Would pay 10 euro, or dollars, for just a new class?

Elminster_cs

Hey guys, I'm interested in some opinion.

As topic say:

For me is a big yes.

We all know is a big effort in this game to bringh a new class, there is lot of work to do:

- all dialogue from the start to do

- all animations

- all voices

- all new skill set

- all the new story both imperial and republic from the start

- german and france translations

- companions story

- maybe a ship

- and maybe also 2 advanced class (well they can design a single role class)

- and much more

So there is lot of work here for a new class, so I have to say I will pay 10/15 dollars for it, even without CC so I can't buy just waiting for subscribtion.

We have 1 milion player every month, if just half buy the new class this mean for BW 5 milion dollars, that I think can pretty full fill the costs of implement a new class.

I would like to pay even for just a level 50 (or a bit less) class. Let me explain. Like the death knight in wow, something that start at bigger level so there is very much less to implement, maybe a small starting planet or even one that is already there with a new are where to start with this.

Of course both option require more effort when they have launch, for every new addiction they have to do some more work. Example a new flashpoint will require more work from devs to integrate a new class.

What do you think? Would pay 10/15 euro, or dollars, for just a new class?

Share your opinion!

What I'm willing to do is likely unimportant - it's what a majority of the playerbase will do. Charging for it, while a good idea to offset costs, means you're effectively leaving it "locked out" to anyone new coming into the game unless they likely complete Tython / Ord Mantell / Korriban / Hutta first and create their legacy. And a new player likely won't get through the tutorial-like section of the game only to have to pay $10 to unlock a class they want to play where they have to play through yet another tutorial-like section of the game.

Plus, would they share a planet, or would they have their own? Ord Mantell and Tython are designed for having two classes of players running through it, not just one and not having three. So they might need to revamp some things there, too.

Plus, how many older players would buy it? If someone's an altaholic like me, sure. If they're not, though, then they likely don't use more than one or two characters and likely won't buy it anyway.

Plus, how many older players would buy it? If someone's an altaholic like me, sure. If they're not, though, then they likely don't use more than one or two characters and likely won't buy it anyway.

That is why I have counted just 500k people instead of 1milion that we have every month. There are lot of people with lot of character, most of the people here have at least 2/3 alts. :D

As an altoholic I'd jump at the chance. But it's not going to happen is it.

If EA have the choice between the gargantuan effort needed to bring a new class into the game, to sell for 10 Euros or knocking up a single use dye they can sell for the same price via CCs, what do you think they're going to do?

And even if EA were considering putting in the huge amount of development time for something this, my guess is that the majority of the player base, myself included, would prefer the time was invested into an expansion with story for all the existing classes instead.

No, would much rather see content than a 17th adv class.

A class is content as long as it has its own story. If you don't agree with this, then you don't understand RPGs.

And yes, I would like to see a new class with a whole new story. Maybe some completely neutral one, which will have to choose side at some point, like level 10 which isn't that hard to pull.

If EA have the choice between the gargantuan effort needed to bring a new class into the game, to sell for 10 Euros or knocking up a single use dye they can sell for the same price via CCs, what do you think they're going to do?

You absolutly score a point here, but I think very few people buy it, I can bet order than 1k-10k of the player base, and most of them use CC they have from subs.

This is because I think if they do something like that there must NOT be an option to buy it with CC.

A class is content as long as it has its own story. If you don't agree with this, then you don't understand RPGs.

And yes, I would like to see a new class with a whole new story. Maybe some completely neutral one, which will have to choose side at some point, like level 10 which isn't that hard to pull.

Anyone have their opinion on what is content. For someone stronghold is not content, like conquest, for me it is. Just different opinions. I agree with you for me would be a great add to the game, because one of the think I have enjoyed most is levelling a new class.

Edited by Elminster_cs

I wonder how much it would take for Bioware to release a new Class.

Cathar Cost 600 Cartel Coins which is roughly 14.99 for a Race

While that is much much less labor intensive I would think that for perhaps 2000 cartel coins would be appropriate for a new class.

Just make it an unlock. Include with an expansion and charge 2000 Coins which would be $49.92 (Calculated by the subscription price of $14.99 = 600 coins with security key)

They could even reuse Hutta / Ord Mantell for the starting areas and just add Class missions/ companions. Heck even reuse say the BH / Trooper ship layout.

