of all dps matches). skill being equal (which it usually isn't), class comp will determine the match. some classes/specs are just a lot easier to kill than others. but I concede that better skill trumps class balance most of the time (somewhere in the 80-90% range).

HAHAHA.

... Oh wait, your serious?

People who are actually, ya know, good at the game tend to consider huttball the best map in the game. Its the only one that requires true team coordination and "node guarding" is actually fighting in the middle to control the ball spawn. Of course this only occurs when two good teams fight and sadly most pugs are terrible, but still, doesn't change the fact that huttball is hands down to most well design pvp map in the game.

The only thing I would really change about it is how players move the ball. I'd like to see more emphasis over passing and player placement on the map over who has the better ball carrying abilities. Basically the ball should cause a hindering effect so things like leap/roll/force speed don't work when carrying the ball. Would make things much more interesting.

People who are actually, ya know, good at the game tend to consider huttball the best map in the game. Its the only one that requires true team coordination and "node guarding" is actually fighting in the middle to control the ball spawn. Of course this only occurs when two good teams fight and sadly most pugs are terrible, but still, doesn't change the fact that huttball is hands down to most well design pvp map in the game.

The only thing I would really change about it is how players move the ball. I'd like to see more emphasis over passing and player placement on the map over who has the better ball carrying abilities. Basically the ball should cause a hindering effect so things like leap/roll/force speed don't work when carrying the ball. Would make things much more interesting.

You mean blindly chasing the ball carrier around with no hope of catching/killing them isn't how you're supposed to play? :rak_03:

Edited by Jadescythe

You mean blindly chasing the ball carrier around with no hope of catching/killing them isn't how you're supposed to play? :rak_03:

Well at that point you're just being outplayed or you don't have a puller. One good pull can easily end that, but again....pugs. The ONE time resolve is actually noticeable is in friggan huttball lmao. I get so mad at pugs when I have a perfect chance to firepull and......oh look he's whitebarred. Pugs just LOVE to CC ball carriers at full health or just right before the fire pit. Come on people lol.

Well at that point you're just being outplayed or you don't have a puller. One good pull can easily end that, but again....pugs. The ONE time resolve is actually noticeable is in friggan huttball lmao. I get so mad at pugs when I have a perfect chance to firepull and......oh look he's whitebarred. Pugs just LOVE to CC ball carriers at full health or just right before the fire pit. Come on people lol.

Well, I was being sarcastic, but there is a much easier fix. Have everyone mid and let them score so you can take over control.

This.

I understand that you get kicked out and have to wait in the PvE, but you still can group up via the old-fashioned means and enter whatever Flashpoint you like at will – and in fact you don’t even need to group up for it if you are overlevelled and just want oranges and comms. You certainly can’t arrange a Huttball match that way.

I still think that 8x8 and 4x4 format at least should be allowed for preferring. People who want faster pop will select both and hallelujah!

@Foxmob: It seems that your advice with regards to the Gunslinger 4x4 is along the lines that the best defense is a good offence. Fair enough, still, I was looking more for a tactics that results in a “and the Slinger lived to see the (almost) entire zone!” outcome which is not preconditioned with ‘…and their team loaded undergeared first-timers with 1397 resolve between the four of them’.

I am taking your advice in regards to the middle tree to heart though – thank you. I won’t use it on my current Gunslinger, since it will be harder for me to re-learn the spec, than to start from a low level. After looking at the spec, it is a lot of fun, and I will do it on my Sniper who is just starting skilling up. is it useful in PvP though? The rotations seem to be very long, though there is a sheer joy of an improved XS Freighter and the Hightail It with the charges in the wake... :)

Edited by DomiSotto

yeah. when you have pulls on your team, you really really really need to avoid filling resolve. :(

I know I could, but why would I ? Playing what I like to play makes more sense imo

Ya and some people like the less popular maps. If you had a choice to what maps you wanted to play the ones that like the less popular ones would be waiting longer to play their map or never play it at all and forced to choose the maps that pop more often. Random map rotation is literally the best and most fair way to get all maps to be played.

It is fine exactly the way it is.

Ya and some people like the less popular maps. If you had a choice to what maps you wanted to play the ones that like the less popular ones would be waiting longer to play their map or never play it at all and forced to choose the maps that pop more often. Random map rotation is literally the best and most fair way to get all maps to be played.

It is fine exactly the way it is.

Forcing players into unpopular maps and gameplay modes solves nothing. All it does is cause some players to bail and others to play anyway but not fully participate because they aren't enjoying it or their class / build isn't suited to it. If metrics show that a map or gameplay mode is particularly unpopular then they need to address the reasons why and fix it.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the carrot approach, such as having a daily reward for playing a random map. This is how it is handled with Tacticals so that the less popular ones still get some activity.

Forcing players into unpopular maps and gameplay modes solves nothing. All it does is cause some players to bail and others to play anyway but not fully participate because they aren't enjoying it or their class / build isn't suited to it. If metrics show that a map or gameplay mode is particularly unpopular then they need to address the reasons why and fix it.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the carrot approach, such as having a daily reward for playing a random map. This is how it is handled with Tacticals so that the less popular ones still get some activity.

Those players probably shouldn't be pvping to begin with.

Am optimistic enough to ask that there might even be some dev feedback on this?

Correcting this one aspect would be an extremely positive improvement for overall swtor pvp.

Players already have the choice to exit a war zone to avoid ones they dislike, why not let us make that choice before we actually enter the warzone?

Am optimistic enough to ask that there might even be some dev feedback on this?

Correcting this one aspect would be an extremely positive improvement for overall swtor pvp.

Players already have the choice to exit a war zone to avoid ones they dislike, why not let us make that choice before we actually enter the warzone?

They have answered several times both dev posts and at cantina events. They have said random is the most fair way to keep all maps in rotation and being played. They don't want warzones to be empty and people forming the perfect comp for one specific warzone which I completely agree with. The current system is fine.

Edited by Raansu

They have answered several times both on here and at cantina events. They have said random is the most fair way to keep all maps in rotation and being played. They don't want warzones to be empty and people forming the perfect comp for one specific warzone which I completely agree with. The current system is fine.

7-10 hypergates or voidstars in a row - this is not a random, this is ********! :D

They can allow to exclude ONE map per day, not 2 or 3 just one. :)

Edited by Glower

They don't want warzones to be empty and people forming the perfect comp for one specific warzone which I completely agree with.

What?? I thought Vigi Guardian, Darkmaul Shadow and OP heal was the perfect compo for about every single wz.. :p

7-10 hypergates or voidstars in a row - this is not a random, this is ********! :D

They can allow to exclude ONE map per day, not 2 or 3 just one. :)

The joy of RNG