Just some ideas to add to a good thread!

I wonder how much it would take for Bioware to release a new Class.

Cathar Cost 600 Cartel Coins which is roughly 14.99 for a Race

While that is much much less labor intensive I would think that for perhaps 2000 cartel coins would be appropriate for a new class.

Just make it an unlock. Include with an expansion and charge 2000 Coins which would be $49.92 (Calculated by the subscription price of $14.99 = 600 coins with security key)

They could even reuse Hutta / Ord Mantell for the starting areas and just add Class missions/ companions. Heck even reuse say the BH / Trooper ship layout.

Just some ideas to add to a good thread!

Well I can't understand why you have calculated the ammount of CC costs with subscription fee! :p

But again for me is better to pay real money, not CC, for a new class. So all have to pay and not just use CC from subscription.

They can use any of the starting planet, for sure take really less work than start a new one!

Edited by Elminster_cs

I'd pay 10 bucks for a new class so long as it had these features.

1) 1 new & unique class mission per zone per planet (on average)

2) 4 unique & interesting companions

3) 2 unique class armor sets

4) a unique class buff

5) a new species option

I'd pay 15 if it was a droid class.

Good chance a new class doesn't get put in. Maybe new advanced classes, but I am pretty sure Bioware has said that the undertaking required for a new class is beyond the resources they want to put into the game, and that they would rather focus on planetary arcs like Makeb and Oricon.

A new class (including a class story) is not cosmetic, it is content. Either include it as part of a larger content package like RotHC for $15, or include it in a subscription.

Edited by azudelphi

Well I can't understand why you have calculated the ammount of CC costs with subscription fee! :p

But again for me is better to pay real money, not CC, for a new class. So all have to pay and not just use CC from subscription.

They can use any of the starting planet, for sure take really less work than start a new one!

The reason being is that you suggested $10 for a price of a new class. Bioware has already added a new Race and gave it a price which was 600CC for Cathar. We can assume that if they were to add a new class they would do so via the market and not as some sort of paid expansion (Since SWTOR is free to play)

I think that $10 for a class would result in very little content being added for said class and would probably amount to simply a re-skin of a current class. I would be willing to pay expansion price for an unlock that provided expansion level of content such as a complete new class

If Bioware were to add a new class at minimum they would need

1) New Voice acting Male/Female for both

2) a completely unique storyline from level 1-50

3) be different in many ways from current classes. (I suppose adding a Imperial Trooper and SIS agent would be acceptable if done right tho.)

To bring down development costs there are several places they could save.

1) Reuse two of the Player ships (They already do this for Sith and Jedi)

2) Have the new classes start on already existing starter planets.

3) Have Treek (Or Treek Clone) and HK (Or HK Clone) be Companions to lessen the amount of new unique companions to Add.

Point is that if they only charge $10 there is a chance they will do the minimum or worse.

You asked If I was willing to Pay $10 for a new class. The answer is Im willing to pay much more for them to do it right.

Edited by Odyssys

Hey guys, I'm interested in some opinion.

As topic say:

For me is a big yes.

We all know is a big effort in this game to bringh a new class, there is lot of work to do:

- all dialogue from the start to do

- all animations

- all voices

- all new skill set

- all the new story both imperial and republic from the start

- german and france translations

- companions story

- maybe a ship

- and maybe also 2 advanced class (well they can design a single role class)

- and much more

So there is lot of work here for a new class, so I have to say I will pay 10/15 dollars for it, even without CC so I can't buy just waiting for subscribtion.

We have 1 milion player every month, if just half buy the new class this mean for BW 5 milion dollars, that I think can pretty full fill the costs of implement a new class.

I would like to pay even for just a level 50 (or a bit less) class. Let me explain. Like the death knight in wow, something that start at bigger level so there is very much less to implement, maybe a small starting planet or even one that is already there with a new are where to start with this.

Of course both option require more effort when they have launch, for every new addiction they have to do some more work. Example a new flashpoint will require more work from devs to integrate a new class.

What do you think? Would pay 10/15 euro, or dollars, for just a new class?

Share your opinion!

I would.

Add to your calculations the extended subscription time needed to finish a new class story. For me at least two months, so I would in fact pay something like 30 dollar/euros (not sure how much is subscription fee right now)